Philosophy: A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing. -- Ambrose Bierce

computers / news.admin.net-abuse.usenet / Re: Blow me down! That thar FAQ be a decoy. Th' skirvy maintainer deserted his post many yahrs ago.

SubjectAuthor
* Blow me down! That thar FAQ be a decoy. Th' skirvy maintainer deserted his post From the Crow's Nest
+* Blow me down! That thar FAQ be a decoy. Th' skirvy maintainercandycanearter07
|+- Blow me down! That thar FAQ be a decoy. Th' skirvy maintainercandycanearter07
|`- Blow me down! That thar FAQ be a decoy. Th' skirvy maintainer deserted his post Sn!pe
`* Blow me down! That thar FAQ be a decoy. Th' skirvy maintainer deserted his post Sn!pe
 `* Blow me down! That thar FAQ be a decoy. Th' skirvy maintainerCheech
  `* Blow me down! That thar FAQ be a decoy. Th' skirvy maintainer deserted his post Sn!pe
   `- Blow me down! That thar FAQ be a decoy. Th' skirvy maintainercandycanearter07

1
Blow me down! That thar FAQ be a decoy. Th' skirvy maintainer deserted his post many yahrs ago.

<e383aa0b-6831-1224-b077-3cc8253d087d@high-seas.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2576&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#2576

Followup: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
From: from-the-crows-nest@high-seas.invalid (From the Crow's Nest)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet,news.admin.net-abuse.misc
Subject: Blow me down! That thar FAQ be a decoy. Th' skirvy maintainer deserted his post many yahrs ago.
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 07:01:13 -0000
 by: From the Crow's - Tue, 19 Sep 2023 07:01 UTC

Followups set t' news.admin.net-abuse.usenet

> Posting-Frequency: weekly
> Last-modified: 1998/11/10

That thar FAQ now be in need of maintenance fer many a long yahr. But no
maintenance be done since 1998.

> Maintainer: tskirvin@killfile.org (Tim Skirvin)

Thar be no maintainer at his post. Th' rapscallion maintainer deserted
many yahrs ago. Th' weekly FAQ postin' be a decoy t' hornswoggle th'
purser an' crew.

> The newsgroup news.announce.newusers
> <URL:news:news.announce.newusers>

That thar newsgroup be abandoned fer o'er nine yahrs.

> "What is Usenet", by Salzenberg, Spafford and Moraes
> <URL:ftp://ftp.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/what-is/part1>

That thar link be dead fer many a long yahr. Dead as a seaman gone t'
Davy Jones's locker.

No maintainer worth his salt would leave a FAQ like this. Th' FAQ now be
not shipshape & seaworthy. Th' maintainer deserted his post.

> "What is Usenet? A second opinion.", by Vielmetti
> <URL:ftp://ftp.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/what-is/part2>

That thar link also be dead fer many a long yahr. Th' maintainer has not
updated th' FAQ. Th' FAQ has had no maintainer fer yahrs.

> "FAQ: Advertising on Usenet: How To Do It, How Not To Do It", by Furr
> <URL:ftp://ftp.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/advertising/how-to/part1>

That thar link also be dead fer many a long yahr.

> "A Primer on How to Work With the Usenet Community", by Von Rospach, et al
> <URL:ftp://ftp.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/primer/part1>

That thar link also be dead fer many a long yahr.

> "Rules for posting to Usenet", by Horton, Spafford & Moraes.
> <URL:ftp://ftp.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/posting-rules/part1>

That thar link also be dead fer many a long yahr.

> "Emily Postnews Answers Your Questions on Netiquette", by Templeton et al
> <URL:ftp://ftp.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/emily-postnews/part1>

That thar link also be dead fer many a long yahr. Maties, th' FAQ has no
maintainer at his post.

> RFC 1855 - Netiquette Guidelines
> <URL:http://rfc.net/rfc1855.html>

That thar link be o' no use fer many a long yahr. Th' site be scuppered
by cybersquatters. Th' maintainer has not updated th' FAQ. Th' FAQ has
had no maintainer fer yahrs.

> The above FAQs are also mirrored at various sites, including as
> mirror.aol.com

That thar site be scuttled, sunk an' gone.

