From: drsteerforth@yahoo.com (Mack A. Damia)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: Fonts
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 08:26:33 -0800
 by: Mack A. Damia - Wed, 28 Dec 2022 16:26 UTC

On Tue, 27 Dec 2022 08:33:25 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
wrote:

>On Mon, 26 Dec 2022 02:13:47 -0800, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>
>> I am going crazy trying to increase the size of the font in the pane
>> at the top of the page that shows the newsgroup, Subject, To, CC, Bcc,
>> etc.
>>
>> My eyesight is poor, and I have to use a magnifying glass to check for
>> spelling mistakes, etc.
>>
>> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>

>A. If you mean at the top of THIS page, shown in this screen-shot:
>
> <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=26_iosiqhlv3_1_at-the-top-of-this-page_1.png>
>
> The font size here is controlled by the settings at
> Tools >> Options >> Display Fonts
> Adjust the settings for both "Variable-pitch body" and for "Fixed-pitch body".
>
> If there is more than one language in the drop-down "Fonts for the language",
> then you must adjust the font size for each language separately.
>

>B. If you mean at the top of THIS page, shown in this screen-shot:
>
> <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=26_iosiqhlv3_2_at-the-top-of-this-page_2.png>
>
> This panel is a dialog box, and the font size is controlled by the
> Microsoft Windows font size setting for dialog boxes. You adjust
> this in Windows.
>
> One advantage of adjusting this in Windows is that it will make it
> easier to read all dialog boxes, both in Agent and in other programs.
>
> If you really do want to adjust the font size only here in Agent,
> there is mod to do this. See reply "next door" in newsgroup
> alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent.modified.

Thanks for your kind assistance, but I must be hopeless!

Nothing works for me; I cannot increase the size of the font(your
first example).

I will have to keep using a magnifying glass.

Re: Fonts

<t9soqh5j7dqi4qd61nrnj800pv0do736vd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4684&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4684

From: jock@soccer.com (Nobody)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 08:45:33 -0800
 by: Nobody - Wed, 28 Dec 2022 16:45 UTC

On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 08:26:33 -0800, Mack A. Damia
<drsteerforth@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Dec 2022 08:33:25 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
>wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 26 Dec 2022 02:13:47 -0800, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>>
>>> I am going crazy trying to increase the size of the font in the pane
>>> at the top of the page that shows the newsgroup, Subject, To, CC, Bcc,
>>> etc.
>>>
>>> My eyesight is poor, and I have to use a magnifying glass to check for
>>> spelling mistakes, etc.
>>>
>>> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>>

>>A. If you mean at the top of THIS page, shown in this screen-shot:
>>
>> <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=26_iosiqhlv3_1_at-the-top-of-this-page_1.png>
>>
>> The font size here is controlled by the settings at
>> Tools >> Options >> Display Fonts
>> Adjust the settings for both "Variable-pitch body" and for "Fixed-pitch body".
>>
>> If there is more than one language in the drop-down "Fonts for the language",
>> then you must adjust the font size for each language separately.
>>

>>B. If you mean at the top of THIS page, shown in this screen-shot:
>>
>> <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=26_iosiqhlv3_2_at-the-top-of-this-page_2.png>
>>
>> This panel is a dialog box, and the font size is controlled by the
>> Microsoft Windows font size setting for dialog boxes. You adjust
>> this in Windows.
>>
>> One advantage of adjusting this in Windows is that it will make it
>> easier to read all dialog boxes, both in Agent and in other programs.
>>
>> If you really do want to adjust the font size only here in Agent,
>> there is mod to do this. See reply "next door" in newsgroup
>> alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent.modified.
>
>Thanks for your kind assistance, but I must be hopeless!
>
>Nothing works for me; I cannot increase the size of the font(your
>first example).
>
>I will have to keep using a magnifying glass.

Did you investigate *Scale* within Win 11, as suggested?

It certainly works for me. To prepare this, I adjusted my system back
to 100% (from 125%) and the display within everthing in Forte Agent 8
became miniaturised... and 150% positively huge!

Re: Fonts

<b44qqh1bim7o94v8nt3475015v73tr9mi2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4686&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4686

From: drsteerforth@yahoo.com (Mack A. Damia)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 20:00:05 -0800
 by: Mack A. Damia - Thu, 29 Dec 2022 04:00 UTC

On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 08:45:33 -0800, Nobody <jock@soccer.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 08:26:33 -0800, Mack A. Damia
><drsteerforth@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 27 Dec 2022 08:33:25 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
>>wrote:

>>>A. If you mean at the top of THIS page, shown in this screen-shot:
>>>
>>> <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=26_iosiqhlv3_1_at-the-top-of-this-page_1.png>
>>>
>>> The font size here is controlled by the settings at
>>> Tools >> Options >> Display Fonts
>>> Adjust the settings for both "Variable-pitch body" and for "Fixed-pitch body".
>>>
>>> If there is more than one language in the drop-down "Fonts for the language",
>>> then you must adjust the font size for each language separately.
>>>

