From: dave@triffid.co.uk (Dave)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Subject: NetFetch 5.55 released
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 15:28:12 +0100
 by: Dave - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 14:28 UTC

In article <ap.facb365b56.a701a0a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk>,
Andrew Rawnsley <rcomp@rcomp.co.uk> wrote:

> R-Comp is pleased to announce the release of NetFetch v5.55 in time for
> the Wakefield show this weekend. This is a free update to anyone
> running NetFetch 5.5x already. It is available now on !Store.

> v5.55 is designed to support the latest OS versions and includes updates
> to Hermes, Newshound and FTPc, as well as NetFetch itself. It updates
> SSL/TLS support to latest standards and news fetching over SSL is also
> now supported. There is also improved compatibility with beta builds
> of NetSurf.

> Users are encouraged to update to the latest version, available now on
> !Store. If you're still using older versions of NetFetch, we'd urge you
> to update to 5.55 - discounted updates are available from older versions -
> please ask if you don't see a cheap update listed, or tell us your
> existing version when ordering.

> Thanks and best wishes,

> Andrew

Thank you Andrew, the continued support for NetFetch is appreciated. :-)

Having done the update from 5.23 to 5.55 which went okay, I have a
question.

Second paragraph of your update announcement mentions Hermes, and yet the
Hermes supplied in the update is the same as the Hermes I had in NF 5.23.

Hermes 5.52 (30 April 20)

Has Hermes been updated at all this time?

Thanks
Dave

--

Dave Triffid

Re: NetFetch 5.55 released

<1c9f31575b.chris@mytardis>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=2768&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#2768

From: news13@noonehere.co.uk (Chris Hughes)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Subject: Re: NetFetch 5.55 released
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 16:48:57 +0100
 by: Chris Hughes - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 15:48 UTC

In message <5b572a3a88dave@triffid.co.uk>
Dave <dave@triffid.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <ap.facb365b56.a701a0a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk>,
> Andrew Rawnsley <rcomp@rcomp.co.uk> wrote:

>> R-Comp is pleased to announce the release of NetFetch v5.55 in time for
>> the Wakefield show this weekend. This is a free update to anyone
>> running NetFetch 5.5x already. It is available now on !Store.

>> v5.55 is designed to support the latest OS versions and includes updates
>> to Hermes, Newshound and FTPc, as well as NetFetch itself. It updates
>> SSL/TLS support to latest standards and news fetching over SSL is also
>> now supported. There is also improved compatibility with beta builds
>> of NetSurf.

>> Users are encouraged to update to the latest version, available now on
>> !Store. If you're still using older versions of NetFetch, we'd urge you
>> to update to 5.55 - discounted updates are available from older versions -
>> please ask if you don't see a cheap update listed, or tell us your
>> existing version when ordering.

>> Thanks and best wishes,

>> Andrew

> Thank you Andrew, the continued support for NetFetch is appreciated. :-)

> Having done the update from 5.23 to 5.55 which went okay, I have a
> question.

I assume you meant 5.53 to 5.55 ?

> Second paragraph of your update announcement mentions Hermes, and yet the
> Hermes supplied in the update is the same as the Hermes I had in NF 5.23.

> Hermes 5.52 (30 April 20)

> Has Hermes been updated at all this time?

According to the log yes.

Have queried direct with Andrew, as not sure he read these groups.

--
Chris Hughes

Re: NetFetch 5.55 released

<c46537575b.chris@mytardis>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=2769&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#2769

From: news13@noonehere.co.uk (Chris Hughes)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 17:52:02 +0100
Posted-And-Mailed: yes
 by: Chris Hughes - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 16:52 UTC

[Posted and mailed]

In message <1c9f31575b.chris@mytardis>
Chris Hughes <news13@noonehere.co.uk> wrote:

> In message <5b572a3a88dave@triffid.co.uk>
> Dave <dave@triffid.co.uk> wrote:

>> In article <ap.facb365b56.a701a0a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk>,
>> Andrew Rawnsley <rcomp@rcomp.co.uk> wrote:

>>> R-Comp is pleased to announce the release of NetFetch v5.55 in time for
>>> the Wakefield show this weekend. This is a free update to anyone
>>> running NetFetch 5.5x already. It is available now on !Store.

>>> v5.55 is designed to support the latest OS versions and includes updates
>>> to Hermes, Newshound and FTPc, as well as NetFetch itself. It updates
>>> SSL/TLS support to latest standards and news fetching over SSL is also
>>> now supported. There is also improved compatibility with beta builds
>>> of NetSurf.

