...Unix, MS-DOS, and Windows NT (also known as the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly). -- Matt Welsh

computers / comp.mobile.ipad / Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port

SubjectAuthor
* Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emeWally J
`* Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety withJolly Roger
 `* Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emeWally J
  `* Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety withJolly Roger
   `* Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emeWally J
    `* Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety withJolly Roger
     `* Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emeWally J
      +* Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with thecandycanearter07
      |`* Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety withJolly Roger
      | `- Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emeWally J
      +* Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emeYou're Kidding

1
Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port

<ujbl3b$3h225$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3303&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3303

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 20:32:43 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 00:32 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

> in a feeble attempt to paint
> Apple as supposedly "not caring about customer safety".

You're desperate to fabricate excuses for why iPhones are crippled.

Q: Why is my iPhone crippled, asks Jolly Roger?
A: *Nobody wants it* *Nobody needs it*
Even though most current Android models have it.

Face it, Jolly Roger: Apple lied to you.
Just like George Santos & Donald Trump lie to you.

If Apple actually cared about consumer safety, the FM radio would be there.
--
It's always the case that what Apple says it does, is not what Apple does.

Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port

<krt9r0F7838U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3304&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3304

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with
the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port
Date: 19 Nov 2023 02:22:24 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 02:22 UTC

On 2023-11-19, Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>> in a feeble attempt to paint Apple as supposedly "not caring about
>> customer safety".
>
> You're desperate

Nah, that would be you, spending every hour of every day trolling
newsgroups for products from a company you have a raging little hate
boner for instead of leading a productive life like a normal person.

JR

Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port

<ujc032$3m4e9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3305&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3305

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 23:40:18 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 03:40 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

> Nah, that would be you, spending every hour of every day trolling
> newsgroups for products from a company you have a raging little hate
> boner for instead of leading a productive life like a normal person.

I study strange people like you, Jolly Roger.
Which is why I love you.

What I find interesting is how _afraid_ you are of me, Jolly Roger.
Because everything you think and believe - I easily prove to be wrong.

You actually believe, for example, that an iPhone without any of the basic
hardware that most Android phones have, can do what Android can do.

It can't.

What you hate, Jolly Roger, is that your iPhone is functionally crippled.

FACT:
AUX Jacks are on 75% of current Android models; *0% on current iPhones*
FM Radio is on 50% of current Android models; *0% on current iPhones*
Portable memory is on 71% of current Android models; *0% on any iPhones*

You _hate_ that your toy iPhone can't do what Android phones easily do, JR.
But what's interesting is how desperate you are to make excuses for that.
--
Never forget Apple is a MARKETING company - just like Coca Cola is.
There's no product value unless they can make people believe there is.

Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port

<krtfa0F87guU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3306&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3306

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port
Date: 19 Nov 2023 03:55:44 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 03:55 UTC

On 2023-11-19, Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>> Nah, that would be you, spending every hour of every day trolling
>> newsgroups for products from a company you have a raging little hate
>> boner for instead of leading a productive life like a normal person.
>
> I study strange people like you, Jolly Roger. Which is why I love
> you.
>
> What I find interesting is how _afraid_ you are of me, Jolly Roger.

More projection. You are so fearful of Apple that you literally spend
*hours* every day trolling the Apple newsgroups insulting complete
strangers from behind your keyboard. You wouldn't have the balls to
sling your little schoolyard insults in person, because you know you'd
get your ass kicked. You're a cowardly, tiny man child. And you are
scared of the world.

JR

Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port

<ujc3k2$3mgd9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3307&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3307

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 22:40:35 -0600
 by: Wally J - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 04:40 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

> You're a cowardly, tiny man child. And you are
> scared of the world.

The sad fact is, Jolly Roger, the iPhone lacks basic functionality.

That's trivially easy to prove, Jolly Roger...
AUX Jacks are on 75% of current Android models; *0% on current iPhones*
Portable memory is on 71% of current Android models; *0% on any iPhones*
FM Radio is on 50% of current Android models; *0% on current iPhones*

The fact is, every phone that lacks these features is less functional.

You can't refute that the iPhone is crippled because it lacks normal basic
hardware, Jolly Roger... so you try to attack me... trying to insult me.

Why?

Because you can't refute that the iPhone is crippled because it lacks
fundamental hardware that most Android phones have always had & still do.

*You _hate_ that your toy iPhone is crippled, Jolly Roger*
So you attack me.

You hate that I easily prove all iPhones are crippled in functionality.
So you take it out on me because you hate Apple's incompetent designs.

So be it.
--
Apple is incompetent at designing a functional phone, but Apple is
brilliant at markteting a toy that can't do half of what Android does.

Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port

<krurvvFigmhU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3312&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3312

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port
Date: 19 Nov 2023 16:38:23 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 16:38 UTC

On 2023-11-19, Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>> You're a cowardly, tiny man child. And you are scared of the world.
>
> you try to attack me... trying to insult me.
>
> Why?

Hilarious question coming from the loser troll who has been slinging
little schoolyard juvenile "iKook" and "low IQ" insults at everyone in
the Apple newsgroups who dares to use a certain product for which he has
a raging, tiny, little hate boner for literal years...

> So be it.

Indeed.

JR

Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port

<ujgjlt$12p9v$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3328&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3328

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 17:39:09 -0400
 by: Wally J - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 21:39 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

> Hilarious question coming from the loser troll who has been slinging
> little schoolyard juvenile "iKook" and "low IQ" insults at everyone in
> the Apple newsgroups who dares to use a certain product for which he has
> a raging, tiny, little hate boner for literal years...

I try to understand you strange people, Jolly Roger, so I love your posts.

You want this newsgroup to be all about the Apple YELLOW advertisements,
which are "way cool" and you want it to be about their special glass that
nobody else has the trademark for, and you want us to gloat about Apple's
profits because that makes you feel your herd decisions are correct, etc.

I get it, Jolly Roger.
You want this newsgroup to only talk about Apple's marketing gimmicks.

Whenever Apple spouts a new marketing gimmick (titanium!!!!!!!!!!!), you
want all of us to rave about it - so that you feel better about your phone.

OK. I'll help you.

Do you want to know what Apple is the best in the world at, Jolly Roger?
I know what Apple is better at than anyone else in the world, JR.

Do you know what Apple does best?
I do.

Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port

<ujgtqe$hbtm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3329&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3329

From: no@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the
loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 18:32:14 -0600
 by: candycanearter07 - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 00:32 UTC

On 11/20/23 15:39, Wally J wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>> Hilarious question coming from the loser troll who has been slinging
>> little schoolyard juvenile "iKook" and "low IQ" insults at everyone in
>> the Apple newsgroups who dares to use a certain product for which he has
>> a raging, tiny, little hate boner for literal years...
>
> I try to understand you strange people, Jolly Roger, so I love your posts.
>
> You want this newsgroup to be all about the Apple YELLOW advertisements,
> which are "way cool" and you want it to be about their special glass that
> nobody else has the trademark for, and you want us to gloat about Apple's
> profits because that makes you feel your herd decisions are correct, etc.
>
> I get it, Jolly Roger.
> You want this newsgroup to only talk about Apple's marketing gimmicks.
>
> Whenever Apple spouts a new marketing gimmick (titanium!!!!!!!!!!!), you
> want all of us to rave about it - so that you feel better about your phone.
>
> OK. I'll help you.
>
> Do you want to know what Apple is the best in the world at, Jolly Roger?
> I know what Apple is better at than anyone else in the world, JR.
>
> Do you know what Apple does best?
> I do.

Wow, they market phone material? Geez..

Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port

<ujguin$hghu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3330&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3330

From: yk@yahoo.com (You're Kidding)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 00:45:11 -0000 (UTC)
 by: You're Kidding - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 00:45 UTC

On Nov 20, 2023 at 4:39:09 PM EST, "Wally J" <walterjones@invalid.nospam>
wrote:

> I know what Apple is better at than anyone else in the world, JR.

DJT is actually Wally J?

YK

Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port

<ks2hamFegl1U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3331&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3331

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port
Date: 21 Nov 2023 02:00:54 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 02:00 UTC

On 2023-11-20, Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>> Hilarious question coming from the loser troll who has been slinging
>> little schoolyard juvenile "iKook" and "low IQ" insults at everyone
>> in the Apple newsgroups who dares to use a certain product for which
>> he has a raging, tiny, little hate boner for literal years...
>
> I try to understand you strange people

You live to insult people. It's pretty much all you do.

