From: bright@idea.invalid (Bright Idea)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Subject: Bright Idea (was Re: Abusive cancel)
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 04:18:35 -0600
 by: Bright Idea - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 10:18 UTC

I have a bright idea.

How about .....

Rather than concern trolling about someone who is actually fighting
spam, abuse, trolling, and harassment .....

Ban users who spam, troll, abuse, and harass?

How about .....

Instead of attacking Ivo for actually stopping spam, abuse, and
harassment .....

Mend the mess in your own houses so your sewage doesn't spill over into
Ivo's yard?

Free speech is the freedom to express ideas and opinions.

Free speech is not the freedom to drown out the speech of others.

Hate-guzzling leftists and amoral atheist trolls have difficulty
understanding this. They think that freedom of speech is their freedom
to interfere with the speech of everyone else. They confuse making
noise with freedom of speech.

How about .....

The concern trolls stop expanding this thread with endless debate over
how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. Then actually build
some spam, troll, and harassment countermeasures. Design those
countermeasures to be 'set and forget' solutions that all
system administrators can use.

Less talk, more action.

Then we can employ Usenet to do something more than read +about+ Usenet.

Re: Bright Idea (was Re: Abusive cancel)

<unhdal$1kdor$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4565&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#4565

From: news@immibis.com (immibis)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Subject: Re: Bright Idea (was Re: Abusive cancel)
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 19:01:56 +0100
 by: immibis - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 18:01 UTC

On 1/8/24 11:18, Bright Idea wrote:
> How about .....
>
> Ban users who spam, troll, abuse, and harass?
>
> Free speech is the freedom to express ideas and opinions.
>
> Free speech is not the freedom to drown out the speech of others.

Is free speech the freedom to ban users whose speech you don't like?

> Hate-guzzling leftists and amoral atheist trolls

I don't like your speech. How about banning you?

Holely sockpuppet (was: Bright Idea)

<unhg8c$1kood$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4566&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#4566

From: ahk@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Subject: Holely sockpuppet (was: Bright Idea)
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 18:51:56 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 18:51 UTC

immibis <news@immibis.com> wrote:
>On 1/8/24 11:18, Bright Idea wrote:

>>How about .....

>>Ban users who spam, troll, abuse, and harass?

>>Free speech is the freedom to express ideas and opinions.

>>Free speech is not the freedom to drown out the speech of others.

>Is free speech the freedom to ban users whose speech you don't like?

Is free speech setting up a straw man or deliberately misstating what
your opponent said because you suck at making legitimate arguments?