From: nospam.Nicola.Mettimano@f601.n335.z2.fidonet.org (Nicola Mettimano)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: No way to import any external module
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 23:30:08 +1300
 by: Nicola Mettimano - Sun, 12 Feb 2023 10:30 UTC

Investigating more...
I can't import any external module; I have seen the log of mis where i see:
MYSTIC 001 An error has occured: EAccessViolation Access violation

Searching with google I found another guy that which had the same problem:
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.bbs.mystic/c/blrm_csdbqU

modules are in $PATH; if I run pyhton3 from cli and import those modules it
does it without errors; I don't use other modules in python2.

I don't know what else to do... :-(

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent!

Re: No way to import any external module

<3623044302@f820.n218.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2229&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2229

From: nospam.Ryan.Fantus@f820.n218.z1.fidonet.org (Ryan Fantus)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: No way to import any external module
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 16:39:05 +1300
 by: Ryan Fantus - Sun, 12 Feb 2023 03:39 UTC

NM> I don't know what else to do... :-(

Quick thought - how are you launching 'mis'? Are you using 'sudo' to launch it?

I notice when I use sudo to launch mis it looks for the root user's
environmental things. Like, it drops suid to the user it's supposed to be, but
it will look in /root/.<path> for stuff. My way around this is to not use sudo.

Re: No way to import any external module

<530911209@f601.n335.z2.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2230&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2230

From: nospam.Nicola.Mettimano@f601.n335.z2.fidonet.org (Nicola Mettimano)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 14:57:57 +1300
 by: Nicola Mettimano - Mon, 13 Feb 2023 01:57 UTC

RF> Quick thought - how are you launching 'mis'? Are you using 'sudo' to
RF> launch it?

I use this useful script to run mis as a service trought systemd:
https://vswitchzero.com/mystic-systemd/
On this script i specified a User so Mystic run as a normal user (i can see
this with htop).
Anyway, if it could not find the python modules it would give the module not
found error, instead the connection is closed silently.
Another strange thing is that if I launch the command with ./mystic -uUser
-pPassword -zSCRIPT.mpy it work.... so it seem something related telnet or
server....?!?!?
Finally, in the error log I see this: "MYSTIC 001 An error has occured:
EAccessViolation Access violation" both if I use telnet and if I use the local
command....
I think that the only one can help us is g00r00 :-(

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent!