Life is difficult because it is non-linear.

computers / comp.mobile.ipad / Re: Junk filtering

SubjectAuthor
* Junk filteringEd Cryer
+* Re: Junk filteringsobriquet
|`* Re: Junk filteringEd Cryer
| +- Re: Junk filteringEd Cryer
| +- Re: Junk filteringJolly Roger
| `* Re: Junk filteringsobriquet
|  `- Re: Junk filteringEd Cryer
`* Re: Junk filteringMister Johnson
 `- Re: Junk filteringEd Cryer

1
Junk filtering

<usscco$100l4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3758&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3758

From: ed@somewhere.in.the.uk (Ed Cryer)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Junk filtering
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 14:14:20 +0000
 by: Ed Cryer - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 14:14 UTC

I belong to a mailing list, from which all posts get routed into Junk. I
constantly move them into Inbox, but the damn Mail program never learns.
My searches around the Web find lots of others with the same problem.

I can't believe Apple haven't implemented a Junk filtering option, but
where is it? It must be somewhere, otherwise how come they go into Junk?

Ed

Re: Junk filtering

<usv7ob$1narp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3760&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3760

From: dohduhdah@yahoo.com (sobriquet)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: Junk filtering
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 17:14:03 +0100
 by: sobriquet - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 16:14 UTC

Op 13/03/2024 om 15:14 schreef Ed Cryer:
> I belong to a mailing list, from which all posts get routed into Junk. I
> constantly move them into Inbox, but the damn Mail program never learns.
> My searches around the Web find lots of others with the same problem.
>
> I can't believe Apple haven't implemented a Junk filtering option, but
> where is it? It must be somewhere, otherwise how come they go into Junk?
>
> Ed

Maybe it also depends on the mail account you're using, like the mail
account from your internet provider or a webmail account.

One option to consider would also be to create a new free webmail
account like a gmail account and testing if it works better if you
switch to receiving the mailinglist messages there.

With a gmail account, you can log in to your account via the browser and
then you have lots more options to configure the mail settings, even
when you normally use the default mail app on the ipad to read emails
(using multiple mail accounts in that app).

Re: Junk filtering

<mOGIN.2242427$tl1.1380692@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3761&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3761

Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad
From: root@example.net (Mister Johnson)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 17:51:14 GMT
 by: Mister Johnson - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 17:51 UTC

On 2024-03-13, Ed Cryer <ed@somewhere.in.the.uk> wrote:
> I belong to a mailing list, from which all posts get routed into Junk. I
> constantly move them into Inbox, but the damn Mail program never learns.
> My searches around the Web find lots of others with the same problem.
>
> I can't believe Apple haven't implemented a Junk filtering option, but
> where is it? It must be somewhere, otherwise how come they go into Junk?
>
> Ed

One doesn't belong to a mailing list: one subscribes.

Re: Junk filtering

<usvhte$1pto4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3762&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3762

From: ed@somewhere.in.the.uk (Ed Cryer)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 19:07:15 +0000
 by: Ed Cryer - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 19:07 UTC

Mister Johnson wrote:
> On 2024-03-13, Ed Cryer <ed@somewhere.in.the.uk> wrote:
>> I belong to a mailing list, from which all posts get routed into Junk. I
>> constantly move them into Inbox, but the damn Mail program never learns.
>> My searches around the Web find lots of others with the same problem.
>>
>> I can't believe Apple haven't implemented a Junk filtering option, but
>> where is it? It must be somewhere, otherwise how come they go into Junk?
>>
>> Ed
>
> One doesn't belong to a mailing list: one subscribes.

And one uses one's brain to think before leaping to immature conclusions
and BS replies.

Ed

Re: Junk filtering

<usvi1j$1pto4$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3763&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3763

From: ed@somewhere.in.the.uk (Ed Cryer)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 19:09:20 +0000
 by: Ed Cryer - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 19:09 UTC

sobriquet wrote:
> Op 13/03/2024 om 15:14 schreef Ed Cryer:
>> I belong to a mailing list, from which all posts get routed into Junk.
>> I constantly move them into Inbox, but the damn Mail program never
>> learns.
>> My searches around the Web find lots of others with the same problem.
>>
>> I can't believe Apple haven't implemented a Junk filtering option, but
>> where is it? It must be somewhere, otherwise how come they go into Junk?
>>
>> Ed
>
> Maybe it also depends on the mail account you're using, like the mail
> account from your internet provider or a webmail account.
>
> One option to consider would also be to create a new free webmail
> account like a gmail account and testing if it works better if you
> switch to receiving the mailinglist messages there.
>
> With a gmail account, you can log in to your account via the browser and
> then you have lots more options to configure the mail settings, even
> when you normally use the default mail app on the ipad to read emails
> (using multiple mail accounts in that app).

It comes through btinternet.com.
Is it possible that they've marked it as junk, and iPad Mail just obeys
and dumps it in the Junk folder?

