The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

devel / comp.theory / Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttal

SubjectAuthor
* Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalolcott
+- Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon
`* Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalolcott
 +- Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon
 `* Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalolcott
  +- Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon
  `* Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalolcott
   +- Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon
   +* Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalolcott
   |+- Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon
   |`* Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalolcott
   | `- Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon
   `* Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalolcott
    +- Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon
    `* Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalolcott
     +- Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon
     `* Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalolcott
      +* Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalwij
      |`* Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalolcott
      | +* Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalwij
      | |`* Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalolcott
      | | `- Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon
      | `- Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon
      +- Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon
      `* Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalolcott
       +- Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon
       `* Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalolcott
        +- Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon
        `* Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalolcott
         +- Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon
         +- Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon
         `* Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalolcott
          +- Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon
          `* Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalolcott
           `- Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon

Pages:12
Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttal

<ugklv8$1pa8g$2@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=48993&group=comp.theory#48993

From: richard@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttal
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 20:54:00 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 00:54 UTC

On 10/16/23 7:41 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 10/16/2023 5:33 PM, wij wrote:

>>> I am making statements
>>> Can Jack correctly answer “no” to this [yes/no] question?
>>> Jack's question when posed to Jack is self-contradictory and that
>>> is the reason why both answers from the solution set of {yes, no}
>>> are the wrong answer.
>>>
>>> No computer program H can correctly say what another computer
>>> program D will do when D does the opposite of whatever H says.
>>>
>>> Both of the above two *are* essentially *self-contradictory questions*
>>> when the full context of *who is asked* is understood to be a mandatory
>>> aspect of the meaning of these questions.
>>> Self-contradictory questions thus are incorrect in the same way that
>>> self-contradictory statements are incorrect.
>> Self-contradictory statements are self-contradictory statements.
>> 'Incorrect' depends on correct. So, what is the correct answer before
>> the answer is unknown?
>
> Any question that lacks a correct answer because there is something
> wrong with the question is an incorrect question.
>
> A self-contradictory question is a yes/no question that lacks
> a correct answer because it contradicts both yes and no.

Except that the Halting problem question, namely, does the machine
described by the input Halt, HAS a correct answer, H just doesn't give it.

Your claiming a different question as being "equivalent" just shows you
are a liar or an idiot, as you KNOW they have different results in this
case, so they can't actually be equivalent.

Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttal

<ugkq3m$2mf1b$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=48995&group=comp.theory#48995

From: polcott2@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 21:04:33 -0500
 by: olcott - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 02:04 UTC

On 10/16/2023 6:38 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 10/16/2023 9:18 AM, olcott wrote:

>>> Each element of the infinite set of every possible encoding of H
>>> is a program. I am sure that you already knew this.
>>>

>> Each element of the set of every possible combination of H and input D
>> where D does the opposite of of whatever Boolean value that H returns
>> <is> the infinite set of every halting problem decider/input pair.
>>

> "Wrong, for EVERY input, there is a correct answer"
>
> For every halting problem decider/input pair there
> is no correct Boolean value that can be returned
> by this decider because this input to this pair
> is a self-contradictory thus incorrect question
> for this decider.
>
> The some other decider can answer some other question
> is no rebuttal at all.
>
> An input D to a decider H1 having no pathological relationship
> to this decider is an entirely different question than this
> same input input to decider H that has been defined to do the
> opposite of whatever value that H returns.

Does machine D halt on input D?
Is a self-contradictory question for H when D is defined
to do the opposite of whatever Boolean value that H returns
and not a self-contradictory question for H1.

That D contradicts H and does not contradict H1
proves that these are two different questions.

