If it has syntax, it isn't user friendly.

computers / news.admin.net-abuse.usenet / Re: google prediction

SubjectAuthor
* Re: google predictionIndira
+* Re: google predictionScott Dorsey
|+* Re: google predictionMarco Moock
||+* Re: google predictionScott Dorsey
|||`- Re: google predictionThe Doctor
||`- Re: google predictionThe Doctor
|`- Re: google predictionThe Doctor
+- Re: google predictionThe Doctor
`- Re: google predictionyamo'

1
Re: google prediction

<ur4bh2$24mie$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4959&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#4959

From: indira@ghandi.net (Indira)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Subject: Re: google prediction
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 13:46:34 +0530
 by: Indira - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 08:16 UTC

William Unruh wrote:

> Google is the apparently the site of most of the
> spam/troll-farm infectation,.... precisely because it is so easy to do
> so. Make it harder an many will give up.

I respectfully both agree and disagree with the way it's stated above.

Just as most people may disagree if I postulated that gravity is due to
some kind of almost unfathomable confluence of 4-dimensional (or maybe 11?)
spacetime rushing inward like a river toward mass:energy at 11km/second at
the same time that the mass:energy electrostatic forces push outward
(equivalence principle) at what we measure at 9.8 meters/sec/sec), that's
how I think of gravity.

Two opposing forces.
Meeting at the twain.

Likewise with that huge increase in spam emanating from Google servers.
Except there isn't any opposing force by Google.

Spammers will always spam.
But Google should STOP them from spamming.

That's the confluence of the two opposing forces.
Meeting at the twain in the middle.

Google can implement spam filters.
They can.
And they do.

At least for GMail they do.
Right?

The spammers spam analogy is electrostatic forces accelerating us outward.
The Google onrushing river of spacetime forces push back into the ground.

Electrostatic forces can oppose onrushing spacetime.
So why can't Google implement spam filters for their Usenet users?

Re: google prediction

<ur4s17$svl$1@panix2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4961&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#4961

From: kludge@panix.com (Scott Dorsey)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Date: 21 Feb 2024 12:58:15 -0000
 by: Scott Dorsey - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 12:58 UTC

Indira <indira@ghandi.net> wrote:

>Electrostatic forces can oppose onrushing spacetime.
>So why can't Google implement spam filters for their Usenet users?

Because gmail is run by a huge army of people who spend a lot of time tuning
spam filters. And Google Groups does not seem to be run by anyone. It is
just left there, turning over unattended. I have talked to a lot of people
at Google and none of them have ever met anyone who worked for Google Groups.
Maybe there are a couple managers and a part-time admin but there is certainly
nowhere near the staffing needed.

And I think Google made the decision to disconnect from Usenet because it was
easier than fixing their problems, which had got bad enough that even they
could no longer ignore them.
--scott

Re: google prediction

<ur4urt$35v93$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4962&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#4962

From: mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 14:46:37 +0100
 by: Marco Moock - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 13:46 UTC

On 21.02.2024 um 12:58 Uhr Scott Dorsey wrote:

> Because gmail is run by a huge army of people who spend a lot of time
> tuning spam filters.

Not for outgoing spam.

--
kind regards
Marco

Send spam to muell456@cartoonies.org

Re: google prediction

<ur4v76$ecm$1@panix2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4964&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#4964

From: kludge@panix.com (Scott Dorsey)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Date: 21 Feb 2024 13:52:38 -0000
 by: Scott Dorsey - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 13:52 UTC

Marco Moock <mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de> wrote:
>On 21.02.2024 um 12:58 Uhr Scott Dorsey wrote:
>
>> Because gmail is run by a huge army of people who spend a lot of time
>> tuning spam filters.
>
>Not for outgoing spam.

Even for outgoing spam.

