From: bill.gunshannon@gmail.com (Bill Gunshannon)
Newsgroups: comp.os.cpm
Subject: P112 C/PM 2.2 Hard Disk
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 12:41:43 -0500
 by: Bill Gunshannon - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 17:41 UTC

Not sure if there are many (any?) P112 users still floating around
but, just in case...

Does anyone have instructions on how to make a C/PM 2.2 installation on
a hard disk on the P112 with the GIDE? Might look at CPM 3.0 as well,
but I would really like a C/PM 2.2 hard disk system to work with.

bill

Re: P112 C/PM 2.2 Hard Disk

<k2tl4bFab39U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=4965&group=comp.os.cpm#4965

From: bill.gunshannon@gmail.com (Bill Gunshannon)
Newsgroups: comp.os.cpm
Subject: Re: P112 C/PM 2.2 Hard Disk
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 14:48:27 -0500
 by: Bill Gunshannon - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 19:48 UTC

For those who remember this thread...

I have determined that there is probably no way to set up
a hard disk system using CP/M 2.2. However, there should
be for CP/M 3.0. And it is probably close enough to meet
my needs.

On another track....

I got sidetracked but good news came out of it. I don't
know if anyone had already tried this but I have successfully
booted CP/M 2.2 - CP/M 3.0 - MPM-II - RSX180 and UZI on the
P112 from a GOTEK USB Floppy Emulator using the hXc2001
firmware. I plan to try the FlashFloppy firmware as well,
but at only about $10 the hXc2001 firmware is OK.

If this continues to show promise I think very shortly all
of my vintage systems will be giving up their mechanical
floppies in favor of GOTEKs.

bill