The moon may be smaller than Earth, but it's further away.

computers / news.admin.net-abuse.usenet / Re: UDP Google GRoups

SubjectAuthor
* UDP Google GRoupsIvo Gandolfo
`* UDP Google GRoupsThe Doctor
 `* Contact Abuse desk for info was: Re: UDP Google GRoupsIvo Gandolfo
  +* Contact Abuse desk for info was: Re: UDP Google GRoupsRay Banana
  |+* Contact Abuse desk for info was: Re: UDP Google GRoupsIvo Gandolfo
  ||`- Contact Abuse desk for info was: Re: UDP Google GRoupsThe Doctor
  |`- Contact Abuse desk for info was: Re: UDP Google GRoupsThe Doctor
  `- Contact Abuse desk for info was: Re: UDP Google GRoupsThe Doctor

1
Re: UDP Google GRoups

<ug07qf$1unuo$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3232&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#3232

From: usenet@bofh.team (Ivo Gandolfo)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Subject: Re: UDP Google GRoups
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 08:49:52 +0200
 by: Ivo Gandolfo - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 06:49 UTC

On 06/09/2023 16:21, The Doctor wrote:
> About time these abusers are put to book!

Seem's Abavia (reseller?) same SPAM flood coming from. Spamming 2 hy,
de.* and other's.

See this Message-Id: <6e31d408-1@bea-48dd-b68d-24e5731d9711>

My "junk" group it's full of this...

Sincerely

--
Ivo Gandolfo

Re: UDP Google GRoups

<ug147n$a9g$14@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3233&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#3233

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 14:54:47 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 14:54 UTC

In article <ug07qf$1unuo$1@paganini.bofh.team>,
Ivo Gandolfo <usenet@bofh.team> wrote:
>On 06/09/2023 16:21, The Doctor wrote:
>> About time these abusers are put to book!
>
>Seem's Abavia (reseller?) same SPAM flood coming from. Spamming 2 hy,
>de.* and other's.
>
>See this Message-Id: <6e31d408-1@bea-48dd-b68d-24e5731d9711>
>
>My "junk" group it's full of this...
>

>Sincerely
>
>--
>Ivo Gandolfo

GRR!!

And clc is really getting junked!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
An oil stain on the carpet is not removed by picking up the litter. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Contact Abuse desk for info was: Re: UDP Google GRoups

<ug1fad$20i6j$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3234&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#3234

From: usenet@bofh.team (Ivo Gandolfo)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Subject: Contact Abuse desk for info was: Re: UDP Google GRoups
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 20:03:58 +0200
 by: Ivo Gandolfo - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 18:03 UTC

On 09/10/2023 16:54, The Doctor wrote:

> And clc is really getting junked!

Hello all,

I just wrote an email to the Abavia and Highwinds Media abusedesk, let's
see if they reply something, or if they don't care at all.

If they don't respond we could directly propose a UDP against all these
providers (GGroups, Abavia, Hmedia etc).

Sincerely

--
Ivo Gandolfo

Re: Contact Abuse desk for info was: Re: UDP Google GRoups

<slrnui8j8k.1tif.rayban@raybanana.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3236&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#3236

From: rayban@raybanana.net (Ray Banana)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 18:57:24 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ray Banana - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 18:57 UTC

* Ivo Gandolfo wrote:
> On 09/10/2023 16:54, The Doctor wrote:
>>
>> And clc is really getting junked!
>

> Hello all,
>
> I just wrote an email to the Abavia and Highwinds Media abusedesk, let's
> see if they reply something, or if they don't care at all.
>
> If they don't respond we could directly propose a UDP against all these
> providers (GGroups, Abavia, Hmedia etc).

That means an UDP against 17 of the current Top 20 on http://top1000.anthologeek.net/.
How realistic is that? BTW, blocking the niptide from Abavia is trivial:

bad_from:

..*\@novella\.org

--
Too many ingredients in the soup, no room for a spoon.
https://www.eternal-september.org

Re: Contact Abuse desk for info was: Re: UDP Google GRoups

<ug1rd9$20i6j$2@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3237&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#3237

From: usenet@bofh.team (Ivo Gandolfo)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 23:30:18 +0200
 by: Ivo Gandolfo - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 21:30 UTC

On 09/10/2023 20:57, Ray Banana wrote:

> That means an UDP against 17 of the current Top 20 on http://top1000.anthologeek.net/.
> How realistic is that? BTW, blocking the niptide from Abavia is trivial:
>
> bad_from:
>
> .*\@novella\.org

I'm realistic. The path to filter it's not 17, but just 4.
And no one are RFC8315-compliant. That's so easy. Any UDP 8active or
passive) are much realistic.

