You know you've landed gear-up when it takes full power to taxi.

devel / comp.theory / Re: My unique take on Gödel 1931 Incompleteness

SubjectAuthor
* My_unique_take_on_Gödel_1931_Incompletenessolcott
+- _My_unique_take_on_Gödel_1931_IncompletenessRichard Damon
`* _My_unique_take_on_Gödel_1931_Incompletenessolcott
 +* _My_unique_take_on_Gödel_1931_Incompletenessolcott
 |+- _My_unique_take_on_Gödel_1931_IncompletenessRichard Damon
 |`* _My_unique_take_on_Gödel_1931_Incompletenessolcott
 | `- _My_unique_take_on_Gödel_1931_IncompletenessRichard Damon
 +* _My_unique_take_on_Gödel_1931_Incompletenessolcott
 |`- _My_unique_take_on_Gödel_1931_IncompletenessRichard Damon
 +* _My_unique_take_on_Gödel_1931_Incompletenessolcott
 |`- _My_unique_take_on_Gödel_1931_IncompletenessRichard Damon
 +* _My_unique_take_on_Gödel_1931_Incompletenessolcott
 |`- _My_unique_take_on_Gödel_1931_IncompletenessRichard Damon
 `* _My_unique_take_on_Gödel_1931_Incompletenessolcott
  `- _My_unique_take_on_Gödel_1931_IncompletenessRichard Damon

1
My unique take on Gödel 1931 Incompleteness

<ugkpri$2mf1b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=48994&group=comp.theory#48994

From: polcott2@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory,sci.math
Subject: My_unique_take_on_Gödel_1931_Incompleteness
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 21:00:18 -0500
 by: olcott - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 02:00 UTC

My unique take on Gödel 1931 Incompleteness (also self-referential)
Any expression of the language of formal system F that asserts its
own unprovability in F to be proven in F requires a sequence of
inference steps in F that prove they themselves do not exist.

It is not at all that F is in any way incomplete.
It is simply that self-contradictory statements cannot be proven
because they are erroneous.

--
Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius

Re: My unique take on Gödel 1931 Incompleteness

<ugkr1o$1pa8g$3@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=48997&group=comp.theory#48997

From: richard@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory,sci.math
Subject: Re:_My_unique_take_on_Gödel_1931_Incompleteness
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 22:20:40 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 02:20 UTC

On 10/16/23 10:00 PM, olcott wrote:
> My unique take on Gödel 1931 Incompleteness (also self-referential)
> Any expression of the language of formal system F that asserts its
> own unprovability in F to be proven in F requires a sequence of
> inference steps in F that prove they themselves do not exist.
>
> It is not at all that F is in any way incomplete.
> It is simply that self-contradictory statements cannot be proven
> because they are erroneous.

So, you don't understand that G in F doesn't "asserts its own
unprovability in F", it asserts that there is no number "g" that
satisfies a specific Primitive Recursive Relationship.

That knowledge only exist in the Meta-F that produced that PRR.

So, your argument is just based on LIES, like all your logic.

But of course, the core of the problem is you don't understand what
"meta-theory" is about.

Or even how logic actually works.

Because you are so stupid.

Re: My unique take on Gödel 1931 Incompleteness

<ugks6o$2munm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=48999&group=comp.theory#48999

From: polcott2@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory,sci.math
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 21:40:24 -0500
 by: olcott - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 02:40 UTC

On 10/16/2023 9:00 PM, olcott wrote:
> My unique take on Gödel 1931 Incompleteness (also self-referential)
> Any expression of the language of formal system F that asserts its
> own unprovability in F to be proven in F requires a sequence of
> inference steps in F that prove they themselves do not exist.
>
> It is not at all that F is in any way incomplete.
> It is simply that self-contradictory statements cannot be proven
> because they are erroneous.

The most important aspect of Gödel's 1931 Incompleteness theorem are
these plain English direct quotes of Gödel from his paper:
....there is also a close relationship with the “liar” antinomy,14 ...
....14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used for a similar
undecidability proof...
....We are therefore confronted with a proposition which asserts its own
unprovability. 15 ...
(Gödel 1931:43-44)

Gödel, Kurt 1931.
On Formally Undecidable Propositions of Principia Mathematica And
Related Systems

https://mavdisk.mnsu.edu/pj2943kt/Fall%202015/Promotion%20Application/Previous%20Years%20Article%2022%20Materials/godel-1931.pdf

--
Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius

Re: My unique take on Gödel 1931 Incompleteness

<ugkt0f$2n4lr$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=49001&group=comp.theory#49001

From: polcott2@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory,sci.math
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 21:54:07 -0500
 by: olcott - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 02:54 UTC

On 10/16/2023 9:40 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 10/16/2023 9:00 PM, olcott wrote:
>> My unique take on Gödel 1931 Incompleteness (also self-referential)
>> Any expression of the language of formal system F that asserts its
>> own unprovability in F to be proven in F requires a sequence of
>> inference steps in F that prove they themselves do not exist.
>>
>> It is not at all that F is in any way incomplete.
>> It is simply that self-contradictory statements cannot be proven
>> because they are erroneous.
>>

> The most important aspect of Gödel's 1931 Incompleteness theorem are
> these plain English direct quotes of Gödel from his paper:
> ...there is also a close relationship with the “liar” antinomy,14 ...
> ...14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used for a similar
> undecidability proof...
> ...We are therefore confronted with a proposition which asserts its own
> unprovability. 15 ...
> (Gödel 1931:43-44)
>
> Gödel, Kurt 1931.
> On Formally Undecidable Propositions of Principia Mathematica And
> Related Systems
>
> https://mavdisk.mnsu.edu/pj2943kt/Fall%202015/Promotion%20Application/Previous%20Years%20Article%2022%20Materials/godel-1931.pdf

This proves that Gödel 1931 Incompleteness is anchored in
self-contradiction
....14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used for a similar
undecidability proof...

--
Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius

Re: My unique take on Gödel 1931 Incompleteness

<ugku36$1pa8g$6@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=49002&group=comp.theory#49002

From: richard@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory,sci.math
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 23:12:38 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 03:12 UTC

On 10/16/23 10:54 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 10/16/2023 9:40 PM, olcott wrote:
>> On 10/16/2023 9:00 PM, olcott wrote:
>>> My unique take on Gödel 1931 Incompleteness (also self-referential)
>>> Any expression of the language of formal system F that asserts its
>>> own unprovability in F to be proven in F requires a sequence of
>>> inference steps in F that prove they themselves do not exist.
>>>
>>> It is not at all that F is in any way incomplete.
>>> It is simply that self-contradictory statements cannot be proven
>>> because they are erroneous.
>>>

>> The most important aspect of Gödel's 1931 Incompleteness theorem are
>> these plain English direct quotes of Gödel from his paper:
>> ...there is also a close relationship with the “liar” antinomy,14 ...
>> ...14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used for a
>> similar undecidability proof...
>> ...We are therefore confronted with a proposition which asserts its
>> own unprovability. 15 ...
>> (Gödel 1931:43-44)
>>
>> Gödel, Kurt 1931.
>> On Formally Undecidable Propositions of Principia Mathematica And
>> Related Systems
>>
>> https://mavdisk.mnsu.edu/pj2943kt/Fall%202015/Promotion%20Application/Previous%20Years%20Article%2022%20Materials/godel-1931.pdf
>>

> This proves that Gödel 1931 Incompleteness is anchored in
> self-contradiction
> ...14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used for a similar
> undecidability proof...

Nope, it proves that you don't know what you are talking about and are
just a stupid liar.

You don't understand what he is saying here, it is above your head.

You don't even understand the Reader's Digest version it seems.

Too bad you have ruined your life.

Still watching that kiddie porn? or did they take it away from you?

Re: My unique take on Gödel 1931 Incompleteness

<ugkui3$2nel3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=49003&group=comp.theory#49003

From: polcott2@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory,sci.math
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 22:20:35 -0500
 by: olcott - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 03:20 UTC

On 10/16/2023 9:54 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 10/16/2023 9:40 PM, olcott wrote:
>> On 10/16/2023 9:00 PM, olcott wrote:
>>> My unique take on Gödel 1931 Incompleteness (also self-referential)
>>> Any expression of the language of formal system F that asserts its
>>> own unprovability in F to be proven in F requires a sequence of
>>> inference steps in F that prove they themselves do not exist.
>>>
>>> It is not at all that F is in any way incomplete.
>>> It is simply that self-contradictory statements cannot be proven
>>> because they are erroneous.
>>>

