From: submissions@telecom-digest.org (The Telecom Digest)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: Implementation of the National Suicide Hotline Improvement Act [telecom]
Date: 14 May 2023 19:54:29 -0400
Sender: alias@iecc.com
 by: The Telecom Digest - Sun, 14 May 2023 23:54 UTC

(This is from an FCC document disclosing "Ex Parte" communications
which are about current matters)

Implementation of the National Suicide Hotline Improvement Act of
2018, WC Docket No. 18-336

Dear Ms. Dortch:

On April 26, 2023, Shannon Scully and Jennifer Snow, National Alliance
on Mental Illness (NAMI), and the undersigned of Winning Strategies
Washington met with Michelle Sclater, Christi Shewman, Rachel Wehr,
and Heather Hendrickson, Federal Communications Commission
(FCC/Commission), Wireline Competition Bureau.

In our meeting, we discussed the Commission's current progress toward
ensuring the routing of calls to the nearest 988 call center based on
a callers physical location. Given the proliferation of wireless
devices, and increasing number of people relying on cell phones,
there is a need to rethink how to identify callers and connect them to
care.

https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/document/104282924102423/1