And those who are old like me will remember the same discussion that
took place first in 1990, and then in 1996, only that the topic was the
IRC network. First it was ERIS, then it was ANet and EFnet. IRCnet and
DALnet were born from the offshoot of EFnet.

So nothing is impossible, you just need to want it, and the admins are
determined.

If the newsadmins on a voluntary basis filtered (actively or passively)
the servers that are not active in management (i.e. they do not respond
to emails etc.), these servers would have an "island" functioning and
this in the long run would certainly not benefit their business. Just
hit them in the wallet. When their users realize that they can no longer
reach anyone from those servers they will have 2 solutions: if they are
paying for the tracks they will stay there, the others will look for
another server.

Two separate Usenets will be born. Will this be bad? Depends. I do not
think so. There will be a Usenet just for binaries, and a Usenet with
the main values for which it was born. I'd like to see how it turns out.

Ray the smaller servers are the majority. I agree that those providers
convey approximately 50% of current Usenet, but if you remove alt.bin*
and alt.pic* what remains is less than 15% (statistics taken from my
server, I have a fullfeed including binaries :)).

Sincerely

--
Ivo Gandolfo

Re: Contact Abuse desk for info was: Re: UDP Google GRoups

<ug21qm$10mk$8@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3238&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#3238

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 23:19:50 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 23:19 UTC

In article <ug1fad$20i6j$1@paganini.bofh.team>,
Ivo Gandolfo <usenet@bofh.team> wrote:
>On 09/10/2023 16:54, The Doctor wrote:
>>
>> And clc is really getting junked!
>

>Hello all,
>
>I just wrote an email to the Abavia and Highwinds Media abusedesk, let's
>see if they reply something, or if they don't care at all.
>
>If they don't respond we could directly propose a UDP against all these
>providers (GGroups, Abavia, Hmedia etc).

Rather extreme but expect Hmedia and Abavia to reply.

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
An oil stain on the carpet is not removed by picking up the litter. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: Contact Abuse desk for info was: Re: UDP Google GRoups

<ug21uo$10mk$9@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3239&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#3239

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 23:22:00 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 23:22 UTC

In article <slrnui8j8k.1tif.rayban@raybanana.net>,
Ray Banana <rayban@raybanana.net> wrote:
>* Ivo Gandolfo wrote:
>> On 09/10/2023 16:54, The Doctor wrote:
>>>
>>> And clc is really getting junked!
>>

>> Hello all,
>>
>> I just wrote an email to the Abavia and Highwinds Media abusedesk, let's
>> see if they reply something, or if they don't care at all.
>>
>> If they don't respond we could directly propose a UDP against all these
>> providers (GGroups, Abavia, Hmedia etc).
>
>That means an UDP against 17 of the current Top 20 on
>http://top1000.anthologeek.net/.
>How realistic is that? BTW, blocking the niptide from Abavia is trivial:
>
>bad_from:
>
>.*\@novella\.org
>
>--
>Too many ingredients in the soup, no room for a spoon.

And the spam is bending the spoon!

>https://www.eternal-september.org

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
An oil stain on the carpet is not removed by picking up the litter. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: Contact Abuse desk for info was: Re: UDP Google GRoups

<ug221u$10mk$10@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3240&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#3240

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 23:23:42 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 23:23 UTC

In article <ug1rd9$20i6j$2@paganini.bofh.team>,
Ivo Gandolfo <usenet@bofh.team> wrote:
>On 09/10/2023 20:57, Ray Banana wrote:
>>
>> That means an UDP against 17 of the current Top 20 on
>http://top1000.anthologeek.net/.
>> How realistic is that? BTW, blocking the niptide from Abavia is trivial:
>>
>> bad_from:
>>
>> .*\@novella\.org
>>

>I'm realistic. The path to filter it's not 17, but just 4.
>And no one are RFC8315-compliant. That's so easy. Any UDP 8active or
>passive) are much realistic.
>
>And those who are old like me will remember the same discussion that
>took place first in 1990, and then in 1996, only that the topic was the
>IRC network. First it was ERIS, then it was ANet and EFnet. IRCnet and
>DALnet were born from the offshoot of EFnet.
>
>So nothing is impossible, you just need to want it, and the admins are
>determined.
>
>If the newsadmins on a voluntary basis filtered (actively or passively)
>the servers that are not active in management (i.e. they do not respond
>to emails etc.), these servers would have an "island" functioning and
>this in the long run would certainly not benefit their business. Just
>hit them in the wallet. When their users realize that they can no longer
>reach anyone from those servers they will have 2 solutions: if they are
>paying for the tracks they will stay there, the others will look for
>another server.
>
>Two separate Usenets will be born. Will this be bad? Depends. I do not
>think so. There will be a Usenet just for binaries, and a Usenet with
>the main values for which it was born. I'd like to see how it turns out.

how 2?