From: man@privacy.net (Dan Musicant)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Agent 1.932 email filters sometimes direct emails to the wrong folder
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2022 08:12:34 -0700
 by: Dan Musicant - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 15:12 UTC

I have had this problem for years and it's a head scratcher. I do have a
ton of filters, doubtless too many, sometimes because a filter didn't
work and I created a new one.

Often an email that will usually go in one folder (e.g. my Inbox), goes
into a different folder (usually my Forums folder). So, if I don't see
an expected email in my inbox, I look in my Forums folder and it's
usually there. I don't know how to address this problem.

I wish there was a way to determine if I got an email other than looking
in my various folders, but it is the Forums folder (I name it
differently from that for sorting purposed, it is actually named "--->
Forums") that gets the mistakes, maybe all the time when there's a
mistake.

Is there something I can do to remediate this issue?

Dan

Email: dmusicant at sonic dot net

Re: Agent 1.932 email filters sometimes direct emails to the wrong folder

<imd7hh9og6hkocl0ptcf4a0sjqgi8jroso@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4546&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4546

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2022 08:43:18 +1200
 by: Ralph Fox - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 20:43 UTC

On Sat, 03 Sep 2022 08:12:34 -0700, Dan Musicant wrote:

> I wish there was a way to determine if I got an email other than looking
> in my various folders, but it is the Forums folder (I name it
> differently from that for sorting purposed, it is actually named "--->
> Forums") that gets the mistakes, maybe all the time when there's a
> mistake.
>
> Is there something I can do to remediate this issue?

Agent 4.0 and later have a "Review Recent Email" window which lists all
your email for the last 30 days and which folder the filters put it in.
The results are instantly there.

There is nothing quite like it in earlier versions of Agent.

For earlier versions like Agent 1.93/32.576, the closest would be to use
'Global Search' to search all your email folders, with a 'Search For:'
expression to filter on the 'Date:' header by year and month.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

Δος μοι πα στω και ταν γαν κινάσω
-- Archimedes [in Syracusan Greek (Doric)]

Re: Agent 1.932 email filters sometimes direct emails to the wrong folder

<jh3omht2umm6egt7bub8ho2t4crt7tnjrk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4638&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4638

From: reese@home.nl (Hans Reese)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2022 21:37:05 +0100
 by: Hans Reese - Wed, 9 Nov 2022 20:37 UTC

On Sun, 04 Sep 2022 08:43:18 +1200, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:

>On Sat, 03 Sep 2022 08:12:34 -0700, Dan Musicant wrote:
>
>> I wish there was a way to determine if I got an email other than looking
>> in my various folders, but it is the Forums folder (I name it
>> differently from that for sorting purposed, it is actually named "--->
>> Forums") that gets the mistakes, maybe all the time when there's a
>> mistake.
>>
>> Is there something I can do to remediate this issue?
>

>Agent 4.0 and later have a "Review Recent Email" window which lists all
>your email for the last 30 days and which folder the filters put it in.
>The results are instantly there.
>
>There is nothing quite like it in earlier versions of Agent.
>
>For earlier versions like Agent 1.93/32.576, the closest would be to use
>'Global Search' to search all your email folders, with a 'Search For:'
>expression to filter on the 'Date:' header by year and month.

I have a similar issue, and was wondering how to fix that.

In my case, a lot of mails that are not even supposed to be routed out of my standard
inbox are, for no apparent reason, routed into one of my personal subfolders.

Re: Agent 1.932 email filters sometimes direct emails to the wrong folder

<8v3omh9p8l9hvh88v0u08v75cj26lp9646@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4639&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4639

From: reese@home.nl (Hans Reese)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2022 21:40:56 +0100
 by: Hans Reese - Wed, 9 Nov 2022 20:40 UTC

On Wed, 09 Nov 2022 21:37:05 +0100, Hans Reese <reese@home.nl> wrote:

>On Sun, 04 Sep 2022 08:43:18 +1200, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 03 Sep 2022 08:12:34 -0700, Dan Musicant wrote:
>>
>>> I wish there was a way to determine if I got an email other than looking
>>> in my various folders, but it is the Forums folder (I name it
>>> differently from that for sorting purposed, it is actually named "--->
>>> Forums") that gets the mistakes, maybe all the time when there's a
>>> mistake.
>>>
>>> Is there something I can do to remediate this issue?
>>

>>Agent 4.0 and later have a "Review Recent Email" window which lists all
>>your email for the last 30 days and which folder the filters put it in.
>>The results are instantly there.
>>
>>There is nothing quite like it in earlier versions of Agent.
>>
>>For earlier versions like Agent 1.93/32.576, the closest would be to use
>>'Global Search' to search all your email folders, with a 'Search For:'
>>expression to filter on the 'Date:' header by year and month.
>
>I have a similar issue, and was wondering how to fix that.
>
>In my case, a lot of mails that are not even supposed to be routed out of my standard
>inbox are, for no apparent reason, routed into one of my personal subfolders.

To be more specific: is there a way to find, edit or delete an existing routing rule, that
was created by accident?