Ed

Re: Junk filtering

<usvj8n$1q8b9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3764&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3764

From: ed@somewhere.in.the.uk (Ed Cryer)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 19:30:10 +0000
 by: Ed Cryer - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 19:30 UTC

Ed Cryer wrote:
> sobriquet wrote:
>> Op 13/03/2024 om 15:14 schreef Ed Cryer:
>>> I belong to a mailing list, from which all posts get routed into
>>> Junk. I constantly move them into Inbox, but the damn Mail program
>>> never learns.
>>> My searches around the Web find lots of others with the same problem.
>>>
>>> I can't believe Apple haven't implemented a Junk filtering option,
>>> but where is it? It must be somewhere, otherwise how come they go
>>> into Junk?
>>>
>>> Ed
>>
>> Maybe it also depends on the mail account you're using, like the mail
>> account from your internet provider or a webmail account.
>>
>> One option to consider would also be to create a new free webmail
>> account like a gmail account and testing if it works better if you
>> switch to receiving the mailinglist messages there.
>>
>> With a gmail account, you can log in to your account via the browser
>> and then you have lots more options to configure the mail settings,
>> even when you normally use the default mail app on the ipad to read
>> emails
>> (using multiple mail accounts in that app).
>>

> It comes through btinternet.com.
> Is it possible that they've marked it as junk, and iPad Mail just obeys
> and dumps it in the Junk folder?
>
> Ed

I'll wait for the next postings and then go to btinternet online and try
tinkering with the spam filters.

Ed

Re: Junk filtering

<l5h732F6iccU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3765&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3765

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad
Date: 14 Mar 2024 21:04:34 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 21:04 UTC

On 2024-03-14, Ed Cryer <ed@somewhere.in.the.uk> wrote:
> sobriquet wrote:
>> Op 13/03/2024 om 15:14 schreef Ed Cryer:
>>> I belong to a mailing list, from which all posts get routed into
>>> Junk. I constantly move them into Inbox, but the damn Mail program
>>> never learns. My searches around the Web find lots of others with
>>> the same problem.
>>>
>>> I can't believe Apple haven't implemented a Junk filtering option,
>>> but where is it? It must be somewhere, otherwise how come they go
>>> into Junk?
>>
>> Maybe it also depends on the mail account you're using, like the mail
>> account from your internet provider or a webmail account.
>>
>> One option to consider would also be to create a new free webmail
>> account like a gmail account and testing if it works better if you
>> switch to receiving the mailinglist messages there.
>>
>> With a gmail account, you can log in to your account via the browser
>> and then you have lots more options to configure the mail settings,
>> even when you normally use the default mail app on the ipad to read
>> emails (using multiple mail accounts in that app).
>
> It comes through btinternet.com. Is it possible that they've marked
> it as junk, and iPad Mail just obeys and dumps it in the Junk folder?

Yep.

JR

Re: Junk filtering

<ut02dr$1te3o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3766&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3766

From: dohduhdah@yahoo.com (sobriquet)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 00:49:15 +0100
 by: sobriquet - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 23:49 UTC

Op 14/03/2024 om 20:09 schreef Ed Cryer:
> sobriquet wrote:
>> Op 13/03/2024 om 15:14 schreef Ed Cryer:
>>> I belong to a mailing list, from which all posts get routed into
>>> Junk. I constantly move them into Inbox, but the damn Mail program
>>> never learns.
>>> My searches around the Web find lots of others with the same problem.
>>>
>>> I can't believe Apple haven't implemented a Junk filtering option,
>>> but where is it? It must be somewhere, otherwise how come they go
>>> into Junk?
>>>
>>> Ed
>>
>> Maybe it also depends on the mail account you're using, like the mail
>> account from your internet provider or a webmail account.
>>
>> One option to consider would also be to create a new free webmail
>> account like a gmail account and testing if it works better if you
>> switch to receiving the mailinglist messages there.
>>
>> With a gmail account, you can log in to your account via the browser
>> and then you have lots more options to configure the mail settings,
>> even when you normally use the default mail app on the ipad to read
>> emails
>> (using multiple mail accounts in that app).
>>

> It comes through btinternet.com.
> Is it possible that they've marked it as junk, and iPad Mail just obeys
> and dumps it in the Junk folder?
>
> Ed

Most likely you can access your email account via the website of
btinternet.com and they might offer settings that affect the way junk
mail is handled.

Re: Junk filtering

<ut15hc$2780r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3767&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3767

From: ed@somewhere.in.the.uk (Ed Cryer)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 09:47:49 +0000
 by: Ed Cryer - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 09:47 UTC

sobriquet wrote:
> Op 14/03/2024 om 20:09 schreef Ed Cryer:
>> sobriquet wrote:

>>> Maybe it also depends on the mail account you're using, like the mail
>>> account from your internet provider or a webmail account.
>>>
>>> One option to consider would also be to create a new free webmail
>>> account like a gmail account and testing if it works better if you
>>> switch to receiving the mailinglist messages there.
>>>
>>> With a gmail account, you can log in to your account via the browser
>>> and then you have lots more options to configure the mail settings,
>>> even when you normally use the default mail app on the ipad to read
>>> emails
>>> (using multiple mail accounts in that app).
>>>

>> It comes through btinternet.com.
>> Is it possible that they've marked it as junk, and iPad Mail just
>> obeys and dumps it in the Junk folder?
>>
>> Ed
>
> Most likely you can access your email account via the website of
> btinternet.com and they might offer settings that affect the way junk
> mail is handled.

Yes. I've done just that. They have a "Safe Senders" list that you can
add to; just as MS Outlook does. In fact, the whole layout of their
webmail looks like Outlooks.
I've added the domain address, but I'm not sure that will cover it; I
suspect I'll have to add individual posters.

Ed