--
Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius

Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttal

<ugkr1u$1pa8g$4@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=48998&group=comp.theory#48998

From: richard@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 22:20:45 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 02:20 UTC

On 10/16/23 10:04 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 10/16/2023 6:38 PM, olcott wrote:

>>> Each element of the set of every possible combination of H and input
>>> D where D does the opposite of of whatever Boolean value that H returns
>>> <is> the infinite set of every halting problem decider/input pair.
>>>

>> "Wrong, for EVERY input, there is a correct answer"
>>
>> For every halting problem decider/input pair there
>> is no correct Boolean value that can be returned
>> by this decider because this input to this pair
>> is a self-contradictory thus incorrect question
>> for this decider.
>>
>> The some other decider can answer some other question
>> is no rebuttal at all.
>>
>> An input D to a decider H1 having no pathological relationship
>> to this decider is an entirely different question than this
>> same input input to decider H that has been defined to do the
>> opposite of whatever value that H returns.
>
> Does machine D halt on input D?

Yes.

> Is a self-contradictory question for H when D is defined
> to do the opposite of whatever Boolean value that H returns

Why is it "self-contradictory?" What "Self" did it contradict.

D contradics H, not "itself".

> and not a self-contradictory question for H1.
>
> That D contradicts H and does not contradict H1
> proves that these are two different questions.

Nope.

Since D(D) Halts ALWAYS the answer to, "does it halt?", is YES.

ALWAYS.

Even for H

Remember, H was defined too, so H does what H always did. and is wrong.

Nothong "Self-Contradictory", just WRONG, as are you.

You are just proving yourself to be a lying idiot.

Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttal

<ugkst3$2n4lr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=49000&group=comp.theory#49000

From: polcott2@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 21:52:17 -0500
 by: olcott - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 02:52 UTC

On 10/16/2023 9:04 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 10/16/2023 6:38 PM, olcott wrote:

>>> Each element of the set of every possible combination of H and input
>>> D where D does the opposite of of whatever Boolean value that H returns
>>> <is> the infinite set of every halting problem decider/input pair.
>>>

>> "Wrong, for EVERY input, there is a correct answer"
>>
>> For every halting problem decider/input pair there
>> is no correct Boolean value that can be returned
>> by this decider because this input to this pair
>> is a self-contradictory thus incorrect question
>> for this decider.
>>
>> The some other decider can answer some other question
>> is no rebuttal at all.
>>
>> An input D to a decider H1 having no pathological relationship
>> to this decider is an entirely different question than this
>> same input input to decider H that has been defined to do the
>> opposite of whatever value that H returns.
>
> Does machine D halt on input D?
> Is a self-contradictory question for H when D is defined
> to do the opposite of whatever Boolean value that H returns
> and not a self-contradictory question for H1.
>
> That D contradicts H and does not contradict H1
> proves that these are two different questions.

That H(D,D) cannot possibly return either Boolean
value that corresponds to the direct execution of any
D that is defined to do the opposite of whatever value
that H returns proves that the decider/input pair is
self-contradictory for this decider.

When D does the opposite of whatever H says this
<is> self-contradictory in the same way that
"This sentence is not true." contradicts itself.

--
Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius

Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttal

<ugkuj7$1pa8h$1@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=49004&group=comp.theory#49004

From: richard@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 23:21:11 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 03:21 UTC

On 10/16/23 10:52 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 10/16/2023 9:04 PM, olcott wrote:

>>> "Wrong, for EVERY input, there is a correct answer"
>>>
>>> For every halting problem decider/input pair there
>>> is no correct Boolean value that can be returned
>>> by this decider because this input to this pair
>>> is a self-contradictory thus incorrect question
>>> for this decider.
>>>
>>> The some other decider can answer some other question
>>> is no rebuttal at all.
>>>
>>> An input D to a decider H1 having no pathological relationship
>>> to this decider is an entirely different question than this
>>> same input input to decider H that has been defined to do the
>>> opposite of whatever value that H returns.
>>
>> Does machine D halt on input D?
>> Is a self-contradictory question for H when D is defined
>> to do the opposite of whatever Boolean value that H returns
>> and not a self-contradictory question for H1.
>>
>> That D contradicts H and does not contradict H1
>> proves that these are two different questions.
>>