>>> Users are encouraged to update to the latest version, available now on
>>> !Store. If you're still using older versions of NetFetch, we'd urge you
>>> to update to 5.55 - discounted updates are available from older versions -
>>> please ask if you don't see a cheap update listed, or tell us your
>>> existing version when ordering.

>>> Thanks and best wishes,

>>> Andrew

>> Thank you Andrew, the continued support for NetFetch is appreciated. :-)

>> Having done the update from 5.23 to 5.55 which went okay, I have a
>> question.

> I assume you meant 5.53 to 5.55 ?

>> Second paragraph of your update announcement mentions Hermes, and yet the
>> Hermes supplied in the update is the same as the Hermes I had in NF 5.23.

>> Hermes 5.52 (30 April 20)

>> Has Hermes been updated at all this time?

> According to the log yes.

> Have queried direct with Andrew, as not sure he read these groups.

Quick update: Andrew has put a 5.55a NetFetch update now that hopefully
fixes the Hermes update, (Hermes !RunImage should be dated April 2024)

I have just re-updated and my copy of Hermes now says it is v5.56.01

--
Chris Hughes

NetFetch 5.55 released

<5b5746806ddave@triffid.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=2770&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#2770

From: dave@triffid.co.uk (Dave)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 20:37:01 +0100
 by: Dave - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 19:37 UTC

In article <c46537575b.chris@mytardis>,
Chris Hughes <news13@noonehere.co.uk> wrote:
> [Posted and mailed]

[Snip]

> Quick update: Andrew has put a 5.55a NetFetch update now that hopefully
> fixes the Hermes update, (Hermes !RunImage should be dated April 2024)

> I have just re-updated and my copy of Hermes now says it is v5.56.01

Whoops! naughty fingers...
Yes indeed I did mean 5.53 to 5.55.

I've now downloaded 5.55a, installed it and as you note we are updated ok.

Thanks Chris. :-)

Dave

--

Dave Triffid

Re: NetFetch 5.55 released

<023954585b.news@user.minijem.plus.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=2771&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#2771

Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
From: ricp@minijem.plus.com (Richard Porter)
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 21:43:05 +0100
 by: Richard Porter - Sat, 27 Apr 2024 20:43 UTC

The date being 25 Apr 2024, Chris Hughes <news13@noonehere.co.uk> decided
to write:

[snip]

>>> Thank you Andrew, the continued support for NetFetch is appreciated. :-)

>>> Having done the update from 5.23 to 5.55 which went okay, I have a
>>> question.

>> I assume you meant 5.53 to 5.55 ?

>>> Second paragraph of your update announcement mentions Hermes, and yet the
>>> Hermes supplied in the update is the same as the Hermes I had in NF 5.23.

>>> Hermes 5.52 (30 April 20)

>>> Has Hermes been updated at all this time?

>> According to the log yes.

>> Have queried direct with Andrew, as not sure he read these groups.

> Quick update: Andrew has put a 5.55a NetFetch update now that hopefully
> fixes the Hermes update, (Hermes !RunImage should be dated April 2024)

> I have just re-updated and my copy of Hermes now says it is v5.56.01

I'm completely stumped. I can't find Hermes 5.53. I've tried the upgrade
options but to no avail. The Hermes module is 5.52 and I can't find a
System update. The upgrade says I must have 5.55 which I have got. If I
run Hermes from the Apps directory it's still 5.52.

Richard

Re: NetFetch 5.55 released

<953d59585b.news@user.minijem.plus.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=2772&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#2772

Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
From: ricp@minijem.plus.com (Richard Porter)
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 22:37:54 +0100
 by: Richard Porter - Sat, 27 Apr 2024 21:37 UTC

The date being 27 Apr 2024, Richard Porter <ricp@minijem.plus.com> decided

to write:

> I'm completely stumped. I can't find Hermes 5.53. I've tried the upgrade
> options but to no avail. The Hermes module is 5.52 and I can't find a
> System update. The upgrade says I must have 5.55 which I have got. If I
> run Hermes from the Apps directory it's still 5.52.

As usual I hit "Send" and then thought I'd try just on more thing.
I found where the module was being loaded from, deleted the old version of
the module and copied in the new one. So I've now got 5.56.01. For some
reason, possibly the date stamps, the new version didn't copy across.

Richard