From: nospam.Al@f757.n153.z1.fidonet.org (Al)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Issue
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 17:35:30 +1300
 by: Al - Fri, 20 Oct 2023 04:35 UTC

> Maybe others that actually use that stanza can chime in on this, though, as I
> see a lot of ANSI posts from other Mystic systems.

I haven't tried to post an ansi with mutil for a long time.

If I remember right mutil only posts the first 79 or 80 columbs of text and
anything longer than that would simply be discarded. I found that to be the
case with any text or ansi file. I always made sure that text was preformatted
to fit in that before posting with mutil.

It's been a very long time since I used mutil, I don't know if that is still
the case today or not.

Issue

<697895357@f1.n770.z4482.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2269&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2269

From: nospam.Nicholas.Boel@f1.n770.z4482.fidonet.org (Nicholas Boel)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 07:21:15 +1300
 by: Nicholas Boel - Fri, 20 Oct 2023 18:21 UTC

Re: Issue
By: Al to Nicholas Boel on Fri Oct 20 2023 05:35 pm

Al> If I remember right mutil only posts the first 79 or 80 columbs of text
Al> and anything longer than that would simply be discarded. I found that to
Al> be the case with any text or ansi file. I always made sure that text was
Al> preformatted to fit in that before posting with mutil.

That may be exactly what he's encountering. It's taking into consideration all
the ansi codes and chopping it off at 79 characters. Otherwise, the ansi is
displaying fine.
Regards,
Nick

.... If it was a bet, you wouldn't take it.