This place just isn't big enough for all of us. We've got to find a way off this planet.

computers / news.admin.net-abuse.usenet / New flood

SubjectAuthor
* New floodLutz Beck
+- New floodD
`* New floodThe Doctor
 +* New floodLutz Beck
 |+- New floodD
 |`* New floodDavid Ritz
 | `* New floodD
 |  `* New floodAndrew
 |   `- New floodD
 `* New floodPierre
  +- New floodD
  `- New floodThe Doctor

1
New flood

<uifg2h$1gqqm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3616&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#3616

From: me@privacy.net (Lutz Beck)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Subject: New flood
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2023 09:15:13 +0100
 by: Lutz Beck - Wed, 8 Nov 2023 08:15 UTC

New flood (seemingly by the same source) with spam referring
to all kind of ... software (tools and for entertainment),
which has been ... "cracked" ("free licenses", "free serial
numbers", "full episodes", "dubbing"/"subtitles" in other
languages, such as (Hindi, Tagalog"). And by making use of
far more free-access servers, many (most??) of them being
located rather in Europe and North America. Many if not all
of them seemingly being coordinated by a NYC-based company:
Strong Technology LLC ("AS54203"). This one deals with free
hosting, VPN & the like. Methinks, complaint messages or
a mere "inquiry" to their Big Apple HQs might help.

Lutz

Re: New flood

<4e75c3030c2883aa51652cd28c62dad0@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3617&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#3617

From: J@M (D)
Subject: Re: New flood
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2023 14:10:58 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
 by: D - Wed, 8 Nov 2023 13:10 UTC

On Wed, 8 Nov 2023 09:15:13 +0100, Lutz Beck <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>New flood (seemingly by the same source) with spam referring
>to all kind of ... software (tools and for entertainment),
>which has been ... "cracked" ("free licenses", "free serial
>numbers", "full episodes", "dubbing"/"subtitles" in other
>languages, such as (Hindi, Tagalog"). And by making use of
>far more free-access servers, many (most??) of them being
>located rather in Europe and North America. Many if not all
>of them seemingly being coordinated by a NYC-based company:
>Strong Technology LLC ("AS54203"). This one deals with free
>hosting, VPN & the like. Methinks, complaint messages or
>a mere "inquiry" to their Big Apple HQs might help.

words like "help" have never existed in places like that . . .

(using Tor Browser 13.0.1)
http://strongtechnology.net
>Websites prove their identity via certificates, which are valid for a set
>time period. The certificate for strongtechnology.net expired on 9/30/2023.
>strongvpn.com
>Online security is just a click away
>Encryption that doesn't slow you down. Now featuring WireGuard(r), the
>fastest VPN protocol.
>Featured in:
>PCWorld TechCrunch ProPrivacy The New York Times TechRadar Tom's Guide
>Choose Your VPN Plan
>With StrongVPN, you'll have exclusive access to all the benefits of the
>strongest VPN in the industry. Take a look to see which plan fits your
>needs:
[end quoted excerpt]

fwiw, google has completely stopped spamming alt.comp.freeware since
midday 31 October 2023 . . . eight days and counting . . . of course
many hundreds of other newsgroups haven't been so lucky; as for this
whole "vpn" industry, it's big business and everyone knows what that
means

Re: New flood

<uigccb$1sat$23@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3619&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#3619

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2023 16:18:19 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Wed, 8 Nov 2023 16:18 UTC

In article <uifg2h$1gqqm$1@dont-email.me>, Lutz Beck <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>New flood (seemingly by the same source) with spam referring
>to all kind of ... software (tools and for entertainment),
>which has been ... "cracked" ("free licenses", "free serial
>numbers", "full episodes", "dubbing"/"subtitles" in other
>languages, such as (Hindi, Tagalog"). And by making use of
>far more free-access servers, many (most??) of them being
>located rather in Europe and North America. Many if not all
>of them seemingly being coordinated by a NYC-based company:
>Strong Technology LLC ("AS54203"). This one deals with free
>hosting, VPN & the like. Methinks, complaint messages or
>a mere "inquiry" to their Big Apple HQs might help.
>
>Lutz

Which groups are affected?
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: New flood

<uii1vj$23j24$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3622&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#3622

From: me@privacy.net (Lutz Beck)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 08:33:06 +0100
 by: Lutz Beck - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 07:33 UTC

On 08.11.2023 17:18, The Doctor wrote:

>Which groups are affected?

