"We don't care. We don't have to. We're the Phone Company."

computers / comp.mobile.ipad / Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the way

SubjectAuthor
* Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the wayWally J
`* Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the wayJolly Roger
 `* Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the wayWally J
  +* Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the wayJolly Roger
  |`* Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the wayWally J
  | `* Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the wayJolly Roger
  |  `* Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the wayWally J
  |   `- Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the wayAlan
  `* Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the way*Hemidactylus*
   `- Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the wayWally J

1
Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the way

<uf9ut8$3fmf7$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2900&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2900

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the way
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 16:02:49 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 20:02 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

>> The vague description of the problem will lead to a vague description
>> of the solution.
>
> All that matters to people who aren't trolls is that they have located
> the problem and are working on a fix.

It's no longer shocking you missed the point of your own thread, JR.
You, yourself - said that Apple blamed something like a dozen things.
Right?

They blamed Instagram, for example, right?

Allow me to ask you a simple _adult_ question of your own words, JR...
*Did Instagram exist before the iPhone 15 released?* Jolly Roger?

>> iOS 17 has been installed on my work iPhone 11 and I haven�t noticed
>> any problems
>
> Many others echo this. The bug does not effect most people.

First off, you're calling it "the bug" because Apple clearly tried to hide
the fact that Apple simply forgot to test the iPhone 15 before selling it.

There will _always_ be "the bug" in any iOS 17 release, which badgolferman
alluded to given Apple's sweeping response was that it was _many_ bugs.

Right?
Do you even comprehend your own threads, Jolly Roger?

Seriously.
What Apple did, which badgolferman understood, was blame almost everything.

What's really the issue here - and which always was the issue with Apple is
*Apple did not sufficiently test the iPhone 15 before selling it*

That's what this thread is about.

Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the way

<knreqdFc565U10@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2906&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2906

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: 30 Sep 2023 20:30:05 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 20:30 UTC

On 2023-09-30, Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>>> The vague description of the problem will lead to a vague description
>>> of the solution.
>>
>> All that matters to people who aren't trolls is that they have located
>> the problem and are working on a fix.
>
> You, yourself - said that Apple blamed something like a dozen things.
> Right?

I never said Apple blamed anyone.

You said that, though.

What actually happened is Apple investigated the issue and found that
the culprit was a bug in iOS (contrary to your troll gang's claim that
it's supposedly a hardware defect) combined with bugs in some popular
third-party apps. Apple also explained that it is normal for iPhones to
get warmer after operating system updates, which is true.

> They blamed Instagram, for example, right?

Wrong. They identified a bug in Instagram that caused excessive resource
usage and in turn generated excessive heat.

> Allow me to ask you a simple _adult_ question of your own words, JR...
> *Did Instagram exist before the iPhone 15 released?* Jolly Roger?

Allow me to ask you some follow-up questions in response:

*Has Instagram been updated before and after iOS 17 was released?* Arlen?
*Do you understand that bugs can be introduced during updates?* Arlen?
*Do you know that Instagram has had previous bugs that caused excessive
resource usage in the past?* Arlen?

>>> iOS 17 has been installed on my work iPhone 11 and I haven¢t noticed
>>> any problems
>>
>> Many others echo this. The bug does not effect most people.
>
> First off, you're calling it "the bug"

It is a bug.

You are one of several idiot trolls here who wrongly claimed it was a
hardware defect That's on record. No way to change it now. You're just
making yourself look like the sad, little, squirming man-child you are.

JR

Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the way

<ufa7n0$3g4el$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2912&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2912

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 18:32:56 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 22:32 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

> I never said Apple blamed anyone.

Ah, but you did.
For example, you said that Apple blamed "Instagram" (among many others).

HINT: Apple is (rather slyly) almost certainly (cleverly) trying to hide
the real cause (which badgolferman understood) behind a long smokescreen.

> You said that, though.

No. You said it.
For example, you said that Apple blamed "indexing"(among many others).

> What actually happened is Apple investigated the issue and found that
> the culprit was a bug in iOS (contrary to your troll gang's claim that
> it's supposedly a hardware defect) combined with bugs in some popular
> third-party apps. Apple also explained that it is normal for iPhones to
> get warmer after operating system updates, which is true.

It's no longer shocking that you don't understand your own threads, JR.
You posted that Apple blamed pretty much everything that can be blamed.

