From: drsteerforth@yahoo.com (Mack A. Damia)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: Fonts
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 09:15:50 -0800
 by: Mack A. Damia - Fri, 30 Dec 2022 17:15 UTC

On Mon, 26 Dec 2022 02:13:47 -0800, Mack A. Damia
<drsteerforth@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I am going crazy trying to increase the size of the font in the pane
>at the top of the page that shows the newsgroup, Subject, To, CC, Bcc,
>etc.
>
>My eyesight is poor, and I have to use a magnifying glass to check for
>spelling mistakes, etc.
>
>Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks!

It has got to be a flaw in Windows 11. I was running Windows 7 for
years, and I liked it but had to get it updated a month or so ago when
I got a new PC.

Even Notepad is a mess. Wondows Notepad is the same - very small
print. I can "Zoom" in and enlarge, but I cannot save the enlarged
font.

I downloaded a "Simple Notepad" and it is the same deal. I can
enlarge by zooming but I cannnot save the larger font.

Re: Fonts

<12euqh93rdu0cgpuv1pq9f6986rdbb3b8u@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4699&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4699

From: not.in.use@invalid.xor (lisa)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 20:29:13 +0100
 by: lisa - Fri, 30 Dec 2022 19:29 UTC

On Fri, 30 Dec 2022 09:15:50 -0800, Mack A. Damia wrote:

>>My eyesight is poor, and I have to use a magnifying glass to check for
>>spelling mistakes, etc.
>>
>>Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>Thanks!
>
>It has got to be a flaw in Windows 11. I was running Windows 7 for
>years, and I liked it but had to get it updated a month or so ago when
>I got a new PC.
>
>Even Notepad is a mess. Wondows Notepad is the same - very small
>print. I can "Zoom" in and enlarge, but I cannot save the enlarged
>font.

I can't help you with W11 ( forever on W7; I can build my own PC's ).
I looked at W11 and I don't understand it at all. I'm trying Linux
Mint as alternative.

I'm not sure what you use as magnifying glass, but something like this
is really helpfull for reading small text, papers or text on a
computer screen/mobile phone.
https://www.bol.com/nl/nl/p/loupe-loep-bril-incl-glazenset-vergrootglas/9200000098497007/

It's very light and you can use it for hours without problems.

Re: Fonts

<7qguqhhr0b16cnin1jo229i1qqc1j7le5d@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4700&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4700

From: drsteerforth@yahoo.com (Mack A. Damia)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 12:00:59 -0800
 by: Mack A. Damia - Fri, 30 Dec 2022 20:00 UTC

On Fri, 30 Dec 2022 20:29:13 +0100, lisa <not.in.use@invalid.xor>
wrote:

>On Fri, 30 Dec 2022 09:15:50 -0800, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>
>>>My eyesight is poor, and I have to use a magnifying glass to check for
>>>spelling mistakes, etc.
>>>
>>>Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>>Thanks!
>>
>>It has got to be a flaw in Windows 11. I was running Windows 7 for
>>years, and I liked it but had to get it updated a month or so ago when
>>I got a new PC.
>>
>>Even Notepad is a mess. Wondows Notepad is the same - very small
>>print. I can "Zoom" in and enlarge, but I cannot save the enlarged
>>font.
>
>I can't help you with W11 ( forever on W7; I can build my own PC's ).
>I looked at W11 and I don't understand it at all. I'm trying Linux
>Mint as alternative.
>
>I'm not sure what you use as magnifying glass, but something like this
>is really helpfull for reading small text, papers or text on a
>computer screen/mobile phone.
>https://www.bol.com/nl/nl/p/loupe-loep-bril-incl-glazenset-vergrootglas/9200000098497007/
>
>It's very light and you can use it for hours without problems.

Thanks, but I do not understand one bit of it, and in that case, I
will not use it.

Re: Fonts

<i3v9rhd46eekmn53nclociud87r8ofvm06@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4703&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4703

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2023 17:27:50 +1300
 by: Ralph Fox - Wed, 4 Jan 2023 04:27 UTC

On Fri, 30 Dec 2022 09:15:50 -0800, Mack A. Damia wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Dec 2022 02:13:47 -0800, Mack A. Damia
> <drsteerforth@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> I am going crazy trying to increase the size of the font in the pane
>> at the top of the page that shows the newsgroup, Subject, To, CC, Bcc,
>> etc.
>>
>> My eyesight is poor, and I have to use a magnifying glass to check for
>> spelling mistakes, etc.
>>
>> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> It has got to be a flaw in Windows 11. I was running Windows 7 for
> years, and I liked it but had to get it updated a month or so ago when
> I got a new PC.

Here are some screen-shots comparisons to show you can get the scaling you want
in Windows 11.

1) Comparison with 'scale = 125%' and 'Scaling performed by: System (Advanced)'

screen-shot: <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=26_6v6uqh__1__comparison-with-scale-125-percent-in-win11.png>

2) Comparison with 'custom scaling = 128%' and 'Scaling performed by: Application'

screen-shot: <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=26_6v6uqh__2__comparison-with-custom-scaling-128-percent-in-win11.png>

3) Comparison with XRS mod using 'relativesize' = 1.4

screen-shot: <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=26_6v6uqh__3__comparison-with-xrs-mod-using-relativesize-1.4-in-win11.png>

The Windows 11 flaw you refer to only happens when you use both of the
following:

i) In the program's High DPI compatibility settings,
you use the option 'Scaling performed by: Application'
and not one of the other options.

ii) You use the Windows 11 'Scaling' drop-down to set the scaling,
rather than the Windows 11 'Custom scaling' option.

Change just one of these two, and you get the increased font size you want.

You also get the increased font size you want with the XRS mod I gave you
in my first reply a week ago.

____
FOOTNOTES
[1] Setting Agent's 'High DPI Scaling performed by' to 'System (Advanced)'
screen-shot: <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=26_6v6uqh__footnote-1__setting-agent's-high-dpi-scaling-performed-by.gif>

[2] Using custom scaling in Windows 11
Web page: <https://www.askvg.com/bug-discovered-in-windows-11-built-in-dpi-scaling-levels/>

--
Kind regards
Ralph

β„šπ•Œπ•€ ℕ𝕆ℕ 𝕃𝔸𝔹𝕆ℝ𝔸𝕋 ℕ𝕆ℕ π•„π”Έβ„•π”»π•Œβ„‚π”Όπ•‹