It's computer hardware, of course it's worth having <g> -- Espy on #Debian

computers / microsoft.public.windowsxp.general / Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" Junk

SubjectAuthor
* Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" JunkHarry
+* Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" JunkMayayana
|`- Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" JunkHarry
+* Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" JunkPaul in Houston TX
|+- Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" JunkHarry
|`* Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" JunkHarry
| `* Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" JunkPaul in Houston TX
|  `* Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" JunkHarry
|   +- Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" JunkPaul in Houston TX
|   `- Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" JunkPaul in Houston TX
+* Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" JunkAnt
|`* Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" JunkHarry
| `* Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" JunkAnt
|  `- Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" JunkHarry
`* Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" JunkDK

1
Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" Junk

<bk1jjh152se6jnhueo7fmh3fgjqktn73hi@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3712&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#3712

From: Harry@justhere.com
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 07:40:19 -0500
 by: Harry@justhere.com - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 12:40 UTC

I use Sygate Personal Firewall on my XP machine to keep programs from
calling home.

Which simple firewall can I use on My Win 7 Pro comp to keep proggies
from sending out info?

I'm not looking for complexity. Just something simple.

I don't trust most "free" stuff like Comodo, etc., because that crap
in more spyware than protection.

Thanks.

Re: Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" Junk

<thcp4b$1q4g5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3713&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#3713

From: mayayana@invalid.nospam (Mayayana)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 15:33:30 -0400
 by: Mayayana - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 19:33 UTC

<Harry@justhere.com> wrote

| Which simple firewall can I use on My Win 7 Pro comp to keep proggies
| from sending out info?

I use Online Armour Free on XP.

Private Firewall 7 on 7:

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/privatefirewall.html

On 10 I think I have Tiny Firewall 2.1.8. They all allow
me to restrict by process.

Re: Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" Junk

<o65kjhh4l18nc3qav6ou9fijbef1qait6d@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3714&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#3714

From: Harry@justhere.com
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 17:47:57 -0500
 by: Harry@justhere.com - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 22:47 UTC

On Sun, 2 Oct 2022 15:33:30 -0400, "Mayayana"
<mayayana@invalid.nospam> wrote:

><Harry@justhere.com> wrote
>
>| Which simple firewall can I use on My Win 7 Pro comp to keep proggies
>| from sending out info?
>|

>I use Online Armour Free on XP.
>
>Private Firewall 7 on 7:
>
>https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/privatefirewall.html
>
> On 10 I think I have Tiny Firewall 2.1.8. They all allow
>me to restrict by process.

I'll check it out.

Thanks.

Re: Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" Junk

<thd638$1sq4p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3715&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#3715

From: Paul@Houston.Texas (Paul in Houston TX)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 18:15:50 -0500
 by: Paul in Houston TX - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 23:15 UTC

Harry@justhere.com wrote:
> I use Sygate Personal Firewall on my XP machine to keep programs from
> calling home.
>
> Which simple firewall can I use on My Win 7 Pro comp to keep proggies
> from sending out info?
>
> I'm not looking for complexity. Just something simple.
>
> I don't trust most "free" stuff like Comodo, etc., because that crap
> in more spyware than protection.
>
> Thanks.

I have used Zone Alarm version 9.2.102.000 on W7 for years.
I've checked out others and always come back to the old ZA.
Don't bother with any ZA newer than that. IMO it's become spam, sales,
collect all your info, wear since then.
What you listed is what I use it for.

Re: Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" Junk

<gnakjhltd89k2hg40hfesc3djofk2s9sd0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3716&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#3716

From: Harry@justhere.com
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 19:24:19 -0500
 by: Harry@justhere.com - Mon, 3 Oct 2022 00:24 UTC

On Sun, 2 Oct 2022 18:15:50 -0500, Paul in Houston TX
<Paul@Houston.Texas> wrote:

>Harry@justhere.com wrote:
>> I use Sygate Personal Firewall on my XP machine to keep programs from
>> calling home.
>>
>> Which simple firewall can I use on My Win 7 Pro comp to keep proggies
>> from sending out info?
>>
>> I'm not looking for complexity. Just something simple.
>>
>> I don't trust most "free" stuff like Comodo, etc., because that crap
>> in more spyware than protection.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
>I have used Zone Alarm version 9.2.102.000 on W7 for years.
>I've checked out others and always come back to the old ZA.
>Don't bother with any ZA newer than that. IMO it's become spam, sales,
>collect all your info, wear since then.
>What you listed is what I use it for.