AFAI am concerned especially sci.lang. BTW, now the same spammer's
software has been making use of various disseminators - for almost each
spam post a different server, i.e., each message bears a different IP
number in its header / "injection-info". e.g.:

5.182.110.197
102.129.235.85
173.195.15.239
212.102.49.206
146.70.38.55
216.131.88.41
216.131.104.15
209.107.196.81
103.175.51.183
95.181.237.20

And, since Nov. 1, abavia.com, usually used for the gaming
spam, too. I.e., a server he constantly has used for several
months for a different kind of "flood" (emulation of
discussion threads) that has been pestering (in similar
amounts and 24/7) some German-speaking, DE.* newsgroups.

Lutz

Re: New flood

<2c18f6e6e8a92ee8963ad7a88d27daf1@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3623&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#3623

From: J@M (D)
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 01:22:46 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
 by: D - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 00:22 UTC

On Thu, 9 Nov 2023 08:33:06 +0100, Lutz Beck <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>On 08.11.2023 17:18, The Doctor wrote:
>>Which groups are affected?
>AFAI am concerned especially sci.lang. BTW, now the same spammer's
>software has been making use of various disseminators - for almost each
>spam post a different server, i.e., each message bears a different IP
>number in its header / "injection-info". e.g.:
>5.182.110.197
>102.129.235.85
>173.195.15.239
>212.102.49.206
>146.70.38.55
>216.131.88.41
>216.131.104.15
>209.107.196.81
>103.175.51.183
>95.181.237.20
>And, since Nov. 1, abavia.com, usually used for the gaming
>spam, too. I.e., a server he constantly has used for several
>months for a different kind of "flood" (emulation of
>discussion threads) that has been pestering (in similar
>amounts and 24/7) some German-speaking, DE.* newsgroups.

"since Nov. 1" . . . notably first day that alt.comp.freeware stopped
getting googlespammed . . . abavia.com geo location 12E25:12,43N54:18,
probably not a regular stop along tourist routes . . . seems the spam
attacks are orchestrated and administered among (un?)willing culprits

Re: New flood

<829p4n4n-osos-s024-rp55-5q88n4rnqr07@zvaqfcevat.pbz>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3624&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#3624

From: dritz@mindspring.com (David Ritz)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 19:05:40 -0600
 by: David Ritz - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 01:05 UTC

On Thursday, 09 November 2023 08:33 +0100,
in article <uii1vj$23j24$1@dont-email.me>,
Lutz Beck <me@privacy.net> wrote:

> On 08.11.2023 17:18, The Doctor wrote:
>
> > Which groups are affected?
>
> AFAI am concerned especially sci.lang. BTW, now the same spammer's
> software has been making use of various disseminators - for almost each
> spam post a different server, i.e., each message bears a different IP
> number in its header / "injection-info". e.g.:
>
> 5.182.110.197
> 102.129.235.85
> 173.195.15.239
> 212.102.49.206
> 146.70.38.55
> 216.131.88.41
> 216.131.104.15
> 209.107.196.81
> 103.175.51.183
> 95.181.237.20

These appear to all be VPNs running anonymizing forwarding proxies.

Look ups via https://spur.us/context/$IP .

--
David Ritz <dritz@mindspring.com>
Be kind to animals; kiss a shark.

