From: pj@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Subject: Sudden MSof- Office messages.
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 14:43:05 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Wed, 30 Aug 2023 04:43 UTC

https://postimg.cc/F7xws8mC
Just this morning I get this on all Office apps.
I'm paid up and all has been working for about 6 months.
Will this all go away all by itself?

Re: Sudden MSof- Office messages.

<ucmliq$2kour$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2660&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#2660

From: winstonmvp@gmail.com (...winston)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Subject: Re: Sudden MSof- Office messages.
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 01:54:33 -0400
 by: ...winston - Wed, 30 Aug 2023 05:54 UTC

Peter Jason wrote:
> https://postimg.cc/F7xws8mC
> Just this morning I get this on all Office apps.
> I'm paid up and all has been working for about 6 months.
> Will this all go away all by itself?

Insufficient info provided.

Same MSA logged on to Windows that purchased/activated office(M365
subscription or stand-alone)that is logged on in the Office program opened.?

Or

Logged on to Windows with a Local Account and Office program opened
without logging on in the Office program with the same MSA that
purchased/activated Office?

Note: If your internet connection fails and Office built in validation
checks for licensing/activation...a message similar or same to the one
your received is possible.

i.e. provide more details especially since in addition to the above two
possibilities, quite a few other reasons may be in play.

--
....w¡ñ§±¤ñ

Re: Sudden MSof- Office messages.

<ucn5g6$2mtvv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2661&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#2661

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 06:26:14 -0400
 by: Paul - Wed, 30 Aug 2023 10:26 UTC

On 8/30/2023 12:43 AM, Peter Jason wrote:
> https://postimg.cc/F7xws8mC
> Just this morning I get this on all Office apps.
> I'm paid up and all has been working for about 6 months.
> Will this all go away all by itself?

You need good book keeping and records, to keep all these
acquisitions straight.

One detail you should leave for Winston, is you earlier
reported having two copies of Office, or potentially two
products at least, which were duplicates. You were in the
process of rectifying this at some point.

*******

Sure, they have troubleshooters and such, but if there is
any sort of problem created for you at cloud level, you'd
have a pretty difficult time resolving that, without
Tech Support help from the Microsoft Store. Presumably you
can log into the account, to get some information about
what is going on.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/account-isnt-associated-with-this-office-product

Paul

Re: Sudden MSof- Office messages.

<ucntq4$2ql5q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2662&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#2662

From: winstonmvp@gmail.com (...winston)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 13:21:06 -0400
 by: ...winston - Wed, 30 Aug 2023 17:21 UTC

Paul wrote:
> On 8/30/2023 12:43 AM, Peter Jason wrote:
>> https://postimg.cc/F7xws8mC
>> Just this morning I get this on all Office apps.
>> I'm paid up and all has been working for about 6 months.
>> Will this all go away all by itself?
>>

> You need good book keeping and records, to keep all these
> acquisitions straight.
>
> One detail you should leave for Winston, is you earlier
> reported having two copies of Office, or potentially two
> products at least, which were duplicates. You were in the
> process of rectifying this at some point.
>
> *******
>
> Sure, they have troubleshooters and such, but if there is
> any sort of problem created for you at cloud level, you'd
> have a pretty difficult time resolving that, without
> Tech Support help from the Microsoft Store. Presumably you
> can log into the account, to get some information about
> what is going on.
>
> https://www.thewindowsclub.com/account-isnt-associated-with-this-office-product
>
> Paul

Likewise, in troubleshooting the *exact* Office product should provided.
M365 Personal or Family; M365 stand-alone(fka Office Stand-alone)
Home-Student, Home-Business); Pro or ProPlus(typically volume license
provided via an organization or 3rd party MSFT approved reseller holding
unused product key installs); Business subscrption products(Basic,
Business, Premium, Apps for Business)
- reasonably important when comparing the subscriptions available in
the respective Microsoft Account(account.microsoft.com/services) vs.
what is being signed on(or not) in the Office program in Windows.

--
....w¡ñ§±¤ñ

Re: Sudden MSof- Office messages.

<2miveip3hoj81uhtps4piqprq44l3ovrlk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2663&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#2663

From: pj@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 09:19:49 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Wed, 30 Aug 2023 23:19 UTC

On Wed, 30 Aug 2023 06:26:14 -0400, Paul <nospam@needed.invalid>
wrote:

>On 8/30/2023 12:43 AM, Peter Jason wrote:
>> https://postimg.cc/F7xws8mC
>> Just this morning I get this on all Office apps.
>> I'm paid up and all has been working for about 6 months.
>> Will this all go away all by itself?
>>

>You need good book keeping and records, to keep all these
>acquisitions straight.
>
>One detail you should leave for Winston, is you earlier
>reported having two copies of Office, or potentially two
>products at least, which were duplicates. You were in the
>process of rectifying this at some point.
>
>*******
>
>Sure, they have troubleshooters and such, but if there is
>any sort of problem created for you at cloud level, you'd
>have a pretty difficult time resolving that, without
>Tech Support help from the Microsoft Store. Presumably you
>can log into the account, to get some information about
>what is going on.
>
>https://www.thewindowsclub.com/account-isnt-associated-with-this-office-product
>
> Paul

Thanks, I did an online repair and this resulted in a new 365 suite,
with a new Outlook with a requirement for more registrations that I
may have somewhere.