Yeah, I found out a while back about how almost all "updates" of old,
reliable proggies became spyware. I also stay with many of the
"oldies".

I'll find that oldie of ZA and see how it goes.

Thanks.

Re: Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" Junk

<YVCdnVpdrotjsKf-nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3717&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#3717

From: ant@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2022 00:34:06 +0000
 by: Ant - Mon, 3 Oct 2022 00:34 UTC

Outpost Free 2009 is what I used back then. I used to use Kerio Personal
Firewall, but it kept blue screening.

--
Done with short neat Superhot game! Lots of new medias these days. Still dang old allergies, mosquito bites, and bodies. :(
| |o o| |

Re: Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" Junk

<vvckjhhhjfa3kmifumvlt931t11t4dfkk9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3718&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#3718

From: Harry@justhere.com
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 20:01:31 -0500
 by: Harry@justhere.com - Mon, 3 Oct 2022 01:01 UTC

On Mon, 03 Oct 2022 00:34:06 +0000, ant@zimage.comANT (Ant) wrote:

>Harry@justhere.com wrote:
>> I use Sygate Personal Firewall on my XP machine to keep programs from
>> calling home.
>
>> Which simple firewall can I use on My Win 7 Pro comp to keep proggies
>> from sending out info?
>
>> I'm not looking for complexity. Just something simple.
>
>> I don't trust most "free" stuff like Comodo, etc., because that crap
>> in more spyware than protection.
>
>> Thanks.

>Outpost Free 2009 is what I used back then. I used to use Kerio Personal
>Firewall, but it kept blue screening.

I also did try both of those in the day, but Win 7 is a different
animal.

Re: Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" Junk

<vvdkjhtb8ig1tn51b51mkc0a0g3tbj5p49@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3719&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#3719

From: Harry@justhere.com
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 20:19:04 -0500
 by: Harry@justhere.com - Mon, 3 Oct 2022 01:19 UTC

<Paul@Houston.Texas> wrote:

>Harry@justhere.com wrote:
>> I use Sygate Personal Firewall on my XP machine to keep programs from
>> calling home.
>>
>> Which simple firewall can I use on My Win 7 Pro comp to keep proggies
>> from sending out info?
>>
>> I'm not looking for complexity. Just something simple.
>>
>> I don't trust most "free" stuff like Comodo, etc., because that crap
>> in more spyware than protection.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
>I have used Zone Alarm version 9.2.102.000 on W7 for years.
>I've checked out others and always come back to the old ZA.
>Don't bother with any ZA newer than that. IMO it's become spam, sales,
>collect all your info, wear since then.
>What you listed is what I use it for.

Found it here:
https://filehippo.com/download_zonealarm-free-firewall/9.2.102.000/

Do you run ZA with Windows 7 firewall on or off?

Re: Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" Junk

<thdupo$23put$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3720&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#3720

From: Paul@Houston.Texas (Paul in Houston TX)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2022 01:17:26 -0500
 by: Paul in Houston TX - Mon, 3 Oct 2022 06:17 UTC

Harry@justhere.com wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Oct 2022 18:15:50 -0500, Paul in Houston TX
> <Paul@Houston.Texas> wrote:
>
>> Harry@justhere.com wrote:
>>> I use Sygate Personal Firewall on my XP machine to keep programs from
>>> calling home.
>>>
>>> Which simple firewall can I use on My Win 7 Pro comp to keep proggies
>>> from sending out info?
>>>
>>> I'm not looking for complexity. Just something simple.
>>>
>>> I don't trust most "free" stuff like Comodo, etc., because that crap
>>> in more spyware than protection.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>
>> I have used Zone Alarm version 9.2.102.000 on W7 for years.
>> I've checked out others and always come back to the old ZA.
>> Don't bother with any ZA newer than that. IMO it's become spam, sales,
>> collect all your info, wear since then.
>> What you listed is what I use it for.
>
> Found it here:
> https://filehippo.com/download_zonealarm-free-firewall/9.2.102.000/
>
> Do you run ZA with Windows 7 firewall on or off?