> That H(D,D) cannot possibly return either Boolean
> value that corresponds to the direct execution of any
> D that is defined to do the opposite of whatever value
> that H returns proves that the decider/input pair is
> self-contradictory for this decider.
>
> When D does the opposite of whatever H says this
> <is> self-contradictory in the same way that
> "This sentence is not true." contradicts itself.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttal

<ugkukf$1pa8h$2@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=49005&group=comp.theory#49005

From: richard@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 23:21:51 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 03:21 UTC

On 10/16/23 10:52 PM, olcott wrote:

> That H(D,D) cannot possibly return either Boolean
> value that corresponds to the direct execution of any
> D that is defined to do the opposite of whatever value
> that H returns proves that the decider/input pair is
> self-contradictory for this decider.
>
> When D does the opposite of whatever H says this
> <is> self-contradictory in the same way that
> "This sentence is not true." contradicts itself.

H(D,D) can only return 1 value, becuase of how it is programed.

It is a category error to talk about H returning anything other than
what it is programmed to do.

You clearly don't understand how programs work

You don't even seem to know what "Self" means.

You don't understand how logic works.

You are just continuing to prove that you are nothing but a hypocritical
lying idiot.

You claim to want to fight disinformation, but you spread it yourself.

You going down in history as a laughing stock.

Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttal

<ugnlrc$3eqsv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=49019&group=comp.theory#49019

From: polcott2@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 23:10:20 -0500
 by: olcott - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 04:10 UTC

On 10/16/2023 9:52 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 10/16/2023 9:04 PM, olcott wrote:

>>> "Wrong, for EVERY input, there is a correct answer"
>>>
>>> For every halting problem decider/input pair there
>>> is no correct Boolean value that can be returned
>>> by this decider because this input to this pair
>>> is a self-contradictory thus incorrect question
>>> for this decider.
>>>
>>> The some other decider can answer some other question
>>> is no rebuttal at all.
>>>
>>> An input D to a decider H1 having no pathological relationship
>>> to this decider is an entirely different question than this
>>> same input input to decider H that has been defined to do the
>>> opposite of whatever value that H returns.
>>
>> Does machine D halt on input D?
>> Is a self-contradictory question for H when D is defined
>> to do the opposite of whatever Boolean value that H returns
>> and not a self-contradictory question for H1.
>>
>> That D contradicts H and does not contradict H1
>> proves that these are two different questions.
>>

> That H(D,D) cannot possibly return either Boolean
> value that corresponds to the direct execution of any
> D that is defined to do the opposite of whatever value
> that H returns proves that the decider/input pair is
> self-contradictory for this decider.
>
> When D does the opposite of whatever H says this
> <is> self-contradictory in the same way that
> "This sentence is not true." contradicts itself.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttal

<ugoe3u$1v0v7$1@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=49021&group=comp.theory#49021

From: richard@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 07:04:30 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 11:04 UTC

<ugor87$3muq7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=49022&group=comp.theory#49022

From: polcott2@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 09:48:39 -0500
 by: olcott - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 14:48 UTC

On 10/17/2023 11:10 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 10/16/2023 9:52 PM, olcott wrote:

>>> Does machine D halt on input D?
>>> Is a self-contradictory question for H when D is defined
>>> to do the opposite of whatever Boolean value that H returns
>>> and not a self-contradictory question for H1.
>>>
>>> That D contradicts H and does not contradict H1
>>> proves that these are two different questions.
>>>

>> That H(D,D) cannot possibly return either Boolean
>> value that corresponds to the direct execution of any
>> D that is defined to do the opposite of whatever value
>> that H returns proves that the decider/input pair is
>> self-contradictory for this decider.
>>
>> When D does the opposite of whatever H says this
>> <is> self-contradictory in the same way that
>> "This sentence is not true." contradicts itself.
>>

> I told the computer science professor about
> the loophole you found in his work.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttal

<ugotd6$1vmr0$1@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=49023&group=comp.theory#49023

From: richard@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 11:25:26 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 15:25 UTC