BTW, the concept of _why_ Apple blamed a dozen things is too complicated
for you to comprehend - but adults know why Apple likely did that.

HINT: Apple is (rather slyly) almost certainly (cleverly) trying to hide
the real cause (which badgolferman understood) behind a long smokescreen.

>> They blamed Instagram, for example, right?
>
> Wrong. They identified a bug in Instagram that caused excessive resource
> usage and in turn generated excessive heat.

Apple blamed Instagram.

Did Instagram exist prior to Apple releasing the defective iPhone 15?
Yes? or No?
>> Allow me to ask you a simple _adult_ question of your own words, JR...
>> *Did Instagram exist before the iPhone 15 released?* Jolly Roger?
>
> Allow me to ask you some follow-up questions in response:

HINT: Apple is (rather slyly) almost certainly (cleverly) trying to hide
the real cause (which badgolferman understood) behind a long smokescreen.
> *Has Instagram been updated before and after iOS 17 was released?*

You're _desperate_ to blame Instagram, Jolly Roger.
Let's say it _is_ the fault of Instagram, then Jolly Roger.
OK?

Now why then did Apple provide a virtual litany of "other causes" then?
Think about that.

> *Do you understand that bugs can be introduced during updates?*

Again, it's clear how _desperate_ you are to blame anyone but Apple.
But let's again agree with you that "bugs were introduced", OK?

Now... why then did Apple blame one of those bugs as being in iOS 17?

Do you think maybe Apple _forgot_ to test the iPhone 15 with iOS 17?
Yes? or No?

> *Do you know that Instagram has had previous bugs that caused excessive
> resource usage in the past?*

That's a repeat of your initial desperate attempt to blame Instagram for
Apple having forgotten to sufficiently test the defective iPhone 15.

Do you think Apple simply _forgot_ to test the iPhone 15 with Instagram?
Yes? or No?

>>> Many others echo this. The bug does not effect most people.
>>
>> First off, you're calling it "the bug"
>
> It is a bug.

Actually, your own words show clearly that Apple said it was a whole lot of
things that Apple happened to not test for before selling that iPhone 15.

An intelligent _adult_ might wonder (like badgolferman did), why exactly is
Apple so desperate to claim it was a ton of things - not just one bug?

I think I know why - because I know Apple's history of clever lies.
But time will tell why Apple said it was everything under the sun.

HINT: Apple is (rather slyly) almost certainly (cleverly) trying to hide
the real cause (which badgolferman understood) behind a long smokescreen.
> You are one of several idiot trolls here who wrongly claimed it was a
> hardware defect That's on record. No way to change it now. You're just
> making yourself look like the sad, little, squirming man-child you are.

I have clearly claimed that Apple themselves told us what the problem is.
*Apple did not sufficiently test the iPhone 15 on iOS 17 before selling it*
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/YKdktNAV7vY>

For the intelligent adults on this newsgroup, I must point out that the
mere fact Apple stooped so low as to sleazily blame pretty much everything
that they possibly could think of to blame, that the real problem is far
more embarrassing to Apple - which - I predict - we'll find out over time.

Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the way

<knrmrhFdsn5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2916&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2916

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: 30 Sep 2023 22:47:13 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 22:47 UTC

On 2023-09-30, Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>> I never said Apple blamed anyone.
>
> Ah, but you did.

No, I did not.

*You* did, though. And the reason you are repeating this obvious lie is
because you are *desperate* to try to deflect from the FACT that you
falsely claimed the iPhone 15 hardware is defective. You're a clown.

> For example, you said that Apple blamed "Instagram" (among many others).

Liar. I never said that. You did, though.

>> You said that, though.
>
> No. You said it.

My god, you are such a weak liar.

I'm actually embarrassed for you.

[the rest of your outright lies rightfully ignored]

JR

Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the way

<-N2cnbibRNvuM4X4nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2920&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2920

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
From: ecphoric@allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 23:25:39 +0000
 by: *Hemidactylus* - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 23:25 UTC

Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> [...]
>
> HINT: Apple is (rather slyly) almost certainly (cleverly) trying to hide
> the real cause (which badgolferman understood) behind a long smokescreen.
>
>> You are one of several idiot trolls here who wrongly claimed it was a
>> hardware defect That's on record. No way to change it now. You're just
>> making yourself look like the sad, little, squirming man-child you are.
>
> I have clearly claimed that Apple themselves told us what the problem is.
> *Apple did not sufficiently test the iPhone 15 on iOS 17 before selling it*
> <https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/YKdktNAV7vY>
>
> For the intelligent adults on this newsgroup, I must point out that the
> mere fact Apple stooped so low as to sleazily blame pretty much everything
> that they possibly could think of to blame, that the real problem is far
> more embarrassing to Apple - which - I predict - we'll find out over time.

