From: digest-replies@telecom-digest.org (The Telecom Digest)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: FCC ULS Reopened, Except Electronic Batch Filing System [telecom]
Date: 22 Jun 2023 12:41:37 -0400
Sender: alias@iecc.com
Fcc: /home/moder8/Mail/sent_posts
 by: The Telecom Digest - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 16:41 UTC

(I received this in a bulletin from the American Radio Relay League - Mod)

In an FCC notice published on June 21, 2023, the Commission provided a
deadline extension for filings in the ULS and the Antenna Structure
Registration (ASR) system, explaining, "Because parties could not make
electronic filings or view the contents of the affected systems while
they were unavailable, we are extending the deadlines for all
regulatory filings that were due in the affected systems between June
9, 2023, and June 29, 2023, until Friday, June 30, 2023.

Please see:

https://www.fcc.gov/document/uls-tcns-e-106-and-asr-available

* Moderator's Note
* * OK, I'm glad that the Universal Licensing System is once again in
* operating condition. I am, however, somewhat concerned that there
* has been no explanation from the FCC about why it went away on an
* electronic brain aneurysm. As an Amateur Radio Operating whom had
* to wait a month and a half for my first Ham Radio license to arrive
* in the mail, I can attest to the sense of a pending global computer
* meltdown which the current generation of young hams must have ex-
* perienced because their first license took over a week to be done.
* * Of course, the commercial services were also affected, but nobody
* cares about them. Does anyone know what happened?
* * Bill Horne