Overload -- core meltdown sequence initiated.

computers / microsoft.public.windowsxp.general / downsizing, found SPSS software

SubjectAuthor
* downsizing, found SPSS softwarepyotr filipivich
`* downsizing, found SPSS softwareJJ
 +* downsizing, found SPSS softwareJ. P. Gilliver (John)
 |+- downsizing, found SPSS softwarepyotr filipivich
 |`- downsizing, found SPSS softwareJJ
 `- downsizing, found SPSS softwarepyotr filipivich

1
downsizing, found SPSS software

<vil58h1rdujn01r4ouhv3ifovhapf25b48@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3297&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#3297

From: phamp@mindspring.com (pyotr filipivich)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Subject: downsizing, found SPSS software
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 16:00:03 -0700
 by: pyotr filipivich - Mon, 16 May 2022 23:00 UTC

Naturally, after I toss the manual, find the software. Actually this
comes with the manuals - complete set.

Id picked up a copy of SPSS (Statistical Processing for Social
Sciences) years ago. I'd used it in college and where I got this I do
not recall.
But I always meant to install it "sometime". But I need the Shelf
Space, so if anyone wants a copy, it is intended for the Windows
System (3.1 or later) and is designed for the IBM PC series with at
least 4MB of RAM. And a 5 1/4 in floppy drive. That's the deal killer
for me. B-)

tschus
pyotr

--
APL is a mistake, carried through to perfection. It is the language of the
future for the programming techniques of the past: it creates a new generation

Re: downsizing, found SPSS software

<54uqwp2mk0gj.gvnmksur6sur$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3298&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#3298

From: jj4public@gmx.com (JJ)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Subject: Re: downsizing, found SPSS software
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 07:05:46 +0700
 by: JJ - Wed, 18 May 2022 00:05 UTC

On Mon, 16 May 2022 16:00:03 -0700, pyotr filipivich wrote:
> Naturally, after I toss the manual, find the software. Actually this
> comes with the manuals - complete set.
>
> Id picked up a copy of SPSS (Statistical Processing for Social
> Sciences) years ago. I'd used it in college and where I got this I do
> not recall.
> But I always meant to install it "sometime". But I need the Shelf
> Space, so if anyone wants a copy, it is intended for the Windows
> System (3.1 or later) and is designed for the IBM PC series with at
> least 4MB of RAM. And a 5 1/4 in floppy drive. That's the deal killer
> for me. B-)
>
> tschus
> pyotr

What do you mean by deal killer? The 32-bit version of Windows XP can run
most 16-bit Windows 3.x applications.

Re: downsizing, found SPSS software

<Tk8k+debFEhiFwbm@a.a>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3299&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#3299

Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 01:44:11 +0100
From: G6JPG@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver (John))
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
 by: J. P. Gilliver (John - Wed, 18 May 2022 00:44 UTC

On Wed, 18 May 2022 at 07:05:46, JJ <jj4public@gmx.com> wrote (my
>On Mon, 16 May 2022 16:00:03 -0700, pyotr filipivich wrote:
>> Naturally, after I toss the manual, find the software. Actually this
>> comes with the manuals - complete set.
>>
>> Id picked up a copy of SPSS (Statistical Processing for Social
>> Sciences) years ago. I'd used it in college and where I got this I do
>> not recall.
>> But I always meant to install it "sometime". But I need the Shelf
>> Space, so if anyone wants a copy, it is intended for the Windows
>> System (3.1 or later) and is designed for the IBM PC series with at
>> least 4MB of RAM. And a 5 1/4 in floppy drive. That's the deal killer
>> for me. B-)
>>
>> tschus
>> pyotr
>
>What do you mean by deal killer? The 32-bit version of Windows XP can run
>most 16-bit Windows 3.x applications.

I assumed he meant the need for the 5.25" drive was the killer.