>>>B. If you mean at the top of THIS page, shown in this screen-shot:
>>>
>>> <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=26_iosiqhlv3_2_at-the-top-of-this-page_2.png>
>>>
>>> This panel is a dialog box, and the font size is controlled by the
>>> Microsoft Windows font size setting for dialog boxes. You adjust
>>> this in Windows.
>>>
>>> One advantage of adjusting this in Windows is that it will make it
>>> easier to read all dialog boxes, both in Agent and in other programs.
>>>
>>> If you really do want to adjust the font size only here in Agent,
>>> there is mod to do this. See reply "next door" in newsgroup
>>> alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent.modified.
>>
>>Thanks for your kind assistance, but I must be hopeless!
>>
>>Nothing works for me; I cannot increase the size of the font(your
>>first example).
>>
>>I will have to keep using a magnifying glass.
>>

>Did you investigate *Scale* within Win 11, as suggested?
>
>It certainly works for me. To prepare this, I adjusted my system back
>to 100% (from 125%) and the display within everthing in Forte Agent 8
>became miniaturised... and 150% positively huge!

This is what happens. Everything enlarges except what I want!

(Screen shot)

https://ibb.co/kyFJzBb

Re: Fonts

<9cdqqhlkn6n3ja2qe3c1k08covirt86969@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4687&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4687

From: gfretwell@aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 01:39:22 -0500
 by: gfretwell@aol.com - Thu, 29 Dec 2022 06:39 UTC

On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 20:00:05 -0800, Mack A. Damia
<drsteerforth@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 08:45:33 -0800, Nobody <jock@soccer.com> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 08:26:33 -0800, Mack A. Damia
>><drsteerforth@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>>Thanks for your kind assistance, but I must be hopeless!
>>>
>>>Nothing works for me; I cannot increase the size of the font(your
>>>first example).
>>>
>>>I will have to keep using a magnifying glass.
>>>

>>Did you investigate *Scale* within Win 11, as suggested?
>>
>>It certainly works for me. To prepare this, I adjusted my system back
>>to 100% (from 125%) and the display within everthing in Forte Agent 8
>>became miniaturised... and 150% positively huge!
>
>This is what happens. Everything enlarges except what I want!
>
>(Screen shot)
>
>https://ibb.co/kyFJzBb

Go big or go home. I found out you can get 32" TVs for $25-50 used and
that is what I am using for a monitor in a couple of places. I can
see that little font.

Re: Fonts

<rhcqqhh92vnbpqfl1i1bmn3m8lb3i6mi7h@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4688&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4688

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 19:48:03 +1300
 by: Ralph Fox - Thu, 29 Dec 2022 06:48 UTC

On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 20:00:05 -0800, Mack A. Damia wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 08:45:33 -0800, Nobody <jock@soccer.com> wrote:
>
>> Did you investigate *Scale* within Win 11, as suggested?
>>
>> It certainly works for me. To prepare this, I adjusted my system back
>> to 100% (from 125%) and the display within everthing in Forte Agent 8
>> became miniaturised... and 150% positively huge!
>
> This is what happens. Everything enlarges except what I want!
>
> (Screen shot)
>
> https://ibb.co/kyFJzBb

This is what happens when I adjust the scale in *Windows*

My screen-shot: <https://ibb.co/fXysM5D>

In Windows 11, go to: Start >> Settings >> System >> Display
and change the 'Scale' drop-down from 100% to 125%.

I get what your screen-shot shows, when I adjust the font size in *Agent*.
There is no setting in Agent for what you want.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

🎚️ 🗚

Re: Fonts

<bcksqh1p9akkd1k9i50dvf9k5n6fukpc25@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4695&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4695

From: drsteerforth@yahoo.com (Mack A. Damia)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 18:49:39 -0800
 by: Mack A. Damia - Fri, 30 Dec 2022 02:49 UTC

On Thu, 29 Dec 2022 19:48:03 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
wrote:

>On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 20:00:05 -0800, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 08:45:33 -0800, Nobody <jock@soccer.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Did you investigate *Scale* within Win 11, as suggested?
>>>
>>> It certainly works for me. To prepare this, I adjusted my system back
>>> to 100% (from 125%) and the display within everthing in Forte Agent 8
>>> became miniaturised... and 150% positively huge!
>>
>> This is what happens. Everything enlarges except what I want!
>>
>> (Screen shot)
>>
>> https://ibb.co/kyFJzBb
>

>This is what happens when I adjust the scale in *Windows*
>
> My screen-shot: <https://ibb.co/fXysM5D>
>
>In Windows 11, go to: Start >> Settings >> System >> Display
>and change the 'Scale' drop-down from 100% to 125%.

I did that, Ralph, but while it made a difference (increase in font
size) in the body of the message, it made no difference in the panel
at the top that I am talking about - as small as ever.

I am perplexed. Thanks anyway!