>> The most important aspect of Gödel's 1931 Incompleteness theorem are
>> these plain English direct quotes of Gödel from his paper:
>> ...there is also a close relationship with the “liar” antinomy,14 ...
>> ...14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used for a
>> similar undecidability proof...
>> ...We are therefore confronted with a proposition which asserts its
>> own unprovability. 15 ...
>> (Gödel 1931:43-44)
>>
>> Gödel, Kurt 1931.
>> On Formally Undecidable Propositions of Principia Mathematica And
>> Related Systems
>>
>> https://mavdisk.mnsu.edu/pj2943kt/Fall%202015/Promotion%20Application/Previous%20Years%20Article%2022%20Materials/godel-1931.pdf
>>

> This proves that Gödel 1931 Incompleteness is anchored in
> self-contradiction
> ...14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used for a similar
> undecidability proof...

Why would Gödel say this?

--
Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius

Re: My unique take on Gödel 1931 Incompleteness

<ugkvgf$2nel3$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=49006&group=comp.theory#49006

From: polcott2@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory,sci.math
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 22:36:47 -0500
 by: olcott - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 03:36 UTC

On 10/16/2023 9:40 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 10/16/2023 9:00 PM, olcott wrote:
>> My unique take on Gödel 1931 Incompleteness (also self-referential)
>> Any expression of the language of formal system F that asserts its
>> own unprovability in F to be proven in F requires a sequence of
>> inference steps in F that prove they themselves do not exist.
>>
>> It is not at all that F is in any way incomplete.
>> It is simply that self-contradictory statements cannot be proven
>> because they are erroneous.
>>

> The most important aspect of Gödel's 1931 Incompleteness theorem are
> these plain English direct quotes of Gödel from his paper:
> ...there is also a close relationship with the “liar” antinomy,14 ...
> ...14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used for a similar
> undecidability proof...
> ...We are therefore confronted with a proposition which asserts its own
> unprovability. 15 ...
> (Gödel 1931:43-44)
>
> Gödel, Kurt 1931.
> On Formally Undecidable Propositions of Principia Mathematica And
> Related Systems
>
> https://mavdisk.mnsu.edu/pj2943kt/Fall%202015/Promotion%20Application/Previous%20Years%20Article%2022%20Materials/godel-1931.pdf

*Antinomy* (Greek αντι-, against, plus νομος, law) literally means the
mutual incompatibility, real or apparent, of two laws. It is a term
*often used in logic and epistemology*, *when describing a paradox or*
*unresolvable contradiction*
https://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Antinomy

Quoted from above
....14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used for a similar
undecidability proof...

Why would Gödel say this?

The fact that you found a loophole in Carol's
question proves that you can analyze things.

I let the PhD computer science professor know
about this loophole.

--
Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius

Re: My unique take on Gödel 1931 Incompleteness

<ugkvqb$2nel3$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=49007&group=comp.theory#49007

From: polcott2@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory,sci.math
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 22:42:03 -0500
 by: olcott - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 03:42 UTC

On 10/16/2023 9:40 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 10/16/2023 9:00 PM, olcott wrote:
>> My unique take on Gödel 1931 Incompleteness (also self-referential)
>> Any expression of the language of formal system F that asserts its
>> own unprovability in F to be proven in F requires a sequence of
>> inference steps in F that prove they themselves do not exist.
>>
>> It is not at all that F is in any way incomplete.
>> It is simply that self-contradictory statements cannot be proven
>> because they are erroneous.
>>

> The most important aspect of Gödel's 1931 Incompleteness theorem are
> these plain English direct quotes of Gödel from his paper:
> ...there is also a close relationship with the “liar” antinomy,14 ...
> ...14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used for a similar
> undecidability proof...
> ...We are therefore confronted with a proposition which asserts its own
> unprovability. 15 ...
> (Gödel 1931:43-44)
>
> Gödel, Kurt 1931.
> On Formally Undecidable Propositions of Principia Mathematica And
> Related Systems
>
> https://mavdisk.mnsu.edu/pj2943kt/Fall%202015/Promotion%20Application/Previous%20Years%20Article%2022%20Materials/godel-1931.pdf

*Antinomy* (Greek αντι-, against, plus νομος, law) literally means the
mutual incompatibility, real or apparent, of two laws. It is a term
*often used in logic and epistemology*, *when describing a paradox or*
*unresolvable contradiction*
https://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Antinomy

Quoted from above
....14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used for a similar
undecidability proof...

Why would Gödel say this?

