From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: Consumer friendly trend - replaceable battery & the longest hardware & software & warranty support in the industry
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 10:23:07 -0400
References: <ucnkqm$2r83k$1@paganini.bofh.team> <e52IM.207810$nEzb.38585@fx36.iad> <42d2b9dc5a.DaveMeUK@BeagleBoard-xM> <687IM.862436$TPw2.435932@fx17.iad> <Qtj*Frhpz@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk> <ucsur7$d1l$1@paganini.bofh.team> <Qtj*9tjpz@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk> <uctna6$1l7r$1@paganini.bofh.team> <klgtvcF9mq2U1@mid.individual.net> <ucvlo8$q9cq$1@paganini.bofh.team> <klhg2kFbtt1U1@mid.individual.net> <ud0n3o$10hlm$1@paganini.bofh.team> <kli87aFetbdU1@mid.individual.net> <ud0s02$10olh$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ud1btl$qdug$2@dont-email.me> <kljflmFm521U1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Wally J - Sun, 3 Sep 2023 14:23 UTC

"Carlos E. R." <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote

> We can say that I only consider as update doing them in the official
> way. If the official way changes, then I'll change.
>
> In any case, my old tablets/phones do not have version 10, so this new
> method doesn't apply to them. And my two active phones are getting
> official updates.

Hi Carlos,

What you need to understand is the English language, where you considering
every word to mean only what you comprehend is not the way language works.

Android updates itself in multiple layers - each of which is an update.

Assuming a hundred ways that Android updates itself, for you to only
consider one of those as an "update" is your choice - but it's incorrect.

However, in your defense, a lot of people are completely ignorant of the
adult complexities involved when any operating system they own is updated.

For example, iOS updates using RSRs, upgrades and updates - where the
ignorant iKooks are just like you are - in that it's too complex for them.
iOS UPDATE monoslab vs UPGRADE monoslab vs RAPID SECURITY RESPONSE patch:
<https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment/about-software-updates-depc4c80847a/>

For years, the ignorant uneducated low-IQ iKooks such as Alan Browne, Jolly
Roger and nospam have been saying Apple fully patches more than one release
and yet - the fact is even Apple says *only one release is fully patched!"
iOS UPGRADES: <https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201222>

It was only in iOS 16 Apple started to copy the model every other OS uses.
iOS RSR patches: <https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201224>

Even today, those ignorant uneducated low-IQ iKooks _still_ believe that
Apple fully patches more than one release, as they're just like you are.
<https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/10/apple-clarifies-security-update-policy-only-the-latest-oses-are-fully-patched/>
<https://hothardware.com/news/apple-admits-only-fully-patches-security-flaws-in-latest-os-releases>
<https://screenrant.com/apple-product-security-update-lifespan/>

Like you, the uneducated low-IQ ignorant iKooks never read anything.
Here, for example, are c.m.a reference threads you didn't read.

*Android endlessly updates directly from Google Play Services (bypassing carriers & OEMs)*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/1lSF1ZPdpZs/m/n-wa61EFAgAJ>

*How long does GOOGLE say they'll update the two dozen core modules in project mainline?*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/_ZUiLVtLbsg/m/1nYOV4omAQAJ>

*Starting with Android 10, 11 or 12, what part of Android is NOT updated forever?*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/Tp_BYlwPFX8/m/L4no3D0HAgAJ>

*Help me understand Google's Project Treble & Project Mainline please*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/e3VoHKwm-dY/m/y4ShKfnMAAAJ>

*Google Play update all apps*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/48Qs2nHV5Io/m/5yaEX73SBAAJ>

*In the time the IOS monolith updates once - Android updates a thousand times*
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/tyM38E9o9vE>
--
People who never read anything will always be wrong about everything they think.

Re: Consumer friendly trend - replaceable battery & the longest hardware & software & warranty support in the industry

<kljn8jFn18gU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2530&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2530

From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: Consumer friendly trend - replaceable battery & the longest
hardware & software & warranty support in the industry
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 11:32:35 -0400
 by: Carlos E. R. - Sun, 3 Sep 2023 15:32 UTC

On 2023-09-03 10:23, Wally J wrote:
> "Carlos E. R." <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote
>
>> We can say that I only consider as update doing them in the official
>> way. If the official way changes, then I'll change.
>>
>> In any case, my old tablets/phones do not have version 10, so this new
>> method doesn't apply to them. And my two active phones are getting
>> official updates.
>
> Hi Carlos,
>
> What you need to understand is the English language, where you considering
> every word to mean only what you comprehend is not the way language works.
>
> Android updates itself in multiple layers - each of which is an update.
>
> Assuming a hundred ways that Android updates itself, for you to only
> consider one of those as an "update" is your choice - but it's incorrect.
>
> However, in your defense, a lot of people are completely ignorant of the
> adult complexities involved when any operating system they own is updated.