We shall see, though I hold no bias here. And people who talk down their
noses at others as if adulting aren’t. How many sockpuppets have you
wielded recently uninteresting troll?

Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the way

<ufb34b$3m327$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2934&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2934

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 02:21:00 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 06:21 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

> You're a clown.

That's your response to the fact that you have no adult response to the
fact that Apple failed to sufficiently test the defective iPhone 15 for
overheating under a variety of circumstances, including Instagram?

>> For example, you said that Apple blamed "Instagram" (among many others).
>
> Liar. I never said that. You did, though.

It's not just Instagram that you said Apple blamed the lack of testing on.
Apple also blamed "indexing" (among many other things Apple blamed).

> I'm actually embarrassed for you.

I wonder if you realize that Apple failed to sufficiently test the
defective iPhone 15 for a variety of overheating causes in iOS 17.

Then.... (just as Apple did with the Facetime bugs children found)...

When Apple was finally forced to test the defective iPhone 15 for the first
time - Apple found tons and tons and tons of causes for the overheating.

None of this occurs to you, Jolly Roger?

Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the way

<ufb3ap$3m38i$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2935&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2935

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 02:24:26 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 06:24 UTC

*Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote

> We shall see, though I hold no bias here. And people who talk down their
> noses at others as if adulting aren't.

Hi Hemidactylus,

May I ask you an _adult_ question, please?

I wonder if you realize that Apple failed to sufficiently test the
defective iPhone 15 for a variety of overheating causes in iOS 17.

ADULT QUESTION 1: *Do you realize that's exactly what happened?*

Then.... (just as Apple did with the Facetime bugs children found)...

When Apple was finally forced to test the defective iPhone 15 for the first
time - Apple found tons and tons and tons of causes for the overheating.

ADULT QUESTION #2: *Do you realize that's exactly what happened?*

Or are you completely oblivious to all facts about Apple products?

Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the way

<kntshhFod0bU8@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2941&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2941

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: 1 Oct 2023 18:36:33 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 18:36 UTC

On 2023-10-01, Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>> You're a clown.
>
> That's your response

Yes, because you are a clown.

>>> For example, you said that Apple blamed "Instagram" (among many others).
>>
>> Liar. I never said that. You did, though.
>
> It's not just Instagram that you said Apple blamed

Weak lies are all you have, Arlen. You're truly pathetic.

>> I'm actually embarrassed for you.
>
> Blah blah blah blah...

Bye now.

JR

Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the way

<ufcfgr$2f4dj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2942&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2942

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2023 02:58:36 +0800
 by: Wally J - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 18:58 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

>> That's your response
>
> Yes, because you are a clown.

It's interesting that the adults provide facts and the iKooks can't.

The facts about Apple products are always what the iKooks can't stand.
1. Apple produced a defective iPhone.
2. The fact it's overheating is the defect.
3. Apple never even once tested the iPhone for that defect.

Then... when the shit hit the fan such that Apple had to act...
A. Apple (for the first time!) tested the defective iPhone for overheating.
B. And Apple found (much to their surprise) lots & lots of reasons for it.
C. Such that Apple instantly _blamed everyone but Apple_ for those defects.

Not only are those incontrovertible facts about what happened, but the fact
is the iKooks _hate_ that adults not only noticed - but that adults
remembered this is a classic pattern for Apple over the years.

a. Apple _never sufficiently tested_ the defective iPhones
b. Apple was eventually _forced to test_ the defective iPhones
c. Apple _blamed everyone but Apple_ for the defects in those iPhones.

Such is Apple.

Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the way

<ufcg05$2ev2c$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2944&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2944

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 12:06:45 -0700
 by: Alan - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 19:06 UTC

On 2023-10-01 11:58, Wally J wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>>> That's your response
>>
>> Yes, because you are a clown.
>
> It's interesting that the adults provide facts and the iKooks can't.

Please.

You're a clown.

That's a fact.