Newsgroups: comp.misc
Subject: Re: China: Government Starts Phasing Out American Processors, Operating Systems on Government Computers
From: albert@spenarnc.xs4all.nl
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 14:12:27 +0100
 by: albert@spenarnc.xs4all.nl - Fri, 29 Mar 2024 13:12 UTC

In article <87h6gqf30h.fsf@eder.anydns.info>,
Andreas Eder <a_eder_muc@web.de> wrote:
>On Do 28 Mär 2024 at 11:22, Governor Swill <governor.swill@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 28 Mar 2024 07:22:14 -0700, John Larkin <jl@997PotHill.com> wrote:

>>>Rigid spelling rules are a fairly new concept. People used to write
>>>anything that sounded about right. Looking at old correspondence, it
>>>was common to have the same word spelled different ways in a single
>>>letter.
>>
>> Early versions of American documents used "f" in place of "s".
>
>That was in all probability not an "f"m but a "long s".

I have a 19th century Dover book of Heuring orgelbouw.
The f and s in this book use the same character.

>'Andreas
>--
>ceterum censeo redmondinem esse delendam
I hate it that a shameless call for genocide is
brainlessly quoted and paraphrased.
--
Don't praise the day before the evening. One swallow doesn't make spring.
You must not say "hey" before you have crossed the bridge. Don't sell the

Re: China: Government Starts Phasing Out American Processors, Operating Systems on Government Computers

<kehd0j1l8caaoip3rtdrlnauujifv10erl@joergwalther.my-fqdn.de>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3981&group=comp.misc#3981

From: joerg.walther@magenta.de (Joerg Walther)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 14:45:53 +0100
 by: Joerg Walther - Fri, 29 Mar 2024 13:45 UTC

albert@spenarnc.xs4all.nl wrote:

>I have a 19th century Dover book of Heuring orgelbouw.
>The f and s in this book use the same character.

They probably don't, but they may look quite similar, see the examples
here:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraktur_(Schrift)#Schreib-_und_Lesehilfe

-jw-