From: lecoat@atari.org (Francois LE COAT)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.st
Subject: Escher Knot
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2024 17:00:03 +0100
 by: Francois LE COAT - Tue, 6 Feb 2024 16:00 UTC

Hi,
Happy New Year 2024 :-)

I regularly publish surfaces on Sketchfab, exporting them directly
from Eureka 2.12 in VRML2. This is what the Escher knot gives...

https://skfb.ly/D9Mu

But it is also possible to represent the same Escher knot with
MathMod and export it as .OBJ. We can then import it into the
Sketchfab WEB site. This is what it gives...

https://skfb.ly/oQGCn

The difference between Eureka 2.12 and MathMod is that my software
takes into account the color of the facets of the exported object.
The surfaces of Eureka 2.12 can be imported using the MathMod
software which is there:

https://github.com/parisolab/mathmod

I recommend it. It's free software, which is very useful to me.

--
François LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)

Re: Escher Knot

<uq0rrj$3plop$1@newsreader4.netcologne.de>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=379&group=comp.sys.atari.st#379

From: ikinciadi-news@yahoo.de (Michael Eibl)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.st
Subject: Re: Escher Knot
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2024 22:14:27 +0100
 by: Michael Eibl - Wed, 7 Feb 2024 21:14 UTC

It is good to see that there is still life. Thanks for all your work!

Michael

Am 06.02.24 um 17:00 schrieb Francois LE COAT:
> Hi,
> Happy New Year 2024 :-)
>
> I regularly publish surfaces on Sketchfab, exporting them directly
> from Eureka 2.12 in VRML2. This is what the Escher knot gives...
>
>     https://skfb.ly/D9Mu
>
> But it is also possible to represent the same Escher knot with
> MathMod and export it as .OBJ. We can then import it into the
> Sketchfab WEB site. This is what it gives...
>
>     https://skfb.ly/oQGCn
>
> The difference between Eureka 2.12 and MathMod is that my software
> takes into account the color of the facets of the exported object.
> The surfaces of Eureka 2.12 can be imported using the MathMod
> software which is there:
>
>     https://github.com/parisolab/mathmod
>
> I recommend it. It's free software, which is very useful to me.

Re: Escher Knot

<uqg3m5$qgc$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=380&group=comp.sys.atari.st#380

From: lecoat@atari.org (Francois LE COAT)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.st
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 17:00:04 +0100
 by: Francois LE COAT - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 16:00 UTC

Hi,

Michael Eibl writes:
> It is good to see that there is still life. Thanks for all your work!
>
> Francois LE COAT wrote:
>> I regularly publish surfaces on Sketchfab, exporting them directly
>> from Eureka 2.12 in VRML2. This is what the Escher knot gives...
>>
>>      https://skfb.ly/D9Mu
>>
>> But it is also possible to represent the same Escher knot with
>> MathMod and export it as .OBJ. We can then import it into the
>> Sketchfab WEB site. This is what it gives...
>>
>>      https://skfb.ly/oQGCn
>>
>> The difference between Eureka 2.12 and MathMod is that my software
>> takes into account the color of the facets of the exported object.
>> The surfaces of Eureka 2.12 can be imported using the MathMod
>> software which is there:
>>
>>      https://github.com/parisolab/mathmod
>>
>> I recommend it. It's free software, which is very useful to me.

Thank you for the answer. Here is the rest of the story.

It is also possible to represent the same Escher knot with the
Mathematica software and export it to .3DS. We can then import it
on the Sketchfab WEB site. This is what it gives...

https://skfb.ly/oQRpr

The difference between Eureka 2.12 and Mathematica is that my software
takes into account the color of the facets of the exported object. I
don't know if it's possible to do with this kind of software.

Regards,

--
François LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
https://eureka.atari.org/

Re: Escher Knot

<uqio2l$9da8$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=381&group=comp.sys.atari.st#381

From: lecoat@atari.org (Francois LE COAT)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.st
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 17:00:21 +0100
 by: Francois LE COAT - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 16:00 UTC

Hi,

Michael Eibl writes:
>> It is good to see that there is still life. Thanks for all your work!
>>
>> Francois LE COAT wrote:
>>> I regularly publish surfaces on Sketchfab, exporting them directly
>>> from Eureka 2.12 in VRML2. This is what the Escher knot gives...
>>>
>>>      https://skfb.ly/D9Mu
>>>
>>> But it is also possible to represent the same Escher knot with
>>> MathMod and export it as .OBJ. We can then import it into the
>>> Sketchfab WEB site. This is what it gives...
>>>
>>>      https://skfb.ly/oQGCn
>>>
>>> The difference between Eureka 2.12 and MathMod is that my software
>>> takes into account the color of the facets of the exported object.
>>> The surfaces of Eureka 2.12 can be imported using the MathMod
>>> software which is there:
>>>
>>>      https://github.com/parisolab/mathmod
>>>
>>> I recommend it. It's free software, which is very useful to me.
>
> Thank you for the answer. Here is the rest of the story.
>
> It is also possible to represent the same Escher knot with the
> Mathematica software and export it to .3DS. We can then import it
> on the Sketchfab WEB site. This is what it gives...
>
>     https://skfb.ly/oQRpr
>
> The difference between Eureka 2.12 and Mathematica is that my software
> takes into account the color of the facets of the exported object. I
> don't know if it's possible to do with this kind of software.

Giving a color to each facet of a surface allows you to create a 3D
object like this one...

https://skfb.ly/oPExn

It was built with a height field which is a surface with a relief, and
an image, using Eureka 2.12 software. I don't know it can be done with
any other mathematical software, apart from mine. There are other
examples on Sketchfab =)

Regards,