Dijkstra probably hates me. -- Linus Torvalds, in kernel/sched.c

computers / news.software.readers / Re: GG isn't accepting new subscriptions (to Threads) but ol

SubjectAuthor
* GG isn't accepting new subscriptions (to Threads) but olHenHanna
+* Re: GG isn't accepting new subscriptions (to Threads) but oMarco Moock
|`- Re: GG isn't accepting new subscriptions (to Threads) but olHenHanna
`* Re: GG isn't accepting new subscriptions (to Threads) but olD
 `* Re: GG isn't accepting new subscriptions (to Threads) but olHenHanna
  `* Re: GG isn't accepting new subscriptions (to Threads) but olD
   `* Re: GG isn't accepting new subscriptions (to Threads) but olJohn
    `* Re: GG isn't accepting new subscriptions (to Threads) but olHenHanna
     `* Re: GG isn't accepting new subscriptions (to Threads) but olcandycanearter07
      `* Re: GG isn't accepting new subscriptions (to Threads) but olHenHanna
       `- Re: GG isn't accepting new subscriptions (to Threads) but olcandycanearter07

1
GG isn't accepting new subscriptions (to Threads) but ol

<af76fa93ff25ff349a97ac5fa777820a@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2223&group=news.software.readers#2223

From: HenHanna@gmail.com (HenHanna)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
but ol
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 19:05:46 +0000
 by: HenHanna - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 19:05 UTC

GG isn't accepting new subscriptions (to Threads)
but old subscriptions are still working...

About 30 min. ago, there were 2 new posts to a Thread i started,
and one of them got emailed to me (by GG).

Re: GG isn't accepting new subscriptions (to Threads) but ol

<urlgeu$3d2fm$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2227&group=news.software.readers#2227

From: mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
but ol
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 21:25:02 +0100
 by: Marco Moock - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 20:25 UTC

On 27.02.2024 um 19:05 Uhr HenHanna wrote:

> About 30 min. ago, there were 2 new posts to a Thread i started,
> and one of them got emailed to me (by GG).

Usenet threads?
Are the messages available in the public Google archive?

--
kind regards
Marco

Send spam to muell456@cartoonies.org

<7d8d03a846dfe7c9cac65716149cfea9@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2228&group=news.software.readers#2228

From: J@M (D)
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 21:31:04 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
 by: D - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 20:31 UTC

On Tue, 27 Feb 2024 19:05:46 +0000, HenHanna@gmail.com (HenHanna) wrote:
> GG isn't accepting new subscriptions (to Threads)
> but old subscriptions are still working...
> About 30 min. ago, there were 2 new posts to a Thread i started,
> and one of them got emailed to me (by GG).

that's exciting news . . . you should post regular updates to this usenet
newsgroup about your ongoing success with using google groups without any
need for the now defunct google2news gateway... google groups still works,
and you can even use gmail to discuss anything you like and talk about it!
every usenet newsgroup wants to hear about your incredible breakthrough...

Re: GG isn't accepting new subscriptions (to Threads) but ol

<2f7f0ac9cfea2cbc0cdcb6d6ca44f1c9@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2229&group=news.software.readers#2229

From: HenHanna@gmail.com (HenHanna)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 20:48:56 +0000
 by: HenHanna - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 20:48 UTC

Marco Moock wrote:

> On 27.02.2024 um 19:05 Uhr HenHanna wrote:

>> About 30 min. ago, there were 2 new posts to a Thread i started,
>> and one of them got emailed to me (by GG).

i think... GG's email notification always failed at least 5-10% of the time.

> Usenet threads?

Yes. Rec.Puzzles

> Are the messages available in the public Google archive?

Re: GG isn't accepting new subscriptions (to Threads) but ol

<8fd0f4ca306f8a65a2cb186d4f293745@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2230&group=news.software.readers#2230

From: HenHanna@gmail.com (HenHanna)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 20:52:37 +0000
 by: HenHanna - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 20:52 UTC

D wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Feb 2024 19:05:46 +0000, HenHanna@gmail.com (HenHanna) wrote:
>> GG isn't accepting new subscriptions (to Threads)
>> but old subscriptions are still working...
>> About 30 min. ago, there were 2 new posts to a Thread i started,
>> and one of them got emailed to me (by GG).

> that's exciting news . . . you should post regular updates to this usenet
> newsgroup about your ongoing success with using google groups without any
> need for the now defunct google2news gateway... google groups still works,
> and you can even use gmail to discuss anything you like and talk about it!
> every usenet newsgroup wants to hear about your incredible breakthrough...

Thanks!

How do you achieve Nroff-like formatting in your post(s) ?

Re: GG isn't accepting new subscriptions (to Threads) but ol

<41469c054bfb1953094ef68ec0474cf1@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2232&group=news.software.readers#2232

From: J@M (D)
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 23:26:34 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
 by: D - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 22:26 UTC

On Tue, 27 Feb 2024 20:52:37 +0000, HenHanna@gmail.com (HenHanna) wrote:
>D wrote:
>> On Tue, 27 Feb 2024 19:05:46 +0000, HenHanna@gmail.com (HenHanna) wrote:
>>> GG isn't accepting new subscriptions (to Threads)
>>> but old subscriptions are still working...
>>> About 30 min. ago, there were 2 new posts to a Thread i started,
>>> and one of them got emailed to me (by GG).
>
>> that's exciting news . . . you should post regular updates to this usenet
>> newsgroup about your ongoing success with using google groups without any
>> need for the now defunct google2news gateway... google groups still works,
>> and you can even use gmail to discuss anything you like and talk about it!
>> every usenet newsgroup wants to hear about your incredible breakthrough...
>
> Thanks!
> How do you achieve Nroff-like formatting in your post(s) ?