I am increasingly nervous about having all by business eggs in the
one Microsoft basket.

In the good old days someone would come out and fix things.

Does MSoft publish a flowchart like...
https://postimg.cc/cKS3NTcc
this...?

Re: Sudden MSof- Office messages.

<ucro46$3l34k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2668&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#2668

From: winstonmvp@gmail.com (...winston)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 00:08:37 -0400
 by: ...winston - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 04:08 UTC

Peter Jason wrote:

> Thanks, I did an online repair and this resulted in a new 365 suite,
> with a new Outlook with a requirement for more registrations that I
> may have somewhere.

Not sure what more registrations means.
Each registration is for a single subscription(suite or separate
program) or single stand-alone(suite or separate program)
Stand-alones are single user, subscriptions can be for single or
multiple users.
All are tied to the single MSA purchasing and activating the product.

> I am increasingly nervous about having all by business eggs in the
> one Microsoft basket.
>
> In the good old days someone would come out and fix things.
>
> Does MSoft publish a flowchart like...
> https://postimg.cc/cKS3NTcc
> this...?

? Create a flow chart(for what)

Visio is the Microsoft product capable of creating flow charts.

--
....w¡ñ§±¤ñ

Re: Sudden MSof- Office messages.

<orq2fi951grrdgsuqvi5gqlil3028st7o9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2669&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#2669

From: pj@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 14:42:29 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 04:42 UTC

On Fri, 1 Sep 2023 00:08:37 -0400, "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Peter Jason wrote:
>
>> Thanks, I did an online repair and this resulted in a new 365 suite,
>> with a new Outlook with a requirement for more registrations that I
>> may have somewhere.
>
>Not sure what more registrations means.
> Each registration is for a single subscription(suite or separate
>program) or single stand-alone(suite or separate program)
>Stand-alones are single user, subscriptions can be for single or
>multiple users.
>All are tied to the single MSA purchasing and activating the product.
>>
>> I am increasingly nervous about having all by business eggs in the
>> one Microsoft basket.
>>
>> In the good old days someone would come out and fix things.
>>
>> Does MSoft publish a flowchart like...
>> https://postimg.cc/cKS3NTcc
>> this...?
>>

>? Create a flow chart(for what)
>
>Visio is the Microsoft product capable of creating flow charts.

I mean a flow chart by Microsoft to guide the novitiate through the
MSoft365 maze.

Re: Sudden MSof- Office messages.

<ucs2t1$3meap$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2670&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#2670

From: winstonmvp@gmail.com (...winston)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 03:12:32 -0400
 by: ...winston - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 07:12 UTC

Peter Jason wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Sep 2023 00:08:37 -0400, "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Peter Jason wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks, I did an online repair and this resulted in a new 365 suite,
>>> with a new Outlook with a requirement for more registrations that I
>>> may have somewhere.
>>
>> Not sure what more registrations means.
>> Each registration is for a single subscription(suite or separate
>> program) or single stand-alone(suite or separate program)
>> Stand-alones are single user, subscriptions can be for single or
>> multiple users.
>> All are tied to the single MSA purchasing and activating the product.
>>>
>>> I am increasingly nervous about having all by business eggs in the
>>> one Microsoft basket.
>>>
>>> In the good old days someone would come out and fix things.
>>>
>>> Does MSoft publish a flowchart like...
>>> https://postimg.cc/cKS3NTcc
>>> this...?
>>>

>> ? Create a flow chart(for what)
>>
>> Visio is the Microsoft product capable of creating flow charts.
>
> I mean a flow chart by Microsoft to guide the novitiate through the
> MSoft365 maze.

Afaik, the only way to look at it is from your side
Are you a...?
a. Consumer
b. Small Business
c. Enterprise
d. Edu or Govt(including non-profit)

If, like most in this grou, (a) applies
a. M365 options
Home and Student (stand-alone, one user, one price)
Home and Business (stand-alone, one user, one price)
Personal (subscription, one user, annual price renewable)
Family (subscription, 1-6 users, annual price renewable)

If b, c, or d
- almost always dealing with multiple users

The info you provided so far(multiple registrations) but not identifying
which actual products you use or purchased may be in the b, c or d
category....which is why detailed information on what you
use/purchased/should purchase/should have purchased is necessary.

--