Re: New flood

<9c1dd566a6844f3466a9e8d05b06b58f@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3625&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#3625

From: J@M (D)
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 06:07:11 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
 by: D - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 05:07 UTC

On Thu, 9 Nov 2023 19:05:40 -0600, David Ritz <dritz@mindspring.com> wrote:
>On Thursday, 09 November 2023 08:33 +0100,
> in article <uii1vj$23j24$1@dont-email.me>,
> Lutz Beck <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>> On 08.11.2023 17:18, The Doctor wrote:
>> > Which groups are affected?
>> AFAI am concerned especially sci.lang. BTW, now the same spammer's
>> software has been making use of various disseminators - for almost each
>> spam post a different server, i.e., each message bears a different IP
>> number in its header / "injection-info". e.g.:
>> 5.182.110.197
>> 102.129.235.85
>> 173.195.15.239
>> 212.102.49.206
>> 146.70.38.55
>> 216.131.88.41
>> 216.131.104.15
>> 209.107.196.81
>> 103.175.51.183
>> 95.181.237.20
>
>These appear to all be VPNs running anonymizing forwarding proxies.
>Look ups via https://spur.us/context/$IP .

no idea what their purpose could be for such massive and systematic
spamming of unmoderated usenet newsgroups, relying predominantly on
googlegroups in combination with similarly deaf usenet news servers,
and not only the vast quantity but unequivocally detestable content
which altogether must be part of a much larger propaganda operation

(using Tor Browser 13.0.1)
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=lookup+ip+VPN+proxy+tor

Re: New flood

<uikv1l$28v3e$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3626&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#3626

From: Doug@hyperspace.vogon.gov (Andrew)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 11:01:25 +0100
 by: Andrew - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 10:01 UTC

D wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Nov 2023 19:05:40 -0600, David Ritz <dritz@mindspring.com> wrote:
>> On Thursday, 09 November 2023 08:33 +0100,
>> in article <uii1vj$23j24$1@dont-email.me>,
>> Lutz Beck <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>>> AFAI am concerned especially sci.lang. BTW, now the same spammer's
>>> software has been making use of various disseminators - for almost each
>>> spam post a different server, i.e., each message bears a different IP
>>> number in its header / "injection-info". e.g.:
>>> 5.182.110.197
>>> 102.129.235.85
>>> 173.195.15.239
>>> 212.102.49.206
>>> 146.70.38.55
>>> 216.131.88.41
>>> 216.131.104.15
>>> 209.107.196.81
>>> 103.175.51.183
>>> 95.181.237.20
>>
>> These appear to all be VPNs running anonymizing forwarding proxies.
>> Look ups via https://spur.us/context/$IP .
>
> no idea what their purpose could be for such massive and systematic
> spamming of unmoderated usenet newsgroups, relying predominantly on
> googlegroups in combination with similarly deaf usenet news servers,
> and not only the vast quantity but unequivocally detestable content
> which altogether must be part of a much larger propaganda operation
>
> (using Tor Browser 13.0.1)
> https://duckduckgo.com/?q=lookup+ip+VPN+proxy+tor

I see it as a DOS attack, probably initiated by one of the trolls which
have infested Usenet for years.

Re: New flood

<rticnd3WfoPsl9P4nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3627&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#3627

Sender: <pierre@tanglefoot.localdomain>
From: none@none.com (Pierre)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 10:48:17 +0000
 by: Pierre - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 10:48 UTC

The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
> In article <uifg2h$1gqqm$1@dont-email.me>, Lutz Beck <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>>New flood (seemingly by the same source) with spam referring
>>to all kind of ... software (tools and for entertainment),
>>which has been ... "cracked" ("free licenses", "free serial
>>numbers", "full episodes", "dubbing"/"subtitles" in other
>>languages, such as (Hindi, Tagalog"). And by making use of
>>far more free-access servers, many (most??) of them being
>>located rather in Europe and North America. Many if not all
>>of them seemingly being coordinated by a NYC-based company:
>>Strong Technology LLC ("AS54203"). This one deals with free
>>hosting, VPN & the like. Methinks, complaint messages or
>>a mere "inquiry" to their Big Apple HQs might help.
>>
>>Lutz
>
> Which groups are affected?

comp.text.tex is being heavily flooded, which is a shame as it is still an
active group.