--
Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius

Re: My unique take on Gödel 1931 Incompleteness

<ugkvqo$2nel3$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=49008&group=comp.theory#49008

From: polcott2@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory,sci.math
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 22:42:16 -0500
 by: olcott - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 03:42 UTC

On 10/16/2023 9:40 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 10/16/2023 9:00 PM, olcott wrote:
>> My unique take on Gödel 1931 Incompleteness (also self-referential)
>> Any expression of the language of formal system F that asserts its
>> own unprovability in F to be proven in F requires a sequence of
>> inference steps in F that prove they themselves do not exist.
>>
>> It is not at all that F is in any way incomplete.
>> It is simply that self-contradictory statements cannot be proven
>> because they are erroneous.
>>

> The most important aspect of Gödel's 1931 Incompleteness theorem are
> these plain English direct quotes of Gödel from his paper:
> ...there is also a close relationship with the “liar” antinomy,14 ...
> ...14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used for a similar
> undecidability proof...
> ...We are therefore confronted with a proposition which asserts its own
> unprovability. 15 ...
> (Gödel 1931:43-44)
>
> Gödel, Kurt 1931.
> On Formally Undecidable Propositions of Principia Mathematica And
> Related Systems
>
> https://mavdisk.mnsu.edu/pj2943kt/Fall%202015/Promotion%20Application/Previous%20Years%20Article%2022%20Materials/godel-1931.pdf

*Antinomy* (Greek αντι-, against, plus νομος, law) literally means the
mutual incompatibility, real or apparent, of two laws. It is a term
*often used in logic and epistemology*, *when describing a paradox or*
*unresolvable contradiction*
https://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Antinomy

Quoted from above
....14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used for a similar
undecidability proof...

Why would Gödel say this?
--
Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius

Re: My unique take on Gödel 1931 Incompleteness

<ugl0t0$2nel3$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=49009&group=comp.theory#49009

From: polcott2@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory,sci.math
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 23:00:32 -0500
 by: olcott - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 04:00 UTC

On 10/16/2023 9:40 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 10/16/2023 9:00 PM, olcott wrote:
>> My unique take on Gödel 1931 Incompleteness (also self-referential)
>> Any expression of the language of formal system F that asserts its
>> own unprovability in F to be proven in F requires a sequence of
>> inference steps in F that prove they themselves do not exist.
>>
>> It is not at all that F is in any way incomplete.
>> It is simply that self-contradictory statements cannot be proven
>> because they are erroneous.
>>

> The most important aspect of Gödel's 1931 Incompleteness theorem are
> these plain English direct quotes of Gödel from his paper:
> ...there is also a close relationship with the “liar” antinomy,14 ...
> ...14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used for a similar
> undecidability proof...
> ...We are therefore confronted with a proposition which asserts its own
> unprovability. 15 ...
> (Gödel 1931:43-44)
>
> Gödel, Kurt 1931.
> On Formally Undecidable Propositions of Principia Mathematica And
> Related Systems
>
> https://mavdisk.mnsu.edu/pj2943kt/Fall%202015/Promotion%20Application/Previous%20Years%20Article%2022%20Materials/godel-1931.pdf

*Antinomy* (Greek αντι-, against, plus νομος, law) literally means the
mutual incompatibility, real or apparent, of two laws. It is a term
*often used in logic and epistemology, when describing a paradox or*
*unresolvable contradiction*
https://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Antinomy

Quoted from above
....14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used for a similar
undecidability proof...

Why would Gödel say this?
You have good analytical skills try and provide
some reasoning.

--
Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius

Re: My unique take on Gödel 1931 Incompleteness

<uglsek$1qt39$1@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=49011&group=comp.theory#49011

From: richard@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory,sci.math
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 07:50:44 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 11:50 UTC

On 10/17/23 12:00 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 10/16/2023 9:40 PM, olcott wrote:
>> On 10/16/2023 9:00 PM, olcott wrote:
>>> My unique take on Gödel 1931 Incompleteness (also self-referential)
>>> Any expression of the language of formal system F that asserts its
>>> own unprovability in F to be proven in F requires a sequence of
>>> inference steps in F that prove they themselves do not exist.
>>>
>>> It is not at all that F is in any way incomplete.
>>> It is simply that self-contradictory statements cannot be proven
>>> because they are erroneous.
>>>