it's a patented technique developed by scribes many centuries ago

Re: GG isn't accepting new subscriptions (to Threads) but ol

<86jzmp78f9.fsf@building-m.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2233&group=news.software.readers#2233

From: john@building-m.net (John)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 00:13:14 +0000
 by: John - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 00:13 UTC

D <J@M> writes:

> On Tue, 27 Feb 2024 20:52:37 +0000, HenHanna@gmail.com (HenHanna) wrote:
>>D wrote:
>>
>>> that's exciting news . . . you should post regular updates to this usenet
>>> newsgroup about your ongoing success with using google groups without any
>>> need for the now defunct google2news gateway... google groups still works,
>>> and you can even use gmail to discuss anything you like and talk about it!
>>> every usenet newsgroup wants to hear about your incredible breakthrough...
>>
>> Thanks!
>> How do you achieve Nroff-like formatting in your post(s) ?
>
> it's a patented technique developed by scribes many centuries ago

Or if you happen to use Emacs, you can invoke `M-x set-justification`,
then type "full", then use M-q to apply full justification on the
region. No ancient scribes required (well, aside from the Emacs
authors). Be warned that it looks kind of goofy on a screen in a
monospace font instead of in a book in a nice variable-width typeface.

john

Re: GG isn't accepting new subscriptions (to Threads) but ol

<cf080d2d4be99015b89dc9724a2ccd09@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2244&group=news.software.readers#2244

From: HenHanna@gmail.com (HenHanna)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 19:14:55 +0000
 by: HenHanna - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 19:14 UTC

John wrote:

> D <J@M> writes:

>>> Thanks!
>>> How do you achieve Nroff-like formatting in your post(s) ?
>>
>> it's a patented technique developed by scribes many centuries ago

> Or if you happen to use Emacs, you can invoke `M-x set-justification`,
> then type "full", then use M-q to apply full justification on the
> region. No ancient scribes required (well, aside from the Emacs
> authors). Be warned that it looks kind of goofy on a screen in a
> monospace font instead of in a book in a nice variable-width typeface.
> john

Well... it depends on what you
mean by "goofy" -- does it not?
i looked for online Nroff simulators
or emulators and was able to find
none! Btw, GG used to hide my email
adrs but here my email adrs is shown
explicitly as is, and i'm afraid
i may be seeing a shocking increase
in the volume of spam email.
omg, i certainly hope not!!!
(i've not noticed it thus far.)

Re: GG isn't accepting new subscriptions (to Threads) but ol

<uro3v0$2db7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2248&group=news.software.readers#2248

From: candycanearter07@candycanearter07.nomail.afraid (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 20:10:08 -0000 (UTC)
 by: candycanearter07 - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 20:10 UTC

HenHanna <HenHanna@gmail.com> wrote at 19:14 this Wednesday (GMT):
> John wrote:
>
>> D <J@M> writes:

>>> it's a patented technique developed by scribes many centuries ago
>

>> Or if you happen to use Emacs, you can invoke `M-x set-justification`,
>> then type "full", then use M-q to apply full justification on the
>> region. No ancient scribes required (well, aside from the Emacs
>> authors). Be warned that it looks kind of goofy on a screen in a
>> monospace font instead of in a book in a nice variable-width typeface.
>> john
>

> Well... it depends on what you
> mean by "goofy" -- does it not?
> i looked for online Nroff simulators
> or emulators and was able to find
> none! Btw, GG used to hide my email
> adrs but here my email adrs is shown
> explicitly as is, and i'm afraid
> i may be seeing a shocking increase
> in the volume of spam email.
> omg, i certainly hope not!!!
> (i've not noticed it thus far.)

You can most likely set your client to use a fake email instead of your
real one.

<dcf1efa39ba4aafcfaea8ab280ec959d@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2249&group=news.software.readers#2249

From: HenHanna@dev.null (HenHanna)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 20:32:44 +0000
 by: HenHanna - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 20:32 UTC

candycanearter07 wrote:

>> Well... it depends on what you
>> mean by "goofy" -- does it not?
>> i looked for online Nroff simulators
>> or emulators and was able to find
>> none! Btw, GG used to hide my email
>> adrs but here my email adrs is shown
>> explicitly as is, and i'm afraid
>> i may be seeing a shocking increase
>> in the volume of spam email.
>> omg, i certainly hope not!!!
>> (i've not noticed it thus far.)

> You can most likely set your client to use a fake email instead of your
> real one.

thanks... i just did that and i think
it worked!

Re: GG isn't accepting new subscriptions (to Threads) but ol

<uro7or$38a2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2250&group=news.software.readers#2250

From: candycanearter07@candycanearter07.nomail.afraid (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 21:15:07 -0000 (UTC)
 by: candycanearter07 - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 21:15 UTC

HenHanna <HenHanna@dev.null> wrote at 20:32 this Wednesday (GMT):
> candycanearter07 wrote:
>

>>> Well... it depends on what you
>>> mean by "goofy" -- does it not?
>>> i looked for online Nroff simulators
>>> or emulators and was able to find
>>> none! Btw, GG used to hide my email
>>> adrs but here my email adrs is shown
>>> explicitly as is, and i'm afraid
>>> i may be seeing a shocking increase
>>> in the volume of spam email.
>>> omg, i certainly hope not!!!
>>> (i've not noticed it thus far.)
>
>> You can most likely set your client to use a fake email instead of your
>> real one.
>

> thanks... i just did that and i think
> it worked!

Yep, its now displaying as @dev.null. Do keep in mind it won't change
your old messages, so you might still get a bit of spam.