From: submissions@telecom-digest.org (The Telecom Digest)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: 2023 Workers Memorial Day: Organize for Safe Jobs [telecom]
Date: 27 Apr 2023 23:54:51 -0400
Sender: alias@iecc.com
 by: The Telecom Digest - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 03:54 UTC

Tomorrow, April 28, is Workers Memorial Day, when we remember workers
killed or injured on the job and renew our commitment to fight for
strong safety and health protections.

Workers are increasingly taking collective action and forming
unions. Ensuring safe working conditions has been one of the
centerpieces driving this movement. Workers in some of the most
dangerous occupations, like tower climbers, who are organizing for a
voice on the job with CWA, are taking advantage of this momentum and
fighting for permanent safety measures that will ensure the safety of
workers for generations to come. As part of this broader campaign,
members of the Tower Climbers Union/CWA have launched a public
petition to raise awareness and hold companies accountable.

https://cwa-union.org/news/2023-workers-memorial-day-organize-safe-jobs