Re: New flood

<f5f9128a23edfa3a900f905ad4d7610f@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3628&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#3628

From: J@M (D)
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 13:15:53 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
 by: D - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 12:15 UTC

On Fri, 10 Nov 2023 11:01:25 +0100, Andrew <Doug@hyperspace.vogon.gov> wrote:
>D wrote:
>> On Thu, 9 Nov 2023 19:05:40 -0600, David Ritz <dritz@mindspring.com> wrote:
>>> On Thursday, 09 November 2023 08:33 +0100,
>>> in article <uii1vj$23j24$1@dont-email.me>,
>>> These appear to all be VPNs running anonymizing forwarding proxies.
>>> Look ups via https://spur.us/context/$IP .
>>
>> no idea what their purpose could be for such massive and systematic
>> spamming of unmoderated usenet newsgroups, relying predominantly on
>> googlegroups in combination with similarly deaf usenet news servers,
>> and not only the vast quantity but unequivocally detestable content
>> which altogether must be part of a much larger propaganda operation
>>
>> (using Tor Browser 13.0.1)
>> https://duckduckgo.com/?q=lookup+ip+VPN+proxy+tor
>
>I see it as a DOS attack, probably initiated by one of the trolls which
>have infested Usenet for years.

right . . . there's nothing to see here . . . keep moving . . . keep moving . . .

Re: New flood

<7273869657e3ffddc01368755c3b8fda@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3629&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#3629

From: J@M (D)
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 13:57:46 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
 by: D - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 12:57 UTC

On Fri, 10 Nov 2023 10:48:17 +0000, Pierre <none@none.com> wrote:
>The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
>> In article <uifg2h$1gqqm$1@dont-email.me>, Lutz Beck <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>>>New flood (seemingly by the same source) with spam referring
>>>to all kind of ... software (tools and for entertainment),
>>>which has been ... "cracked" ("free licenses", "free serial
>>>numbers", "full episodes", "dubbing"/"subtitles" in other
>>>languages, such as (Hindi, Tagalog"). And by making use of
>>>far more free-access servers, many (most??) of them being
>>>located rather in Europe and North America. Many if not all
>>>of them seemingly being coordinated by a NYC-based company:
>>>Strong Technology LLC ("AS54203"). This one deals with free
>>>hosting, VPN & the like. Methinks, complaint messages or
>>>a mere "inquiry" to their Big Apple HQs might help.
>>>
>>>Lutz
>>
>> Which groups are affected?
>
>comp.text.tex is being heavily flooded, which is a shame as it is still an
>active group.

in < comp.text.tex > all message-id and reference headers containing
"googlegroups.com" total over **forty seven thousand** (47165) since
3 Oct 2023, with over **forty one thousand** (41066) of these since
1 Nov 2023 and counting . . . otherwise this group looks active and
interesting, e.g. "CTAN ... TeX user groups ... https://ctan.org" ...

Re: New flood

<uilg75$2nq$31@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3630&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#3630

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 14:54:29 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 14:54 UTC

In article <rticnd3WfoPsl9P4nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@giganews.com>,
Pierre <none@none.com> wrote:
>The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
>> In article <uifg2h$1gqqm$1@dont-email.me>, Lutz Beck <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>>>New flood (seemingly by the same source) with spam referring
>>>to all kind of ... software (tools and for entertainment),
>>>which has been ... "cracked" ("free licenses", "free serial
>>>numbers", "full episodes", "dubbing"/"subtitles" in other
>>>languages, such as (Hindi, Tagalog"). And by making use of
>>>far more free-access servers, many (most??) of them being
>>>located rather in Europe and North America. Many if not all
>>>of them seemingly being coordinated by a NYC-based company:
>>>Strong Technology LLC ("AS54203"). This one deals with free
>>>hosting, VPN & the like. Methinks, complaint messages or
>>>a mere "inquiry" to their Big Apple HQs might help.
>>>
>>>Lutz
>>
>> Which groups are affected?
>
>comp.text.tex is being heavily flooded, which is a shame as it is still an
>active group.

More for solcail media blasting!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca