Maybe it's time to break that. -- Larry Wall in <199710311718.JAA19082@wall.org>

computers / comp.misc / Re: Disguised AI bots in social platforms

SubjectAuthor
* Disguised AI bots in social platformsAnton Shepelev
+* Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsRich
|+* Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsAdrian
||`* Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsRich
|| `* Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsKerr-Mudd, John
||  `* Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsRich
||   +* Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsKerr-Mudd, John
||   |`* Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsRich
||   | `* Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsgrinch
||   |  `* Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsJoerg Walther
||   |   +- Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsD
||   |   `* Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsScott Dorsey
||   |    `- Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsJoerg Walther
||   `* Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsgrinch
||    +- Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsRich
||    `- Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsCarlos E.R.
|+- Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsRichard Kettlewell
|`* Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsStefan Ram
| +- Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsSn!pe
| `* Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsAnton Shepelev
|  `- Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsBruce Horrocks
+* Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsRetro Guy
|+- Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsMr Ön!on
|`* Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsAnton Shepelev
| `- Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsRetro Guy
+* Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsPaul
|+- Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformscandycanearter07
|`* Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsJohanne Fairchild
| `- Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsAnton Shepelev
+* Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsDavid LaRue
|`* Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsPaul
| `- Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsScott Dorsey
`* Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsWhite European
 `* Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsgrinch
  +* Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsAnton Shepelev
  |+* Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsMarcel Zant
  ||`- Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsPhil Hendry's Chop Shop
  |`- Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsPhil Hendry's Chop Shop
  `- Re: Disguised AI bots in social platformsPaul

Pages:12
Re: Disguised AI bots in social platforms

<1qr8koo.v9cw1xvifmadN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3990&group=comp.misc#3990

From: snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Subject: Re: Disguised AI bots in social platforms
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 14:13:17 +0000
This article comprises only my personal opinions unless otherwise stated.
May contain traces of nuts.
 by: Sn!pe - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 14:13 UTC

(with apologies for top-posting)
This will probably be a shortcut to my killfile.

--
^Ï^. Sn!pe, PA, FIBS - Professional Crastinator

My pet rock Gordon just is.

Re: Disguised AI bots in social platforms

<8gcg0jlf0b1ign2s73akbjknnpejid14tt@joergwalther.my-fqdn.de>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3991&group=comp.misc#3991

From: joerg.walther@magenta.de (Joerg Walther)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 16:41:39 +0100
 by: Joerg Walther - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 15:41 UTC

Scott Dorsey wrote:

>>Not true. Since Russia started the war on Ukraine most European
>>countries completely stopped importing Russian gas, with the exception
>>of - funnily enough - small Austria.
>
>This is true but it's been a hell of a sacrifice to do so, and a lot
>of people in some countries are complaining.

Gas prices went up by 100%, but the price has now dropped to nearly what
it was before.

-jw-

Re: Disguised AI bots in social platforms

<uu9fav$13o0s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=3992&group=comp.misc#3992

From: rich@example.invalid (Rich)
Newsgroups: comp.misc,alt.free.newsservers,alt.government.employees
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 16:41:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Rich - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 16:41 UTC

In comp.misc grinch <grinch@x.com> wrote:
> On 27 Mar 2024, Rich <rich@example.invalid> posted some
>
>> In comp.misc Kerr-Mudd, John <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>>> On Wed, 27 Mar 2024 17:14:58 -0000 (UTC)
>>> Rich <rich@example.invalid> wrote:
>>>
>>> []

>>> But there are also political types and governments pushing their own
>>> agendas. (Propaganda).
>>
>> There's also a 'financial' incentive there, in that said
>> government/political types want to keep either tax revenue flowing in,
>> or keep their nice cushy job prospects open when they leave their
>> political seat.
>
> Term limits and a two year hard ban from lobbying once exiting office.

Which presents you now with a "fox garding the henhouse" situation. In
most instances the governed would need those who most benefit from not
having these rules in place also be the ones to implement both rules.
And where a politicians benefits are at risk, one can be sure he/she
makes sure he/she has a way to keep those benefits (for example, opting
themselves out of the do-not-call list so many years ago)

Re: Disguised AI bots in social platforms

<20240405171350.b21b4d4140683c06551de636@g{oogle}mail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4015&group=comp.misc#4015

From: anton.txt@g{oogle}mail.com (Anton Shepelev)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,comp.misc
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 17:13:50 +0300
 by: Anton Shepelev - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 14:13 UTC

grinch:

> If you want to cripple a country these days, just fire
> some rockets into data centers. That is the inherent
> weakness of the "cloud".

Then Russia has failed miserably in crippling Ukraine,
despite its overwhelming advantage in ballistic missiles. Or
did not try to.

/\ www.asciiribbon.org -- against proprietary attachments

Re: Disguised AI bots in social platforms

<20240405172208.8b203b91d09e2e3c1b0376ae@g{oogle}mail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4016&group=comp.misc#4016

From: anton.txt@g{oogle}mail.com (Anton Shepelev)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 17:22:08 +0300
 by: Anton Shepelev - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 14:22 UTC

Stefan Ram:

> Hey there! I've got some great news to share with you all.
> I've just added a brand new header to my posts, and I'm
> planning to start incorporating it into the body of my
> content as well. This header is going to indicate whether
> the post was written by me or by a chatbot.

> then edited by me

Great: deception through inconspicuous placement of vital
information. After reading two more paragraphs, I got a
hunch and checked the headers in your message. Yeah, I was
right.

/\ www.asciiribbon.org -- against proprietary attachments

Re: Disguised AI bots in social platforms

<uupe36$1h2t3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4017&group=comp.misc#4017

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,comp.misc
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 13:57:56 -0400
 by: Paul - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 17:57 UTC

On 3/30/2024 2:42 AM, grinch wrote:

> If you want to cripple a country these days, just fire some rockets into
> data centers. That is the inherent weakness of the "cloud".

Not the current strategy. You can tell the strategy
is to hack into infrastructure and cripple it. That's
why people are working at breaking into the control
systems on the drinking water supply. And in the
past, on the electricity supply control systems.

That's how some high speed centrifuges were destroyed
underground in Iran.

Precision bombing today, is for sending messages.

https://e3.365dm.com/24/04/2048x1152/skynews-gaza-aid_6508336.jpg?20240402163740

See how personalized the delivery is there ? :-/

Paul

Re: Disguised AI bots in social platforms

<7fca1d75-b637-45b1-9d8b-ac743f4990fc@scorecrow.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4018&group=comp.misc#4018

From: 07.013@scorecrow.com (Bruce Horrocks)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 01:11:07 +0100
 by: Bruce Horrocks - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 00:11 UTC

On 05/04/2024 15:22, Anton Shepelev wrote:
> Stefan Ram:
>
>> Hey there! I've got some great news to share with you all.
>> I've just added a brand new header to my posts, and I'm
>> planning to start incorporating it into the body of my
>> content as well. This header is going to indicate whether
>> the post was written by me or by a chatbot.

>> then edited by me
>
> Great: deception through inconspicuous placement of vital
> information. After reading two more paragraphs, I got a
> hunch and checked the headers in your message. Yeah, I was
> right.

The original's timestamp was close enough to April 1st that I assumed it
was an April Fool.

Please tell me that it *was* an April Fool?

--
Bruce Horrocks
Surrey, England

Re: Disguised AI bots in social platforms

<uus95r$2li3o$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4020&group=comp.misc#4020

From: mzant@_.pl (Marcel Zant)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,comp.misc
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 19:52:28 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Marcel Zant - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 19:52 UTC

Anton Shepelev <anton.txt@g{oogle}mail.com> wrote in

> grinch:
>
>> If you want to cripple a country these days, just fire
>> some rockets into data centers. That is the inherent
>> weakness of the "cloud".
>
> Then Russia has failed miserably in crippling Ukraine,
> despite its overwhelming advantage in ballistic missiles. Or
> did not try to.

Ballistic missiles are an end all. Russia does not want that as it ruins
their expansion plans for thousands of years. They are using Ukraine and
Israel to repay the USA for what Reagan did to them and the Biden
administration is too blind to see it.

Russia is also using Ukraine to get rid of unwanted dissidents, members of
their families, unwanted legacy armaments while gathering expended
weaponry for reverse engineering. Everyone is happily cluelessly
acquiescing to the Russian wishes.

Russia has the upper hand in Europe / Asia.

It's very simple. If Ukraine gets supplies and equipment from Europe,
most of the benefactors must still buy oil and gas from Russia to
manufacture and transport it, even operate it. Whatever the USA sends
incurs double the same costs for import and transport. Russia gets paid
or they cut off the gas during winter.

So who is winning?

Re: Disguised AI bots in social platforms

<20240407033931.8a9681da93e8731c029f87d7@gmail.moc>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4021&group=comp.misc#4021

From: anton.txt@gmail.moc (Anton Shepelev)
Newsgroups: comp.misc,alt.free.newsservers
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 03:39:31 +0300
 by: Anton Shepelev - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 00:39 UTC

Retro Guy to Anton Shepelev:

> Nearly 100% of nocem listings since google left is of
> computer generated posts, but these posts started before
> 22 Feb.

I think there were blocked because they contain SPAM rathern
than because they are computer-generaged...

> > I for one have only one idea: a heterarchical redundant
> > mutual cross verification of users by each other via
> > off- line meetings.
>
> That's a great way to meet a lot of fbi agents.

These should be public meetings, even as Usenet is public.

/\ www.asciiribbon.org -- against proprietary attachments

Re: Disguised AI bots in social platforms

<20240407034145.09cb2baca2939f12183cc975@gmail.moc>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4022&group=comp.misc#4022

From: anton.txt@gmail.moc (Anton Shepelev)
Newsgroups: comp.misc,alt.free.newsservers
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 03:41:45 +0300
 by: Anton Shepelev - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 00:41 UTC

Johanne Fairchild:

> There's so much propaganda that people don't understand
> what it really is and what it can do and not do.

Pray educate us, fair sir, with at lest your theses about AI
is and what it can do.

/\ www.asciiribbon.org -- against proprietary attachments

Re: Disguised AI bots in social platforms

<7171448366d995e898f9e7b3ef3d2095$1@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4023&group=comp.misc#4023

From: retroguy@novabbs.org (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: comp.misc,alt.free.newsservers
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 06:11:38 -0700
 by: Retro Guy - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 13:11 UTC

On Sun, 7 Apr 2024 03:39:31 +0300, Anton Shepelev wrote:

> Retro Guy to Anton Shepelev:
>
>> Nearly 100% of nocem listings since google left is of
>> computer generated posts, but these posts started before
>> 22 Feb.
>
> I think there were blocked because they contain SPAM rathern
> than because they are computer-generaged...

I was referring to articles listed after Google Groups shutdown. For a
time, until Abaivia seems to have disappeared, there were 1,000 or more of
these posts to de.* groups that were listed in nocem. I know, I am one of
the generators of nocem.

For the time after GG, they were nearly 100% of nocem listings.

Re: Disguised AI bots in social platforms

<pf7dekx60f.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4044&group=comp.misc#4044

From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.misc,alt.free.newsservers,alt.government.employees
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2024 15:19:21 +0200
 by: Carlos E.R. - Mon, 8 Apr 2024 13:19 UTC

On 2024-03-30 07:19, grinch wrote:
> On 27 Mar 2024, Rich <rich@example.invalid> posted some
>
>> In comp.misc Kerr-Mudd, John <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>>> On Wed, 27 Mar 2024 17:14:58 -0000 (UTC)
>>> Rich <rich@example.invalid> wrote:
>>>
>>> []

>>> But there are also political types and governments pushing their own
>>> agendas. (Propaganda).
>>
>> There's also a 'financial' incentive there, in that said
>> government/political types want to keep either tax revenue flowing in,
>> or keep their nice cushy job prospects open when they leave their
>> political seat.
>
> Term limits and a two year hard ban from lobbying once exiting office.
> Pass the insider trading ban for everyone in government service, no
> exceptions.
>
>> Granted, it is by far much harder to snip off the finances there
>> (usually involves a revolt and regime change) so those do tend to stay
>> entrenched far longer than one would like.
>
> Cap government jobs at 20 years. Eliminate government hog trough pensions
> where they get paid 130% of what they were making before retirement. Cap
> government pensions at 80% max.

Teachers and doctors are government employees here. Will you actually
harm them that way?

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Disguised AI bots in social platforms

<20240408082414.5fc65f35@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4047&group=comp.misc#4047

From: jon@than.ball (Phil Hendry's Chop Shop)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,comp.misc
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2024 08:24:14 -0600
 by: Phil Hendry's C - Mon, 8 Apr 2024 14:24 UTC

On Sat, 6 Apr 2024 19:52:28 -0000 (UTC)
Marcel Zant <mzant@_.pl> wrote:

> Ballistic missiles are an end all. Russia does not want that as it
> ruins their expansion plans for thousands of years. They are using
> Ukraine and Israel to repay the USA for what Reagan did to them

Why then do we share something as _vital to national security_ as our
SPACE PROGRAM with the Russians?

Why would any nation do something like THAT with their alleged "mortal
frenemies"?

https://www.nasa.gov/history/50-years-ago-the-united-states-and-the-soviet-union-sign-a-space-cooperation-agreement/

"On May 24, 1972, during their summit meeting in Moscow, the leaders of
the United States and the Soviet Union, President Richard M. Nixon and
Premier Aleksei N. Kosygin, signed an agreement on cooperation in
space. One of its articles called for the development of a joint system
to allow their spacecraft to dock with each other in orbit, laying the
groundwork for the Apollo-Soyuz Test Project, the first international
human spaceflight carried out in July 1975."

Wakey, wakey cupcake - not only did Tricky Dick open the door to the
Chicoms he put us in "outer" space with the USSR!

Re: Disguised AI bots in social platforms

<20240408082440.0c141b10@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4048&group=comp.misc#4048

From: jon@than.ball (Phil Hendry's Chop Shop)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,comp.misc
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2024 08:24:40 -0600
 by: Phil Hendry's C - Mon, 8 Apr 2024 14:24 UTC

On Fri, 5 Apr 2024 17:13:50 +0300
Anton Shepelev <anton.txt@g{oogle}mail.com> wrote:

> Russia has failed miserably in crippling Ukraine,
> despite its overwhelming advantage in ballistic missiles. Or
> did not try to.
Why do we share something as vital to national security as our SPACE