MOUNT TAPE U1439 ON B3, NO RING

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-11 / To get the Copilot button out of your way

SubjectAuthor
* To get the Copilot button out of your wayJoel
+* Re: To get the Copilot button out of your wayAndy Burns
|`* Re: To get the Copilot button out of your wayJoel
| `* Re: To get the Copilot button out of your wayAndy Burns
|  `- Re: To get the Copilot button out of your wayJoel
+- Re: To get the Copilot button out of your wayVanguardLH
`- Re: To get the Copilot button out of your wayPaul in Houston TX

1
To get the Copilot button out of your way

<9je7hi1eeloj1is426ld08t8um4q263s9f@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2899&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#2899

From: joelcrump@gmail.com (Joel)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Subject: To get the Copilot button out of your way
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 01:16:30 -0400
 by: Joel - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 05:16 UTC

https://i.imgur.com/21ipLKL.png

It came from installing this month's new preview update.

--
Joel Crump

Re: To get the Copilot button out of your way

<knj3thF1p2uU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2901&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#2901

From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Subject: Re: To get the Copilot button out of your way
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 17:34:58 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 16:34 UTC

Joel wrote:

> https://i.imgur.com/21ipLKL.png
>
> It came from installing this month's new preview update.

Maybe this copilot is more intelligent than I thought?

It seems to have realised I would turn it off so it didn't bother
installing in the first place!

Win11 22H2 22621.2361

Re: To get the Copilot button out of your way

<3n49hid8elkabcufr15l5ca87if4toqm0l@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2905&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#2905

From: joelcrump@gmail.com (Joel)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 16:43:57 -0400
 by: Joel - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 20:43 UTC

Andy Burns <usenet@andyburns.uk> wrote:

>> https://i.imgur.com/21ipLKL.png
>>
>> It came from installing this month's new preview update.
>
>Maybe this copilot is more intelligent than I thought?
>
>It seems to have realised I would turn it off so it didn't bother
>installing in the first place!
>
>Win11 22H2 22621.2361

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2023/09/22/rolling-out-new-features-for-windows-11-22h2-to-the-release-preview-channel/

If you have the toggle to get the latest updates as they are available
turned ON via Settings > Windows Update BEFORE installing Build
22621.2361, you will also get Windows Configuration Update (KB5030509)
installed at the same time you install Build 22621.2361 in a single
reboot. Note only the update for Build 22621.2361 will show during
install on the Windows Update settings page. But after reboot, the
Windows Configuration Update will be shown in your Update History.
This Windows Configuration Update is how we’re enabling new features
via Controlled Feature Rollout (CFR) technology.

Should you install Build 22621.2361 without turning on the toggle to
get the latest updates as they are available before, you can simply
turn it on, and Windows Configuration Update (KB5030509) will be
downloaded on your PC where you will be asked to reboot. Should you
install build 22621.2361 and keep the toggle off, the new features
will be gradually rolled out to your device over time.
<<<

I had the option toggled on, that's the most authoritative info I've
seen on this. Might look at that in Windows Update, if you're
interested in enabling some of the new features.

--
Joel Crump

Re: To get the Copilot button out of your way

<1b0mgjv5knrtr.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2906&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#2906

From: V@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 15:44:38 -0500
Sender: V@nguard.LH
 by: VanguardLH - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 20:44 UTC

Joel <joelcrump@gmail.com> wrote:

> https://i.imgur.com/21ipLKL.png
>
> It came from installing this month's new preview update.

What does Copilot remind me of when Microsoft used to tout Cortana, but
then users starting turning off Cortana, and Microsoft dropped it. Oh
yeah, Copilot, yet another experiment by Microsoft. So, Win11 users get
a sidebar to replace the highly customizable Taskbar toolbars that
Microsoft took away. Oooh, more RGB control on devices for users
enamored with glitz over function. Oh lookie, my system case shows
colors in sync with music, my mouse pulses, the keyboard changes
background color based on my mood. Yep, I'm a basic guy. Background
images and image slides for the desktop background, to me, are stupid.
Just a waste of code to add glitz. Guess they need to keep their devs
busy doing something since they are no longer OS programmers.

Re: To get the Copilot button out of your way

<uf2j5u$3c1oh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2908&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#2908

From: Paul@Houston.Texas (Paul in Houston TX)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 19:59:29 -0500
 by: Paul in Houston TX - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 00:59 UTC

Joel wrote:
> https://i.imgur.com/21ipLKL.png
>
> It came from installing this month's new preview update.

I use both outlook and outlook webmail for work.
The Copilot button is on all my incoming emails from outside sources.
Our IT group said to ignore it and eventually MS will give up and the
button will go away.
It does not show up on our o/s' since they are Enterprise.

Re: To get the Copilot button out of your way

<knklvpF9fbuU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2910&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#2910

From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 07:49:29 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 06:49 UTC

Joel wrote:

> Andy Burns wrote:
>
>> Maybe this copilot is more intelligent than I thought?
>> It seems to have realised I would turn it off so it didn't bother
>> installing in the first place!
>> Win11 22H2 22621.2361
>
> https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2023/09/22/rolling-out-new-features-for-windows-11-22h2-to-the-release-preview-channel/

On this PC (Win11 Home) I do have "Get updates ASAP" turned on, but I
never enable Insider ... Maybe it will arrive with 23H2 ?

Re: To get the Copilot button out of your way

<gekbhi997k2qgnegqsj7ikpjoovjmlf96b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2913&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#2913

From: joelcrump@gmail.com (Joel)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 15:20:22 -0400
 by: Joel - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 19:20 UTC

Andy Burns <usenet@andyburns.uk> wrote:

>>> Maybe this copilot is more intelligent than I thought?
>>> It seems to have realised I would turn it off so it didn't bother
>>> installing in the first place!
>>> Win11 22H2 22621.2361
>>
>> https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2023/09/22/rolling-out-new-features-for-windows-11-22h2-to-the-release-preview-channel/
>
>On this PC (Win11 Home) I do have "Get updates ASAP" turned on, but I
>never enable Insider ... Maybe it will arrive with 23H2 ?

I don't have Insider, either, not sure what the deal is with your
device not having Copilot.

--
Joel Crump