From: ggtgp@yahoo.com (Brett)
Newsgroups: comp.arch
Subject: Re: long ago and far away, was Centrifuge instruction
Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 20:26:51 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:77RXvBcN0IQXb7s/jRbwqegtEUY=
 by: Brett - Sat, 20 May 2023 20:26 UTC

John Levine <johnl@taugh.com> wrote:
> According to Terje Mathisen <terje.mathisen@tmsw.no>:
>> One interesting hypothesis to explain the origin of the flood saga is
>> that humans were present when the land bridge between Spain and Morocco
>> was breached: Assuming major parts of the current Mediterranean were dry
>> (while below sea level, like the Dead Sea), then this event would have
>> submerged everything within several weeks worth of travel, right?
>
> More likely when the Mediterranean broke through to the Black Sea.
> It's a lot closer to where the Israelites lived, and apparently there
> is a lot of evidence that it happened, albeit considerable doubt
> whether it was sudden or gradual.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sea_deluge_hypothesis

The Bible clearly states that the great flood was 15 cubits deep, a cubit
is the length of your forearm, a foot and a half, so a total of about 7
meters.

In southern Iraq the land is table top flat and during flood season you had
a choice of moving to the man made mountain top that every city had, or
traveling a dozen kilometers out of the land and into the desert.

Yes the water covered all the land, but not the desert.
Lots of places are called “land” Swaziland, Switzerland, DisneyLand, but
these areas do not cover continents.

We have proof of many such great floods, as part of the 12k black mat
events, which is actually a 4,000 year cycle. Only a third of earth gets a
direct hit by the stellar outburst cycle, and most of the data for 12k
events comes from North America.

Isaiah 30:26 The light of the full moon will be like the light of the sun,
and the light of the sun will be seven times brighter, like the light of
seven days [concentrated in one], in the day the Lord binds up the fracture
of His people and heals the wound He has inflicted [because of their sins].