From: nospam.IB.Joe@f200.n342.z1.fidonet.org (IB Joe)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Issue
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 12:44:02 +1300
 by: IB Joe - Thu, 19 Oct 2023 23:44 UTC

I have double checked, and re-cheched my setup. I have an issue... When I am
on the BBS posting an ANSI file manually to a message it posts perfectly like
it should...

BUT... When I try to post the same file with mutil in an auto post it gets
screwed up... It looks like Mystic is auto wrapping the lines that exceed the
80 columns...
I thought I was able to do it before... I see others doing it... WHY!!! can't I
do it... my next 2 messages will show you my problem

IB Joe, Pronouns (FJB/LGB)
AKA Joe Schweier
SysOp of 4A 6F 65 73 42 42 53
-=JoesBBS.com=-

.... There is an exception to every rule, except this one.

Issue

<697843601@f1.n770.z4478.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2265&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2265

From: nospam.Nicholas.Boel@f1.n770.z4478.fidonet.org (Nicholas Boel)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 16:58:43 +1300
 by: Nicholas Boel - Fri, 20 Oct 2023 03:58 UTC

Re: Issue
By: IB Joe to All on Fri Oct 20 2023 12:44 pm

IJ> I have double checked, and re-cheched my setup. I have an issue... When I
IJ> am on the BBS posting an ANSI file manually to a message it posts
IJ> perfectly like it should...

IJ> BUT... When I try to post the same file with mutil in an auto post it gets
IJ> screwed up... It looks like Mystic is auto wrapping the lines that exceed
IJ> the 80 columns... I thought I was able to do it before... I see others
IJ> doing it... WHY!!! can't I do it... my next 2 messages will show you my
IJ> problem

It looks like when you post via mutil it's not adding "[ANSI]" to the subject
line, so maybe mystic is either not detecting that it's an ANSI or
it's processing it differently than when you upload it via the BBS.

After actually looking at mutil.ini, it seems the stanza is called
"[PostTextFiles]" and mentions nothing about ANSI. Also, whatsnew.txt doesn't
mention anything regarding this stanza and posting ANSI files either. It may be
possible it doesn't support doing that just yet, or was never intended to?

Maybe others that actually use that stanza can chime in on this, though, as I
see a lot of ANSI posts from other Mystic systems.

Regards,
Nick
Regards,
Nick

.... All things are possible. Except skiing through a revolving door.