>> The most important aspect of Gödel's 1931 Incompleteness theorem are
>> these plain English direct quotes of Gödel from his paper:
>> ...there is also a close relationship with the “liar” antinomy,14 ...
>> ...14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used for a
>> similar undecidability proof...
>> ...We are therefore confronted with a proposition which asserts its
>> own unprovability. 15 ...
>> (Gödel 1931:43-44)
>>
>> Gödel, Kurt 1931.
>> On Formally Undecidable Propositions of Principia Mathematica And
>> Related Systems
>>
>> https://mavdisk.mnsu.edu/pj2943kt/Fall%202015/Promotion%20Application/Previous%20Years%20Article%2022%20Materials/godel-1931.pdf
>>

> *Antinomy* (Greek αντι-, against, plus νομος, law) literally means the
> mutual incompatibility, real or apparent, of two laws. It is a term
> *often used in logic and epistemology, when describing a paradox or*
> *unresolvable contradiction*
> https://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Antinomy
>
> Quoted from above
> ...14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used for a similar
> undecidability proof...
>
> Why would Gödel say this?
> You have good analytical skills try and provide
> some reasoning.

Because he is smarter than you and knows how to transform statements.

Your just repeating yourself is shown your stupidity. You seem to think
that the disinformational technique of repeating the lie until people
think it is true is valid logic.

You are just showing your stupidity.

You really are.

Re: My unique take on Gödel 1931 Incompleteness

<uglset$1qt39$3@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=49013&group=comp.theory#49013

From: richard@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory,sci.math
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 07:50:53 -0400

On 10/16/23 11:42 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 10/16/2023 9:40 PM, olcott wrote:
>> On 10/16/2023 9:00 PM, olcott wrote:
>>> My unique take on Gödel 1931 Incompleteness (also self-referential)
>>> Any expression of the language of formal system F that asserts its
>>> own unprovability in F to be proven in F requires a sequence of
>>> inference steps in F that prove they themselves do not exist.
>>>
>>> It is not at all that F is in any way incomplete.
>>> It is simply that self-contradictory statements cannot be proven
>>> because they are erroneous.
>>>

>> The most important aspect of Gödel's 1931 Incompleteness theorem are
>> these plain English direct quotes of Gödel from his paper:
>> ...there is also a close relationship with the “liar” antinomy,14 ...
>> ...14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used for a
>> similar undecidability proof...
>> ...We are therefore confronted with a proposition which asserts its
>> own unprovability. 15 ...
>> (Gödel 1931:43-44)
>>
>> Gödel, Kurt 1931.
>> On Formally Undecidable Propositions of Principia Mathematica And
>> Related Systems
>>
>> https://mavdisk.mnsu.edu/pj2943kt/Fall%202015/Promotion%20Application/Previous%20Years%20Article%2022%20Materials/godel-1931.pdf
>>

> *Antinomy* (Greek αντι-, against, plus νομος, law) literally means the
> mutual incompatibility, real or apparent, of two laws. It is a term
> *often used in logic and epistemology*, *when describing a paradox or*
> *unresolvable contradiction*
> https://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Antinomy
>
> Quoted from above
> ...14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used for a similar
> undecidability proof...
>
> Why would Gödel say this?

Because he is smarter than you and knows how to transform statements.

Your just repeating yourself is shown your stupidity. You seem to think
that the disinformational technique of repeating the lie until people
think it is true is valid logic.

You are just showing your stupidity.

Re: My unique take on Gödel 1931 Incompleteness

<uglsf2$1qt39$4@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=49014&group=comp.theory#49014

From: richard@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory,sci.math
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 07:50:58 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 11:50 UTC

On 10/16/23 11:42 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 10/16/2023 9:40 PM, olcott wrote:
>> On 10/16/2023 9:00 PM, olcott wrote:
>>> My unique take on Gödel 1931 Incompleteness (also self-referential)
>>> Any expression of the language of formal system F that asserts its
>>> own unprovability in F to be proven in F requires a sequence of
>>> inference steps in F that prove they themselves do not exist.
>>>
>>> It is not at all that F is in any way incomplete.
>>> It is simply that self-contradictory statements cannot be proven
>>> because they are erroneous.
>>>

>> The most important aspect of Gödel's 1931 Incompleteness theorem are
>> these plain English direct quotes of Gödel from his paper:
>> ...there is also a close relationship with the “liar” antinomy,14 ...
>> ...14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used for a
>> similar undecidability proof...
>> ...We are therefore confronted with a proposition which asserts its
>> own unprovability. 15 ...
>> (Gödel 1931:43-44)
>>
>> Gödel, Kurt 1931.
>> On Formally Undecidable Propositions of Principia Mathematica And
>> Related Systems
>>
>> https://mavdisk.mnsu.edu/pj2943kt/Fall%202015/Promotion%20Application/Previous%20Years%20Article%2022%20Materials/godel-1931.pdf
>

