From: nospam.Paul.Hayton@f100.n770.z3.fidonet.org (Paul Hayton)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: Crash Netmail
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 11:10:25 +1300
 by: Paul Hayton - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 22:10 UTC

On 12 Apr 2024 at 11:35p, Rob Swindell pondered and said...
RS> Crash means direct (not routed) *and* immediate.

I really should know this by now also.

In my head I always thought it was immediate but did not put together the
direct/non routed bit.

Just found some old FastEcho tosser docs and at the back of them was this table
of info which may be helpful for others following along.

Appendix (C) - Message Attributes
==================

The message attributes specify, mostly, the messages aim and/or the
message status, furthermore, them determines how the mailer must treat
the outgoing NetMail messages and how your editor must handle the inco-
ming NetMail messages.. There are a lot of message attributes, standard
or not. In the table below the most common of them will be summarized.

???????????????????????????????????
? M E S S A G E A T T R I B U T E S ?
???????????????????????????????????
?ATTRIBUTE ? D E S C R I P T I O N ?
???????????????????????????????????
? ATT ?Means that the present NetMail message has a file at- ?
? ?tached to it. The path and file specification of the ?
? ?file to be sent must always be specified in the messa- ?
? ?ge subject. The message text may contain other infor- ?
? ?mations too. ?
???????????????????????????????????
? CRA ?Crash or High-Priority mail. The messages having this ?
? ?attribute set, bypass any routing statement and are, ?
? ?usually, sent directly to the addressee system. ?
???????????????????????????????????
? DIR ?This means "Direct". the presence of this attribute in ?
? (*) ?te in a NetMail message implies that it can be sent ?
? ?to this system directly (avoiding to go through in-?
? ?termediary systems). If, for example, a NetMail messa-?
? ?ge has the DIR and the HOLD attribute together, it re-?
? ?quires that only the destination system (points inclu-?
? ?ded) calls your system to be able to pickup their mail.?
???????????????????????????????????
? FRQ ?File/Request. When a NetMail message having this attri-?
? ?bute is sent, then the addressee system will consider ?
? ?it as a request to send one or more files to the reque-?
? ?sting system. The files requested must be indicated in ?
? ?the message subject. A NetMail message having this at- ?
? ?tribute set, must always be sent directly and never ?
? ?routed. ?
???????????????????????????????????
? HLD ?This means "Hold". If a NetMail message has this attri-?
? ?bute set, then the mailer doesn't route or send it un-?
? ?less the addressee system calls yours. In case of net-?
? ?mail message addressed to a point system, it will be ?
? ?delivered through its boss but only if the boss calls ?
? ?your system (this doesn't apply if the message also ?
? ?has the DIR status (seen before). ?
? IMM ?When a NetMail message has the "IMM" (Immediate) attri-?
? (*) ?bute set, then it will be sent immediately, ignoring ?
? ?any mailer restriction and/or qualification. So it ?
? ?will force the mailer to call the destination system ?
? ?to give it your mail. ?

Kerr Avon [Blake's 7] 'I'm not expendable, I'm not stupid and I'm not going'
avon[at]bbs.nz | bbs.nz | fsxnet.nz