> ftp.uni-paderborn.de

That thar site be scuttled, sunk an' gone.

> hwarang.postech.ac.kr

That thar site be scuttled, sunk an' gone.

> ftp.hk.super.net

That thar site be scuttled, sunk an' gone. Th' maintainer has not
updated th' FAQ. Maties, th' FAQ has had no maintainer fer yahrs.

--
"But one man of her crew alive,
What put to sea with seventy-five." -- Robert Louis Stevenson

Re: Blow me down! That thar FAQ be a decoy. Th' skirvy maintainer deserted his post many yahrs ago.

<uebie2$27o8b$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2577&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#2577

From: no@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Subject: Re: Blow me down! That thar FAQ be a decoy. Th' skirvy maintainer
deserted his post many yahrs ago.
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 02:25:54 -0500
 by: candycanearter07 - Tue, 19 Sep 2023 07:25 UTC

On 9/19/23 02:01, From the Crow's Nest wrote:
> Followups set t' news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
>
>> Posting-Frequency: weekly
>> Last-modified: 1998/11/10
>
> That thar FAQ now be in need of maintenance fer many a long yahr. But no
> maintenance be done since 1998.
>
>> Maintainer: tskirvin@killfile.org (Tim Skirvin)
>
> Thar be no maintainer at his post. Th' rapscallion maintainer deserted
> many yahrs ago. Th' weekly FAQ postin' be a decoy t' hornswoggle th'
> purser an' crew.
>
>> The newsgroup news.announce.newusers
>> <URL:news:news.announce.newusers>
>
> That thar newsgroup be abandoned fer o'er nine yahrs.
>
>> "What is Usenet", by Salzenberg, Spafford and Moraes
>> <URL:ftp://ftp.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/what-is/part1>
>
> That thar link be dead fer many a long yahr. Dead as a seaman gone t'
> Davy Jones's locker.
>
> No maintainer worth his salt would leave a FAQ like this. Th' FAQ now be
> not shipshape & seaworthy. Th' maintainer deserted his post.
>
>> "What is Usenet? A second opinion.", by Vielmetti
>> <URL:ftp://ftp.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/what-is/part2>
>
> That thar link also be dead fer many a long yahr. Th' maintainer has not
> updated th' FAQ. Th' FAQ has had no maintainer fer yahrs.
>
>> "FAQ: Advertising on Usenet: How To Do It, How Not To Do It", by Furr
>> <URL:ftp://ftp.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/advertising/how-to/part1>
>
> That thar link also be dead fer many a long yahr.
>
>> "A Primer on How to Work With the Usenet Community", by Von Rospach, et al
>> <URL:ftp://ftp.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/primer/part1>
>
> That thar link also be dead fer many a long yahr.
>
>> "Rules for posting to Usenet", by Horton, Spafford & Moraes.
>> <URL:ftp://ftp.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/posting-rules/part1>
>
> That thar link also be dead fer many a long yahr.
>
>> "Emily Postnews Answers Your Questions on Netiquette", by Templeton et al
>> <URL:ftp://ftp.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/emily-postnews/part1>
>
> That thar link also be dead fer many a long yahr. Maties, th' FAQ has no
> maintainer at his post.
>
>> RFC 1855 - Netiquette Guidelines
>> <URL:http://rfc.net/rfc1855.html>
>
> That thar link be o' no use fer many a long yahr. Th' site be scuppered
> by cybersquatters. Th' maintainer has not updated th' FAQ. Th' FAQ has
> had no maintainer fer yahrs.
>
>> The above FAQs are also mirrored at various sites, including as
>> mirror.aol.com
>
> That thar site be scuttled, sunk an' gone.
>
>> ftp.uni-paderborn.de
>
> That thar site be scuttled, sunk an' gone.
>
>> hwarang.postech.ac.kr
>
> That thar site be scuttled, sunk an' gone.
>
>> ftp.hk.super.net
>
> That thar site be scuttled, sunk an' gone. Th' maintainer has not
> updated th' FAQ. Maties, th' FAQ has had no maintainer fer yahrs.
>
>> etc.

Is that a filter or are you putting in the pirate speak yourself?

Re: Blow me down! That thar FAQ be a decoy. Th' skirvy maintainer deserted his post many yahrs ago.

