From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Subject: Edge icon
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 15:05:20 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Wed, 11 Oct 2023 14:05 UTC

I don't often use Edge (usually accidental by using the windows search
from the taskbar and ending up with Bing/Edge providing results).

Anyway, I wondered why Edge's icon looked different, it had a briefcase
"badge" over it, turns out I'd signed into a customer's 365 site to test
Sharepoint syncing, and somehow OneDrive had decided it should cache the
credentials and use them within Edge ...

Re: Edge icon

<ug6hjk$1tt8m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3021&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#3021

From: winstonmvp@gmail.com (...winston)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Subject: Re: Edge icon
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 12:13:39 -0400
 by: ...winston - Wed, 11 Oct 2023 16:13 UTC

Andy Burns wrote:
> I don't often use Edge (usually accidental by using the windows search
> from the taskbar and ending up with Bing/Edge providing results).
>
> Anyway, I wondered why Edge's icon looked different, it had a briefcase
> "badge" over it, turns out I'd signed into a customer's 365 site to test
> Sharepoint syncing, and somehow OneDrive had decided it should cache the
> credentials and use them within Edge ...

The brief case icon indicates/designate being in a 'work browser window'
One of the purposes is to distinguish use and tasks between work-related
and pesonal ones.

Depending upon the edition, build and version of M365 when in 'work'
related mode, there may be an option to disable that briefcase icon for
work profiles in Settings/Appearance.

--
....w¡ñ§±¤ñ

Re: Edge icon

<koo1nbFavleU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3022&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#3022

From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 17:44:28 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Wed, 11 Oct 2023 16:44 UTC

On 11/10/2023 17:13, ...winston wrote:

> Andy Burns wrote:
>
>> Edge's icon looked different, it had a briefcase "badge" over it,
>> turns out I'd signed into a customer's 365 site to test Sharepoint
>> syncing, and somehow OneDrive had decided it should cache the
>> credentials and use them within Edge ...
>
> The brief case icon indicates/designate being in a 'work browser window'
> One of the purposes is to distinguish use and tasks between work-related
> and pesonal ones.

Yes, once I realised and logged out of the customer's 365, I think it
briefly went to a person/head "badge" then went back to no badge.