> You want this newsgroup to be all about the Apple YELLOW

LOL... Poor, little Arlen is *still* triggered as fuck that Apple dared
to ,,,checks notes... release a different color iPhone... *GASP*
ERRMEGHERD! The audacity! He and badgolferman have trolled about
"YELLOW" for literal months like the mental toddlers they are. And they
actually think you will *respect* them more for it. 🤣

JR

Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port

<ks2hbmFegl1U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3332&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3332

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port
Date: 21 Nov 2023 02:01:26 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 02:01 UTC

On 2023-11-21, candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote:
> On 11/20/23 15:39, Wally J wrote:
>> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>>
>>> Hilarious question coming from the loser troll who has been slinging
>>> little schoolyard juvenile "iKook" and "low IQ" insults at everyone in
>>> the Apple newsgroups who dares to use a certain product for which he has
>>> a raging, tiny, little hate boner for literal years...
>>
>> I try to understand you strange people, Jolly Roger, so I love your posts.
>>
>> You want this newsgroup to be all about the Apple YELLOW advertisements,
>> which are "way cool" and you want it to be about their special glass that
>> nobody else has the trademark for, and you want us to gloat about Apple's
>> profits because that makes you feel your herd decisions are correct, etc.
>>
>> I get it, Jolly Roger.
>> You want this newsgroup to only talk about Apple's marketing gimmicks.
>>
>> Whenever Apple spouts a new marketing gimmick (titanium!!!!!!!!!!!), you
>> want all of us to rave about it - so that you feel better about your phone.
>>
>> OK. I'll help you.
>>
>> Do you want to know what Apple is the best in the world at, Jolly Roger?
>> I know what Apple is better at than anyone else in the world, JR.
>>
>> Do you know what Apple does best?
>> I do.
>
> Wow, they market phone material? Geez..

Buncha losers, amiright? No other company markets their products!

JR

Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port

<ks2hcoFegl1U4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3333&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3333

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port
Date: 21 Nov 2023 02:02:00 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 02:02 UTC

On 2023-11-21, You're Kidding <yk@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Nov 20, 2023 at 4:39:09 PM EST, "Wally J" <walterjones@invalid.nospam>
> wrote:
>
>> I know what Apple is better at than anyone else in the world, JR.
>
> DJT is actually Wally J?

Close, but nowhere near as successful... 🤣

JR

Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port

<ujh446$185t3$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3334&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3334

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 22:19:50 -0400
 by: Wally J - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 02:19 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

>> I try to understand you strange people
>
> You live to insult people. It's pretty much all you do.

Awww... that's not being nice, Jolly Roger.
I spend all that time and energy to _understand_ you, Jolly Roger.
And then you make me feel bad.

Truth is...

I understand exactly _why_ you feel "courageous" when Apple removed all the
basic functionaltiy from the iPhone - and - and - and you bought it anyway.

That made you feel courageous, didn't it, Jolly Roger.
C'mon. Tell us the truth.

You felt the same courageous sense Big Tobacco made women feel with this
<https://youtu.be/vXUbkIkwn2Y>

BTW, I understand Apple marketing better than you think I do too, JR.

Apple told you how to feel when they removed all the functionality JR.
Just like Big Tobacco told women how to feel when they gave them cancer.
--
You can't make those ungodly profits without gullible people buying it.

Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port

<ujh49m$1864r$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3335&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3335

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 22:22:46 -0400
References: <uj8kcn$89it$1@paganini.bofh.team> <uj8lkp$8bh3$1@paganini.bofh.team> <krqjp0Fi9omU2@mid.individual.net> <ujbl3b$3h225$1@dont-email.me> <krt9r0F7838U1@mid.individual.net> <ujc032$3m4e9$1@dont-email.me> <krtfa0F87guU1@mid.individual.net> <ujc3k2$3mgd9$1@dont-email.me> <krurvvFigmhU1@mid.individual.net> <ujgjlt$12p9v$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ujgtqe$hbtm$1@dont-email.me> <ks2hbmFegl1U3@mid.individual.net>
 by: Wally J - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 02:22 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

> No other company markets their products!

But oh what MARKETING it is to get women to buy "special" cigarettes made
just for them, as you can see in this "You've come a long way baby"
commercial (which uses the same "courageous" technique Apple does).

<https://youtu.be/vXUbkIkwn2Y>

Big Tobacco made women feel "courageous", now didn't they Jolly Roger.
C'mon... look at the video... it's exactly like this Apple video...

<https://youtu.be/oFyRks-Qw5Y>

When Apple removes all the functionality from the iPhone, if you still
decide to buy the crippled iPhone - you're a *courageous* person, JR!

Do you hear all those people clapping when Apple announces the _removal_ of
the headphone jack? Apple owners clap when functionality is removed, JR.

That's courageous.