<1qhatdc.1iybnqx8jd95iN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2578&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#2578

From: snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 09:48:33 +0100
iZ4vFDG
 by: Sn!pe - Tue, 19 Sep 2023 08:48 UTC

From the Crow's Nest <from-the-crows-nest@high-seas.invalid> wrote:

> Followups set t' news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
>
> > Posting-Frequency: weekly
> > Last-modified: 1998/11/10
>
> That thar FAQ now be in need of maintenance fer many a long yahr. But no
> maintenance be done since 1998.
>
> > Maintainer: tskirvin@killfile.org (Tim Skirvin)
>
> Thar be no maintainer at his post. Th' rapscallion maintainer deserted
> many yahrs ago. Th' weekly FAQ postin' be a decoy t' hornswoggle th'
> purser an' crew.
>
> > The newsgroup news.announce.newusers
> > <URL:news:news.announce.newusers>
>
> That thar newsgroup be abandoned fer o'er nine yahrs.
>
> > "What is Usenet", by Salzenberg, Spafford and Moraes
> > <URL:ftp://ftp.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/what-is/part1>
>
> That thar link be dead fer many a long yahr. Dead as a seaman gone t'
> Davy Jones's locker.
>
> No maintainer worth his salt would leave a FAQ like this. Th' FAQ now be
> not shipshape & seaworthy. Th' maintainer deserted his post.
>
> > "What is Usenet? A second opinion.", by Vielmetti
> > <URL:ftp://ftp.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/what-is/part2>
>
> That thar link also be dead fer many a long yahr. Th' maintainer has not
> updated th' FAQ. Th' FAQ has had no maintainer fer yahrs.
>
> > "FAQ: Advertising on Usenet: How To Do It, How Not To Do It", by Furr
> > <URL:ftp://ftp.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/advertising/how-to/part1>
>
> That thar link also be dead fer many a long yahr.
>
> > "A Primer on How to Work With the Usenet Community", by Von Rospach, et al
> > <URL:ftp://ftp.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/primer/part1>
>
> That thar link also be dead fer many a long yahr.
>
> > "Rules for posting to Usenet", by Horton, Spafford & Moraes.
> > <URL:ftp://ftp.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/posting-rules/part1>
>
> That thar link also be dead fer many a long yahr.
>
> > "Emily Postnews Answers Your Questions on Netiquette", by Templeton et al
> > <URL:ftp://ftp.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/emily-postnews/part1>
>
> That thar link also be dead fer many a long yahr. Maties, th' FAQ has no
> maintainer at his post.
>
> > RFC 1855 - Netiquette Guidelines
> > <URL:http://rfc.net/rfc1855.html>
>
> That thar link be o' no use fer many a long yahr. Th' site be scuppered
> by cybersquatters. Th' maintainer has not updated th' FAQ. Th' FAQ has
> had no maintainer fer yahrs.
>
> > The above FAQs are also mirrored at various sites, including as
> > mirror.aol.com
>
> That thar site be scuttled, sunk an' gone.
>
> > ftp.uni-paderborn.de
>
> That thar site be scuttled, sunk an' gone.
>
> > hwarang.postech.ac.kr
>
> That thar site be scuttled, sunk an' gone.
>
> > ftp.hk.super.net
>
> That thar site be scuttled, sunk an' gone. Th' maintainer has not
> updated th' FAQ. Maties, th' FAQ has had no maintainer fer yahrs.
>
> > etc.

Blow me down! If we find that skirvy knave we should keelhaul him,
yarrr! Hang him from the yardarm or make him walk the plank; send him
to Davy Jones's locker, yaarr! Shiver me timbers, splice the mainbrace,
a vast behind, aharrrr.

Chorus:
15 men on a dead man's chest,
Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum
Drink and the devil have done for the rest
Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum

--
^Ï^. Sn!pe <https://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E>

My pet rock Gordon just is.

Re: Blow me down! That thar FAQ be a decoy. Th' skirvy maintainer deserted his post many yahrs ago.

