From: nospam@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: iphone sales fall short
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2023 17:25:24 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 4 Feb 2023 17:25 UTC

Alan Browne wrote:

> So I suspect (as has been the trend over the last few years) that people
> are keeping their phones longer and longer with each passing year.

Which is why I believe is the main reason Apple puts those el cheapo
terribly substandard laughably anemic batteries in all new iPhones.

All batteries of similar chemistry age similarly such that the smaller the
battery capacity, the _sooner_ it will age below threshold.

Likewise, I believe a key component of Apple's strategy (and, let's be
clear, that of Samsung and Google who salivate over Apple profit margins),
is to make the battery as difficult as they can make it, to replace.

If you own the intelligence to comprehend what I'm suggesting, then you'll
realize that what "kills" a modern phone nowadays... is the battery.

Apple isn't stupid. They know this. As does Google & Samsung.

The main difference is that Google & Samsung do NOT as a rule put those
horrible el cheapo laughably anemic batteries in their flagship phones.

Only Apple does that.
--
This is posted because I have two goals on this newsgroup, one of which is
to learn and disseminate useful information; information which most people