From: hemphill@hemphills.net (Scott Hemphill)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.hp48
Subject: Re: Seeking Help: Unrecognized Language and Unwanted Emails
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 12:59:35 -0400
 by: Scott Hemphill - Thu, 19 Oct 2023 16:59 UTC

Paulo Souza <multisolution@gmail.com> writes:

> "Hey everyone. What's the issue here? I don't recognize the language
> of 90% of the topics here. When I use a translator, it seems to be
> about betting. The problem is that I've been receiving these messages
> in my email daily. Does anyone know what's going on?"

Yes, it's a real pain. It comes about because this is not a moderated
group, therefore anybody can post anything.

It helps to use an actual newsreader, instead of Google Groups. I'm
using gnus, which runs in emacs. One of its features is kill files.
I've made some entries in my main kill file, and I didn't get any
unwanted SPAM today.

Scott
--
Scott Hemphill hemphill@alumni.caltech.edu
"This isn't flying. This is falling, with style." -- Buzz Lightyear