<uec1ff$q60e$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2579&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#2579

From: cheech@invalid.url (Cheech)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
deserted his post many yahrs ago.
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 06:42:27 -0500
 by: Cheech - Tue, 19 Sep 2023 11:42 UTC

On Tue, 19 Sep 2023 09:48:33 +0100
snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:

> Blow me down! If we find that skirvy knave we should keelhaul him,
> yarrr! Hang him from the yardarm or make him walk the plank; send him
> to Davy Jones's locker, yaarr! Shiver me timbers, splice the
> mainbrace, a vast behind, aharrrr.

See this link to a old youtube audio clip of the scenario you just
described. Once you hear this your compass will never bear true north
again, matey!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNvbrRvQgmE&t=529s

Re: Blow me down! That thar FAQ be a decoy. Th' skirvy maintainer deserted his post many yahrs ago.

<1qhb5ts.m6yjgz1qajf79N%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2580&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#2580

From: snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 14:08:47 +0100
This article may be reproduced for the purposes of propagation and
personal use only, no commercial use without express permission.
 by: Sn!pe - Tue, 19 Sep 2023 13:08 UTC

Cheech <cheech@invalid.url> wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Sep 2023 09:48:33 +0100
> snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:
>
> > Blow me down! If we find that skirvy knave we should keelhaul him,
> > yarrr! Hang him from the yardarm or make him walk the plank; send him
> > to Davy Jones's locker, yaarr! Shiver me timbers, splice the
> > mainbrace, a vast behind, aharrrr.
>
> See this link to a old youtube audio clip of the scenario you just
> described. Once you hear this your compass will never bear true north
> again, matey!
>
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNvbrRvQgmE&t=529s>

Those guys are enjoying that ~far~ too much.

--
^Ï^. Sn!pe <https://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E>

My pet rock Gordon just is.

Re: Blow me down! That thar FAQ be a decoy. Th' skirvy maintainer deserted his post many yahrs ago.

<uecv9m$2gdrk$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2581&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#2581

From: no@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
deserted his post many yahrs ago.
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 15:11:34 -0500
 by: candycanearter07 - Tue, 19 Sep 2023 20:11 UTC

On 9/19/23 09:57, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <uebie2$27o8b$2@dont-email.me>,
> candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote:
>> Is that a filter or are you putting in the pirate speak yourself?
>
> Looks like priate speak to me!
>> --
>> --
>> user <candycane> is generated from /dev/urandom

Right, I was asking if it was manual or some automatic filter. I've seen
auto filters like that before..

Re: Blow me down! That thar FAQ be a decoy. Th' skirvy maintainer deserted his post many yahrs ago.

<uecvb4$2gdrk$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=2582&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#2582

From: no@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
deserted his post many yahrs ago.
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 15:12:19 -0500
 by: candycanearter07 - Tue, 19 Sep 2023 20:12 UTC

On 9/19/23 08:08, Sn!pe wrote:
> Cheech <cheech@invalid.url> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 19 Sep 2023 09:48:33 +0100
>> snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:
>>
>>> Blow me down! If we find that skirvy knave we should keelhaul him,
>>> yarrr! Hang him from the yardarm or make him walk the plank; send him
>>> to Davy Jones's locker, yaarr! Shiver me timbers, splice the
>>> mainbrace, a vast behind, aharrrr.
>>
>> See this link to a old youtube audio clip of the scenario you just
>> described. Once you hear this your compass will never bear true north
>> again, matey!
>>
>> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNvbrRvQgmE&t=529s>
>
> Those guys are enjoying that ~far~ too much.

I think it's charming :)

Re: Blow me down! That thar FAQ be a decoy. Th' skirvy maintainer deserted his post many yahrs ago.

<1qhbt3w.1l7y8hso0k2ukN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4349&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#4349

From: snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 22:35:48 +0100
 by: Sn!pe - Tue, 19 Sep 2023 21:35 UTC

The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
[...]
> >> That thar site be scuttled, sunk an' gone. Th' maintainer has not
> >> updated th' FAQ. Maties, th' FAQ has had no maintainer fer yahrs.

> >Is that a filter or are you putting in the pirate speak yourself?
>
> Looks like priate speak to me!

I've heard that pirates can be like that; after all, Priapus was the
patron of seafarers. It's probably caused by excess testosterone and
that's why they're so desperate for shore leave. Yarrr!