Thay have a saying for it: /Geiz ist geil/, which roughly translates as, "It's
sexy to be stingly". - Joe Fattorini, RT insert 2016/9/10-16

Re: downsizing, found SPSS software

<496b8hd5p83t70io8qpjcsjnb1fgji8veg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3300&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#3300

From: phamp@mindspring.com (pyotr filipivich)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 18:12:31 -0700
 by: pyotr filipivich - Thu, 19 May 2022 01:12 UTC

"J. P. Gilliver (John)" <G6JPG@255soft.uk> on Wed, 18 May 2022
01:44:11 +0100 typed in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general the
following:
>On Wed, 18 May 2022 at 07:05:46, JJ <jj4public@gmx.com> wrote (my
>>On Mon, 16 May 2022 16:00:03 -0700, pyotr filipivich wrote:
>>> Naturally, after I toss the manual, find the software. Actually this
>>> comes with the manuals - complete set.
>>>
>>> Id picked up a copy of SPSS (Statistical Processing for Social
>>> Sciences) years ago. I'd used it in college and where I got this I do
>>> not recall.
>>> But I always meant to install it "sometime". But I need the Shelf
>>> Space, so if anyone wants a copy, it is intended for the Windows
>>> System (3.1 or later) and is designed for the IBM PC series with at
>>> least 4MB of RAM. And a 5 1/4 in floppy drive. That's the deal killer
>>> for me. B-)
>>>
>>> tschus
>>> pyotr
>>
>>What do you mean by deal killer? The 32-bit version of Windows XP can run
>>most 16-bit Windows 3.x applications.
>
>I assumed he meant the need for the 5.25" drive was the killer.

That especially.

I've been finding all sorts of software and files on 5.25" (and
3.5) disks. The bummer are the ones for Apple ][e.
--
pyotr filipivich
This Week's Panel: Us & Them - Eliminating Them.

Re: downsizing, found SPSS software

<r76b8h5onatfcret556k2sh5mae9n1lg2f@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3301&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#3301

From: phamp@mindspring.com (pyotr filipivich)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 18:12:31 -0700
 by: pyotr filipivich - Thu, 19 May 2022 01:12 UTC

JJ <jj4public@gmx.com> on Wed, 18 May 2022 07:05:46 +0700 typed in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general the following:
>On Mon, 16 May 2022 16:00:03 -0700, pyotr filipivich wrote:
>> Naturally, after I toss the manual, find the software. Actually this
>> comes with the manuals - complete set.
>>
>> Id picked up a copy of SPSS (Statistical Processing for Social
>> Sciences) years ago. I'd used it in college and where I got this I do
>> not recall.
>> But I always meant to install it "sometime". But I need the Shelf
>> Space, so if anyone wants a copy, it is intended for the Windows
>> System (3.1 or later) and is designed for the IBM PC series with at
>> least 4MB of RAM. And a 5 1/4 in floppy drive. That's the deal killer
>> for me. B-)
>>
>> tschus
>> pyotr
>
>What do you mean by deal killer? The 32-bit version of Windows XP can run
>most 16-bit Windows 3.x applications.

Ah, true. Unfortunately, I think the XP box got sent to recycle
heaven.
--
pyotr filipivich
This Week's Panel: Us & Them - Eliminating Them.
Next Month's Panel: Having eliminated the old Them(tm)
Selecting who insufficiently Woke(tm) as to serve as the new Them(tm)

Re: downsizing, found SPSS software

<5n14oi7yyha1$.86ukx3fly95a.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3302&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#3302

From: jj4public@gmx.com (JJ)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 09:44:30 +0700
 by: JJ - Thu, 19 May 2022 02:44 UTC

On Wed, 18 May 2022 01:44:11 +0100, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:

> On Wed, 18 May 2022 at 07:05:46, JJ <jj4public@gmx.com> wrote (my
>>On Mon, 16 May 2022 16:00:03 -0700, pyotr filipivich wrote:
>>> Naturally, after I toss the manual, find the software. Actually this
>>> comes with the manuals - complete set.
>>>
>>> Id picked up a copy of SPSS (Statistical Processing for Social
>>> Sciences) years ago. I'd used it in college and where I got this I do
>>> not recall.
>>> But I always meant to install it "sometime". But I need the Shelf
>>> Space, so if anyone wants a copy, it is intended for the Windows
>>> System (3.1 or later) and is designed for the IBM PC series with at
>>> least 4MB of RAM. And a 5 1/4 in floppy drive. That's the deal killer
>>> for me. B-)
>>>
>>> tschus
>>> pyotr
>>
>>What do you mean by deal killer? The 32-bit version of Windows XP can run
>>most 16-bit Windows 3.x applications.
>
> I assumed he meant the need for the 5.25" drive was the killer.

Well, if he's offering a copy, it means that he can read the floppy disk
using a floppy drive he already have. The copy doesn't have to be in form of
a physical floppy disk too. It can be a disk image file, where it can be
mounted using FileDisk, or its contents be extracted using WinImage or
7-Zip. Or just a ZIP file of the floppy disk contents (though it won't be a
100% copy of the floppy disk).