From: terje.mathisen@tmsw.no (Terje Mathisen)
Newsgroups: comp.arch
Subject: Re: character codes, Load/Store with auto-increment
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 11:04:13 +0200
 by: Terje Mathisen - Fri, 12 May 2023 09:04 UTC

David Brown wrote:
> On 09/05/2023 18:29, Thomas Koenig wrote:
>>
>> "König is actually a fairly common surname in Germany.  My first
>> name is also quite common. This means that I cannot be googled
>> without without some additional information because there are so
>> many false hits.
>>

> You'll have to try harder to beat /my/ name for commonality!  Even here
> in Norway, there are about a dozen other David Brown's, and there are
> surely tens of thousands of us in the UK and USA.  (Not counting tractors.)
>
>> The only kind of anonymity left, these days :-)

For the first 5-10 years of the web, I was pretty much the only 'Terje
Mathisen'.

When Google first arrived and slurped up every single page they could
reach, trying for quantity over quality, they reached about 3M hits on
my name.

Since then there's been a lot more people on the searchable web who
share my name, and huge amounts of old duplicate links have been pruned
so that by now (quick check...) they are down to 636K of which I'm
guessing less than half are about me.

SSB has all the statistics, there are 37 of us in total, I believe this
is counting everyone alive with a Norwegian social security ID number.

I'm slowly disappearing into the background noise! :-)

BTW, the popularity curve for 'Terje' has a near normal distribution,
with mean centered around ~1955 and standard deviation of about 10
years, so pretty much every Terje in existence is a 50+ year old white guy.

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no>