Not continuing reading, from the point you consider people not adult or
ignorant. That's insulting. Learn politeness if you want to talk to me.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Re: Consumer friendly trend - replaceable battery & the longest hardware & software & warranty support in the industry

<xK1JM.783893$SuUf.244999@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2531&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2531

hardware & software & warranty support in the industry
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
<kljflmFm521U1@mid.individual.net> <ud24q6$12752$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<kljn8jFn18gU1@mid.individual.net>
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 11:37:00 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Sun, 3 Sep 2023 15:37 UTC

On 2023-09-03 11:32, Carlos E. R. wrote:

> Not continuing reading, from the point you consider people not adult or
> ignorant.

Pretty much par for it.

--
“If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything."
-Ronald Coase

Re: Consumer friendly trend - replaceable battery & the longest hardware & software & warranty support in the industry

<ud2afp$12drh$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2532&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2532

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 11:59:58 -0400
References: <ucnkqm$2r83k$1@paganini.bofh.team> <e52IM.207810$nEzb.38585@fx36.iad> <42d2b9dc5a.DaveMeUK@BeagleBoard-xM> <687IM.862436$TPw2.435932@fx17.iad> <Qtj*Frhpz@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk> <ucsur7$d1l$1@paganini.bofh.team> <Qtj*9tjpz@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk> <uctna6$1l7r$1@paganini.bofh.team> <klgtvcF9mq2U1@mid.individual.net> <ucvlo8$q9cq$1@paganini.bofh.team> <klhg2kFbtt1U1@mid.individual.net> <ud0n3o$10hlm$1@paganini.bofh.team> <kli87aFetbdU1@mid.individual.net> <ud0s02$10olh$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ud1btl$qdug$2@dont-email.me> <kljflmFm521U1@mid.individual.net> <ud24q6$12752$1@paganini.bofh.team> <kljn8jFn18gU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Wally J - Sun, 3 Sep 2023 15:59 UTC

"Carlos E. R." <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote

> Not continuing reading, from the point you consider people not adult or
> ignorant. That's insulting. Learn politeness if you want to talk to me.

Hi Carlos,

I tell the truth.
If you don't like the truth about yourself - whose fault is that?

For you to consider only one type of update as all updates is like you
considering only Europeans to be humans - it's just an ignorant view.

It's clear you have absolutely no comprehension of how Android updates.
The only question is whether you can learn give we've discussed this.

*Android endlessly updates directly from Google Play Services (bypassing carriers & OEMs)*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/1lSF1ZPdpZs/m/n-wa61EFAgAJ>

*How long does GOOGLE say they'll update the two dozen core modules in project mainline?*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/_ZUiLVtLbsg/m/1nYOV4omAQAJ>

*Starting with Android 10, 11 or 12, what part of Android is NOT updated forever?*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/Tp_BYlwPFX8/m/L4no3D0HAgAJ>

*Help me understand Google's Project Treble & Project Mainline please*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/e3VoHKwm-dY/m/y4ShKfnMAAAJ>

*Google Play update all apps*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/48Qs2nHV5Io/m/5yaEX73SBAAJ>

Note that most of the ignorant low-IQ uneducated iKooks think the way you do.
*In the time the IOS monolith updates once - Android updates a thousand times*
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/tyM38E9o9vE>

These uneducated iKooks, such as Alan Browne, Jolly Roger and nospam have no
adult comprehension of how iOS updates let alone the complexities of Android.
<https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/10/apple-clarifies-security-update-policy-only-the-latest-oses-are-fully-patched/>
<https://hothardware.com/news/apple-admits-only-fully-patches-security-flaws-in-latest-os-releases>
<https://screenrant.com/apple-product-security-update-lifespan/>

Ignorant people can't learn.
That's _why_ they're ignorant.

Re: Consumer friendly trend - replaceable battery & the longest hardware & software & warranty support in the industry

<ud56a6$1ihg1$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2541&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2541

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
hardware & software & warranty support in the industry
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 14:05:57 -0400
<e52IM.207810$nEzb.38585@fx36.iad> <42d2b9dc5a.DaveMeUK@BeagleBoard-xM>
<687IM.862436$TPw2.435932@fx17.iad> <Qtj*Frhpz@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk>
<ucsur7$d1l$1@paganini.bofh.team> <Qtj*9tjpz@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk>
<uctna6$1l7r$1@paganini.bofh.team> <klgtvcF9mq2U1@mid.individual.net>
<ucvlo8$q9cq$1@paganini.bofh.team> <klhg2kFbtt1U1@mid.individual.net>
<ud0n3o$10hlm$1@paganini.bofh.team> <kli87aFetbdU1@mid.individual.net>
<ud0s02$10olh$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ud1btl$qdug$2@dont-email.me>
<kljflmFm521U1@mid.individual.net> <ud24q6$12752$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<kljn8jFn18gU1@mid.individual.net> <ud2afp$12drh$1@paganini.bofh.team>
 by: Alan - Mon, 4 Sep 2023 18:05 UTC

On 2023-09-03 11:59, Wally J wrote:
> "Carlos E. R." <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote
>
>> Not continuing reading, from the point you consider people not adult or
>> ignorant. That's insulting. Learn politeness if you want to talk to me.
>
> Hi Carlos,
>
> I tell the truth.
> If you don't like the truth about yourself - whose fault is that?

Arlen, you're just a dick.

If you don't like that truth, whose fault is that?