<james> abuse me. I'm so lame I sent a bug report to debian-devel-changes -- Seen on #Debian

computers / misc.phone.mobile.iphone / Re: the shitshow

SubjectAuthor
* the shitshow*Hemidactylus*
+- Re: the shitshowAlan Browne
+* Re: the shitshowChris Schram
|`- Re: the shitshowHank Rogers
`- Re: the shitshowJoerg Lorenz

1
the shitshow

<RpKcnfP0jfL54x75nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3619&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#3619

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: the shitshow
From: ecphoric@allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2023 19:32:52 +0000
 by: *Hemidactylus* - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 19:32 UTC

We’ve had a sewage leak from other newsgroups that doesn’t seem to be
slowing. I guess the shitshow is the point.

Re: the shitshow

<5fLgM.16199$d1y5.13885@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3620&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#3620

Subject: Re: the shitshow
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 15:40:49 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 19:40 UTC

On 2023-06-09 15:32, *Hemidactylus* wrote:
> We’ve had a sewage leak from other newsgroups that doesn’t seem to be
> slowing. I guess the shitshow is the point.

Filters are your friend.

--
“If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything."
-Ronald Coase

Re: the shitshow

<u600h8$14afk$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3621&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#3621

Followup: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: chrispam1@me.com (Chris Schram)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 20:02:48 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Chris Schram - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 20:02 UTC

On 2023-06-09, *Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote:
> We’ve had a sewage leak from other newsgroups that doesn’t seem to be
> slowing. I guess the shitshow is the point.

Exactly. The shitshow IS the point. There are pranksters out there who
revel in this kind of stunt.

What do…
Newsgroups:
misc.phone.mobile.iphone,talk.politics.guns,comp.os.linux.advocacy
,alt.atheism
… have in common? The answer is practically NOTHING.

People, trim your Newsgroups header. If you really want to engage with
the Faux News lunatic fringe, at the very least, remove
misc.phone.mobile.iphone from your Newsgroups header, and subscribe to
one of those other groups..

If you can't see the Newsgroups header, learn how to make it visible.

If you don't know how to edit the Newsgroups header, learn how.

This old man came here to learn about the workings of the iPhone his
daughter gave him for Christmas.

--
chrispam1@me.com is a filtered spam magnet. Email replies may be lost.
You're better off replying to this newsgroup.

Re: the shitshow

<wiMgM.832$%6L8.421@fx04.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3622&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#3622

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: hank@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 15:52:37 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 20:52 UTC

Chris Schram wrote:
> On 2023-06-09, *Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote:
>> We’ve had a sewage leak from other newsgroups that doesn’t seem to be
>> slowing. I guess the shitshow is the point.
>
> Exactly. The shitshow IS the point. There are pranksters out there who
> revel in this kind of stunt.
>
> What do…
> Newsgroups:
> misc.phone.mobile.iphone,talk.politics.guns,comp.os.linux.advocacy
> ,alt.atheism
> … have in common? The answer is practically NOTHING.
>
> People, trim your Newsgroups header. If you really want to engage with
> the Faux News lunatic fringe, at the very least, remove
> misc.phone.mobile.iphone from your Newsgroups header, and subscribe to
> one of those other groups..
>
> If you can't see the Newsgroups header, learn how to make it visible.
>
> If you don't know how to edit the Newsgroups header, learn how.
>
> This old man came here to learn about the workings of the iPhone his
> daughter gave him for Christmas.

Me too, except wife got it for me last summer.

But it's hard to learn anything here, because this group is
mostly about endless quarreling over minuscule apple related
tidbits. Once in a while, you get lucky though.

There has always been plenty shit slinging and sewage here
without help from other groups :)

Even the apple apologists frequently quarrel with each other. I
don't know why apple is so damn contentious.

Re: the shitshow

<u6053v$14cdv$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3623&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#3623

From: hugybear@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 23:21:03 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 21:21 UTC

Am 09.06.23 um 21:32 schrieb *Hemidactylus*:
> We’ve had a sewage leak from other newsgroups that doesn’t seem to be
> slowing. I guess the shitshow is the point.

I do not see these postings and threads. The most powerful filter being
my Blacklist of X-posting groups containing
talk.politics.guns,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.atheism and some more like
the popular one with these idiots and trolls alt.fan.rush-limbaugh.

I see this traffic only in my log-files.
Best is to ignore them and not feeding them under any circumstances.

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

computers / misc.phone.mobile.iphone / Re: the shitshow