> *Antinomy* (Greek αντι-, against, plus νομος, law) literally means the
> mutual incompatibility, real or apparent, of two laws. It is a term
> *often used in logic and epistemology*, *when describing a paradox or*
> *unresolvable contradiction*
> https://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Antinomy
>
> Quoted from above
> ...14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used for a similar
> undecidability proof...
>
> Why would Gödel say this?

Because he is smarter than you and knows how to transform statements.

Your just repeating yourself is shown your stupidity. You seem to think
that the disinformational technique of repeating the lie until people
think it is true is valid logic.

You are just showing your stupidity.

Re: My unique take on Gödel 1931 Incompleteness

<uglsf8$1qt39$5@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=49015&group=comp.theory#49015

From: richard@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory,sci.math
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 07:51:04 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 11:51 UTC

On 10/16/23 11:36 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 10/16/2023 9:40 PM, olcott wrote:
>> On 10/16/2023 9:00 PM, olcott wrote:
>>> My unique take on Gödel 1931 Incompleteness (also self-referential)
>>> Any expression of the language of formal system F that asserts its
>>> own unprovability in F to be proven in F requires a sequence of
>>> inference steps in F that prove they themselves do not exist.
>>>
>>> It is not at all that F is in any way incomplete.
>>> It is simply that self-contradictory statements cannot be proven
>>> because they are erroneous.
>>>

>> The most important aspect of Gödel's 1931 Incompleteness theorem are
>> these plain English direct quotes of Gödel from his paper:
>> ...there is also a close relationship with the “liar” antinomy,14 ...
>> ...14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used for a
>> similar undecidability proof...
>> ...We are therefore confronted with a proposition which asserts its
>> own unprovability. 15 ...
>> (Gödel 1931:43-44)
>>
>> Gödel, Kurt 1931.
>> On Formally Undecidable Propositions of Principia Mathematica And
>> Related Systems
>>
>> https://mavdisk.mnsu.edu/pj2943kt/Fall%202015/Promotion%20Application/Previous%20Years%20Article%2022%20Materials/godel-1931.pdf
>>

> *Antinomy* (Greek αντι-, against, plus νομος, law) literally means the
> mutual incompatibility, real or apparent, of two laws. It is a term
> *often used in logic and epistemology*, *when describing a paradox or*
> *unresolvable contradiction*
> https://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Antinomy
>
> Quoted from above
> ...14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used for a similar
> undecidability proof...
>
> Why would Gödel say this?\

Because he is smarter than you and knows how to transform statements.

> The fact that you found a loophole in Carol's
> question proves that you can analyze things.
>
> I let the PhD computer science professor know
> about this loophole.

Re: My unique take on Gödel 1931 Incompleteness

<uglsfd$1qt39$6@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=49016&group=comp.theory#49016

From: richard@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory,sci.math
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 07:51:09 -0400

On 10/16/23 11:20 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 10/16/2023 9:54 PM, olcott wrote:

>>> The most important aspect of Gödel's 1931 Incompleteness theorem are
>>> these plain English direct quotes of Gödel from his paper:
>>> ...there is also a close relationship with the “liar” antinomy,14 ...
>>> ...14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used for a
>>> similar undecidability proof...
>>> ...We are therefore confronted with a proposition which asserts its
>>> own unprovability. 15 ...
>>> (Gödel 1931:43-44)
>>>
>>> Gödel, Kurt 1931.
>>> On Formally Undecidable Propositions of Principia Mathematica And
>>> Related Systems
>>>
>>> https://mavdisk.mnsu.edu/pj2943kt/Fall%202015/Promotion%20Application/Previous%20Years%20Article%2022%20Materials/godel-1931.pdf
>>>

>> This proves that Gödel 1931 Incompleteness is anchored in
>> self-contradiction
>> ...14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used for a similar
>> undecidability proof...
>
> Why would Gödel say this?

Because it is true.

You are just to dumb to understand his arguments transforms the
epistemological antimony into something else, that isn't one.

The transformed sentence is no longer a contradiction, but becomes a
proof that something is True but unprovable.