I almost forgot, the initial install also has a garbage ware option so
be sure to not install it. Pull the plug on the web before installing.
Let it auto find all the programs. You can change options later.

I ALWAYS have ZA running. You can set it for individual items. If I
install software I use ZA to turn off the internet first. Used to use
ZA on XP too but forgot the version number.
I've cross checked with WireShark, tcpview, cports, etc, and ZA seems to
be secure. It does not call home unless you specifically let it.

Re: Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" Junk

<rtlljhhnovkdovksluu1pq4bh63gctaegl@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3721&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#3721

From: Harry@justhere.com
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2022 07:49:36 -0500
 by: Harry@justhere.com - Mon, 3 Oct 2022 12:49 UTC

On Mon, 3 Oct 2022 01:17:26 -0500, Paul in Houston TX
<Paul@Houston.Texas> wrote:

>Harry@justhere.com wrote:
>> On Sun, 2 Oct 2022 18:15:50 -0500, Paul in Houston TX
>> <Paul@Houston.Texas> wrote:

>>> I have used Zone Alarm version 9.2.102.000 on W7 for years.
>>> I've checked out others and always come back to the old ZA.
>>> Don't bother with any ZA newer than that. IMO it's become spam, sales,
>>> collect all your info, wear since then.
>>> What you listed is what I use it for.
>>
>> Found it here:
>> https://filehippo.com/download_zonealarm-free-firewall/9.2.102.000/
>>
>> Do you run ZA with Windows 7 firewall on or off?
>
>I almost forgot, the initial install also has a garbage ware option so
>be sure to not install it. Pull the plug on the web before installing.
>Let it auto find all the programs. You can change options later.

I always check for add-on junk when installing. Although, I don't
trust they always are going to tell you the truth. That's why I do a
System Restore and a registry save with Erunt before installing new
stuff. And, if the program is a really "complicated" one that could
wreak havoc, I do an AOMEI backup of the C: to an external HD drive.
This has saved me more than once. It ain't that I couldn't afford some
shop to put Windows back on a wreaked box, but re-installing tons of
proggies back onto the C: is one of the biggest p.i.a. deals ever.

>I ALWAYS have ZA running. You can set it for individual items. If I
>install software I use ZA to turn off the internet first. Used to use
>ZA on XP too but forgot the version number.
>I've cross checked with WireShark, tcpview, cports, etc, and ZA seems to
>be secure. It does not call home unless you specifically let it.

My question was: Do you keep Widows 7 firewall running with ZA? I
know they say you shouldn't do that, but I do this with my XP firewall
running concurrently with Sygate and there doesn't seem to be any
problem.

?

Re: Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" Junk

<89a08f80-bf9c-b7d1-380f-f1e937de3fbd@Houston.Texas>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3723&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#3723

From: Paul@Houston.Texas (Paul in Houston TX)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2022 18:57:38 -0500
 by: Paul in Houston TX - Mon, 3 Oct 2022 23:57 UTC

Harry@justhere.com wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Oct 2022 01:17:26 -0500, Paul in Houston TX
> <Paul@Houston.Texas> wrote:
>
>> Harry@justhere.com wrote:

>>> Found it here:
>>> https://filehippo.com/download_zonealarm-free-firewall/9.2.102.000/
>>>
>>> Do you run ZA with Windows 7 firewall on or off?
>>
>> I almost forgot, the initial install also has a garbage ware option so
>> be sure to not install it. Pull the plug on the web before installing.
>> Let it auto find all the programs. You can change options later.
>
> I always check for add-on junk when installing. Although, I don't
> trust they always are going to tell you the truth. That's why I do a
> System Restore and a registry save with Erunt before installing new
> stuff. And, if the program is a really "complicated" one that could
> wreak havoc, I do an AOMEI backup of the C: to an external HD drive.
> This has saved me more than once. It ain't that I couldn't afford some
> shop to put Windows back on a wreaked box, but re-installing tons of
> proggies back onto the C: is one of the biggest p.i.a. deals ever.
>
>> I ALWAYS have ZA running. You can set it for individual items. If I
>> install software I use ZA to turn off the internet first. Used to use
>> ZA on XP too but forgot the version number.
>> I've cross checked with WireShark, tcpview, cports, etc, and ZA seems to
>> be secure. It does not call home unless you specifically let it.
>>

> My question was: Do you keep Widows 7 firewall running with ZA? I
> know they say you shouldn't do that, but I do this with my XP firewall
> running concurrently with Sygate and there doesn't seem to be any
> problem.
>
> ?

Oh... I see. I turned off W7 default firewall years ago when I settled
on ZA. Having both is really unnecessary and probably not wise.
ZA is so much better then the Windows orig.

Re: Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" Junk

<thfsu5$2beh9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3724&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#3724

From: Paul@Houston.Texas (Paul in Houston TX)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2022 18:57:52 -0500

Harry@justhere.com wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Oct 2022 01:17:26 -0500, Paul in Houston TX
> <Paul@Houston.Texas> wrote:
>
>> Harry@justhere.com wrote:

>>> Found it here:
>>> https://filehippo.com/download_zonealarm-free-firewall/9.2.102.000/
>>>
>>> Do you run ZA with Windows 7 firewall on or off?
>>
>> I almost forgot, the initial install also has a garbage ware option so
>> be sure to not install it. Pull the plug on the web before installing.
>> Let it auto find all the programs. You can change options later.
>
> I always check for add-on junk when installing. Although, I don't
> trust they always are going to tell you the truth. That's why I do a
> System Restore and a registry save with Erunt before installing new
> stuff. And, if the program is a really "complicated" one that could
> wreak havoc, I do an AOMEI backup of the C: to an external HD drive.
> This has saved me more than once. It ain't that I couldn't afford some
> shop to put Windows back on a wreaked box, but re-installing tons of
> proggies back onto the C: is one of the biggest p.i.a. deals ever.
>
>> I ALWAYS have ZA running. You can set it for individual items. If I
>> install software I use ZA to turn off the internet first. Used to use
>> ZA on XP too but forgot the version number.
>> I've cross checked with WireShark, tcpview, cports, etc, and ZA seems to
>> be secure. It does not call home unless you specifically let it.
>>

> My question was: Do you keep Widows 7 firewall running with ZA? I
> know they say you shouldn't do that, but I do this with my XP firewall
> running concurrently with Sygate and there doesn't seem to be any
> problem.
>
> ?

Oh... I see. I turned off W7 default firewall years ago when I settled
on ZA. Having both is really unnecessary and probably not wise.
ZA is so much better then the Windows orig.

Re: Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" Junk

<wVmdndDGlPv0U6b-nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3725&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#3725

From: ant@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 06:10:49 +0000
 by: Ant - Tue, 4 Oct 2022 06:10 UTC

Harry@justhere.com wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Oct 2022 00:34:06 +0000, ant@zimage.comANT (Ant) wrote:

> >Harry@justhere.com wrote:
> >> I use Sygate Personal Firewall on my XP machine to keep programs from
> >> calling home.
> >
> >> Which simple firewall can I use on My Win 7 Pro comp to keep proggies
> >> from sending out info?
> >
> >> I'm not looking for complexity. Just something simple.
> >
> >> I don't trust most "free" stuff like Comodo, etc., because that crap
> >> in more spyware than protection.
> >
> >> Thanks.

> >Outpost Free 2009 is what I used back then. I used to use Kerio Personal
> >Firewall, but it kept blue screening.
> >

> I also did try both of those in the day, but Win 7 is a different
> animal.