Re: Agent 1.932 email filters sometimes direct emails to the wrong folder

<jh0pmh9e4bu0kpctm6umcbkuhfa2onfghk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4640&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4640

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 18:27:28 +1300
 by: Ralph Fox - Thu, 10 Nov 2022 05:27 UTC

On Wed, 09 Nov 2022 21:40:56 +0100, Hans Reese wrote:

> To be more specific: is there a way to find, edit or delete an existing routing rule, that
> was created by accident?

If (like the OP) it is email filters doing the routing, then
scrutinize all your email filters at "Tools >> Email Filters".

If it is "Route by Identity" doing the routing (not in v1.93),
then see
"Help >> Contents >> How to Use Agent >> Agent 8 Email >> How Route by Identity Works".
The first place to check is your Agent address book.
* Find the sender in your address book.
* Open the address book entry.
* Look at the "Folder(s)" field in the address book entry.

The sender's entry could be a "Contact" (which has an email address).
It could be an "Inbound Mailing List".
Or it could also be a "Routing Address" which has only a domain. The
intent is to route all emails from this domain to some folder.

If you don't find the sender in your Agent address book, try looking
for other email addresses in the email header (e.g. "To" or "Cc").

--
Kind regards
Ralph

𝑊𝑎𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑎 𝑚𝑎𝑛 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑚𝑎𝑦’𝑑? 𝑁𝑜𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑜’ 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑜𝑙𝑑𝑖𝑒𝑟 𝑘𝑛𝑒𝑤 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑑 𝑏𝑙𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟’𝑑.
𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑝𝑙𝑦. 𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑤ℎ𝑦. 𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟𝑠 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑑𝑜 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑑𝑖𝑒.

Re: Agent 1.932 email filters sometimes direct emails to the wrong folder

<3dtsmhpr6mc9a1e8mi3ern05huta8gu4p6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4645&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4645

From: reese@home.nl (Hans Reese)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 17:34:35 +0100
 by: Hans Reese - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 16:34 UTC

On Thu, 10 Nov 2022 18:27:28 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:

>On Wed, 09 Nov 2022 21:37:05 +0100, Hans Reese wrote:
>
>> I have a similar issue, and was wondering how to fix that.
>>
>> In my case, a lot of mails that are not even supposed to be routed out of my standard
>> inbox are, for no apparent reason, routed into one of my personal subfolders.
>

>On Wed, 09 Nov 2022 21:40:56 +0100, Hans Reese wrote:
>
>> To be more specific: is there a way to find, edit or delete an existing routing rule, that
>> was created by accident?

>If (like the OP) it is email filters doing the routing, then
>scrutinize all your email filters at "Tools >> Email Filters".
>

>If it is "Route by Identity" doing the routing (not in v1.93),
>then see
>"Help >> Contents >> How to Use Agent >> Agent 8 Email >> How Route by Identity Works".
>The first place to check is your Agent address book.
> * Find the sender in your address book.
> * Open the address book entry.
> * Look at the "Folder(s)" field in the address book entry.
>
>The sender's entry could be a "Contact" (which has an email address).
>It could be an "Inbound Mailing List".
>Or it could also be a "Routing Address" which has only a domain. The
>intent is to route all emails from this domain to some folder.
>
>If you don't find the sender in your Agent address book, try looking
>for other email addresses in the email header (e.g. "To" or "Cc").

Actually, *all* my mail that is *not* routed by filters, is now being routed into this
personal folder, which is a subfolder of my "Archief"-folder. I hardly use any filters for
mail, the filters I have are mostly for usenet. My mail is routed by training.

Re: Agent 1.932 email filters sometimes direct emails to the wrong folder

<3u96nh9a4pud8vaaddq9o6rr93ei9j2gh7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4657&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4657

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 19:28:08 +1300
 by: Ralph Fox - Tue, 15 Nov 2022 06:28 UTC

On Fri, 11 Nov 2022 17:34:35 +0100, Hans Reese wrote:

> Actually, *all* my mail that is *not* routed by filters, is now being routed into this
> personal folder, which is a subfolder of my "Archief"-folder. I hardly use any filters for
> mail, the filters I have are mostly for usenet. My mail is routed by training.

If you are still looking for the same thing, "a way to find, edit or
delete an existing routing rule, that was created by accident", then
the answer is still the same: edit each address book entry and update
the entry's "Folder(s)" field.

On a different but related question. To avoid accidentally creating
any new routing rules which route to the subfolder of your "Archief"
folder,
1. Make sure "Enable Route by Identity (RBI) training for this folder"
is turned OFF for this folder.
(select folder) >> Folder >> Properties >> Receiving Messages >> Email Training
2. Do not agree to requests to turn RBI on, such as you might get
when moving old mail to this folder.

--
Regards
Ralph

𝗟𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘆: (𝗇) 𝖠 𝗍𝖺𝗑 𝗈𝗇 𝗉𝖾𝗈𝗉𝗅𝖾 𝗐𝗁𝗈 𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝖻𝖺𝖽 𝖺𝗍 𝗆𝖺𝗍𝗁𝗌.