For my 64-bit W7 HPE (we're in Windows XP newsgroup), I used PC Tools
Firewall v7.
--
Monday started somewhat slammy and then got slower. Still dang old spams, allergies, mosquito bites, bodies, etc. though. :(
| |o o| |

Re: Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" Junk

<lvnnjhpgf6lkfaq9asoeqte0pp4c5iumiv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3726&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#3726

From: Harry@justhere.com
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 02:27:42 -0500
 by: Harry@justhere.com - Tue, 4 Oct 2022 07:27 UTC

On Tue, 04 Oct 2022 06:10:49 +0000, ant@zimage.comANT (Ant) wrote:

>Harry@justhere.com wrote:

>> >Outpost Free 2009 is what I used back then. I used to use Kerio Personal
>> >Firewall, but it kept blue screening.
>> >

>> I also did try both of those in the day, but Win 7 is a different
>> animal.
>
>For my 64-bit W7 HPE (we're in Windows XP newsgroup), I used PC Tools
>Firewall v7.

Ha! I'm so used to using the XP group it never occurred to me for a
moment that I was using it for a Win 7 question. :o)

Re: Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" Junk

<7rqnjhlseii6g175kpteet1usq5lh60ab9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3727&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#3727

From: Harry@justhere.com
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 03:22:50 -0500
 by: Harry@justhere.com - Tue, 4 Oct 2022 08:22 UTC

On Sun, 02 Oct 2022 07:40:19 -0500, Harry@justhere.com wrote:

>I use Sygate Personal Firewall on my XP machine to keep programs from
>calling home.
>
>Which simple firewall can I use on My Win 7 Pro comp to keep proggies
>from sending out info?
>
>I'm not looking for complexity. Just something simple.
>
>I don't trust most "free" stuff like Comodo, etc., because that crap
>in more spyware than protection.
>
>Thanks.

Problem solved.

Thanks for all the help, but I finally said to heck with loading up
more software onto my Windows 7 machine. I went instead with learning
to use the Win 7 firewall to block in/out proggies.

It wasn't too hard. A nose bleed or two, an ibuprofen or two for the
headaches, and I now know how to use that part of the Win 7 firewall.

Thanks again. I appreciate the help. : o)

Re: Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" Junk

<thqfke$3uda1$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3732&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#3732

From: dk@no.email.thankstospam.net (DK)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2022 00:18:22 GMT
 by: DK - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 00:18 UTC

In article <bk1jjh152se6jnhueo7fmh3fgjqktn73hi@4ax.com>, Harry@justhere.com wrote:
>I use Sygate Personal Firewall on my XP machine to keep programs from
>calling home.
>
>Which simple firewall can I use on My Win 7 Pro comp to keep proggies
>from sending out info?
>
>I'm not looking for complexity. Just something simple.
>
>I don't trust most "free" stuff like Comodo, etc., because that crap
>in more spyware than protection.

Tiny Personal Firewall is what I use for the same purpose.
Super simple and does the job.

DK

Re: Subject: Need Simple Firewall For "Calling Home" Junk

<h0k1kh1p12vgbkvvr36d918ik0fu4cm228@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3733&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#3733

From: Harry@justhere.com
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 20:19:57 -0500
 by: Harry@justhere.com - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 01:19 UTC

On Sat, 08 Oct 2022 00:18:22 GMT, dk@no.email.thankstospam.net (DK)
wrote:

>In article <bk1jjh152se6jnhueo7fmh3fgjqktn73hi@4ax.com>, Harry@justhere.com wrote:
>>I use Sygate Personal Firewall on my XP machine to keep programs from
>>calling home.
>>
>>Which simple firewall can I use on My Win 7 Pro comp to keep proggies
>>from sending out info?
>>
>>I'm not looking for complexity. Just something simple.
>>
>>I don't trust most "free" stuff like Comodo, etc., because that crap
>>in more spyware than protection.
>
>Tiny Personal Firewall is what I use for the same purpose.
>Super simple and does the job.
>
>DK

I decided to learn how to use the native Win 7 firewall. It works
great once you figure it out.