While it is true that gmail is the largest provider of email spam in the
world, they do actually put a lot of effort into trying to keep it down
and if they didn't it would be far worse and we would all be back to 2005
or so.
--scott

Re: google prediction

<ur52p4$2col$9@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4965&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#4965

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 14:53:24 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 14:53 UTC

In article <ur4bh2$24mie$1@paganini.bofh.team>,
Indira <indira@ghandi.net> wrote:
>D wrote:
>
>> the only prediction thus far is that google shall decommission their
>usenet
>> gateway as they announced last 14 december to be effective 15 february 2024
>> then moved the goal posts to the persisting expectation of 22 february 2024,
>> so they can easily modify their public announcement without previous notice
>> and keep doing that until the cows come home . . . if and when their
>usenet
>> gateway is actually disconnected, then dozens of spam-friendly news servers
>> could experience a measurable increase in spam, troll-farm infestation, etc.
>> certainly some news server administrators may be motivated to tighten their
>> restrictions on cross-posting, user registration requirements, and throttle
>> server access to limit use and potential abuse; simply limiting cross-posts
>> to five (5) and depeering any servers that allow more would be a good
>start,
>> better if crossposting were eliminated altogether, but it will get stricter
>
>William Unruh wrote:
>
>> Google is the apparently the site of most of the
>> spam/troll-farm infectation,.... precisely because it is so easy to do
>> so. Make it harder an many will give up.
>
>I respectfully both agree and disagree with the way it's stated above.
>
>Just as most people may disagree if I postulated that gravity is due to
>some kind of almost unfathomable confluence of 4-dimensional (or maybe 11?)
>spacetime rushing inward like a river toward mass:energy at 11km/second at
>the same time that the mass:energy electrostatic forces push outward
>(equivalence principle) at what we measure at 9.8 meters/sec/sec), that's
>how I think of gravity.
>
>Two opposing forces.
>Meeting at the twain.
>
>Likewise with that huge increase in spam emanating from Google servers.
>Except there isn't any opposing force by Google.
>
>Spammers will always spam.
>But Google should STOP them from spamming.
>
>That's the confluence of the two opposing forces.
>Meeting at the twain in the middle.
>
>Google can implement spam filters.
>They can.
>And they do.
>
>At least for GMail they do.
>Right?

Gmail is full of spammers!

https://www.nk.ca/blog/index.php?/categories/14-Google-Spam

>The spammers spam analogy is electrostatic forces accelerating us outward.
>The Google onrushing river of spacetime forces push back into the ground.
>
>Electrostatic forces can oppose onrushing spacetime.
>So why can't Google implement spam filters for their Usenet users?

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: google prediction

<ur52qa$2col$10@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4966&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#4966

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 14:54:03 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 14:54 UTC

In article <ur4s17$svl$1@panix2.panix.com>,
Scott Dorsey <kludge@panix.com> wrote:
>Indira <indira@ghandi.net> wrote:
>>
>>Electrostatic forces can oppose onrushing spacetime.
>>So why can't Google implement spam filters for their Usenet users?
>
>Because gmail is run by a huge army of people who spend a lot of time tuning
>spam filters. And Google Groups does not seem to be run by anyone. It is
>just left there, turning over unattended. I have talked to a lot of people
>at Google and none of them have ever met anyone who worked for Google Groups.
>Maybe there are a couple managers and a part-time admin but there is certainly
>nowhere near the staffing needed.
>
>And I think Google made the decision to disconnect from Usenet because it was
>easier than fixing their problems, which had got bad enough that even they
>could no longer ignore them.
>--scott

A large spammer dorway entry!

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: google prediction

<ur52ql$2col$11@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4967&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#4967

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 14:54:13 -0000 (UTC)

In article <ur4urt$35v93$1@dont-email.me>,
Marco Moock <mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de> wrote:
>On 21.02.2024 um 12:58 Uhr Scott Dorsey wrote:
>
>> Because gmail is run by a huge army of people who spend a lot of time
>> tuning spam filters.
>
>Not for outgoing spam.

https://www.nk.ca/blog/index.php?/categories/14-Google-Spam

>--
>kind regards
>Marco
>
>Send spam to muell456@cartoonies.org

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: google prediction

<ur52rg$2col$13@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4969&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#4969

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 14:54:40 -0000 (UTC)

In article <ur4v76$ecm$1@panix2.panix.com>,
Scott Dorsey <kludge@panix.com> wrote:
>Marco Moock <mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de> wrote:
>>On 21.02.2024 um 12:58 Uhr Scott Dorsey wrote:
>>
>>> Because gmail is run by a huge army of people who spend a lot of time
>>> tuning spam filters.
>>
>>Not for outgoing spam.
>
>Even for outgoing spam.
>
>While it is true that gmail is the largest provider of email spam in the
>world, they do actually put a lot of effort into trying to keep it down
>and if they didn't it would be far worse and we would all be back to 2005
>or so.
>--scott

https://www.nk.ca/blog/index.php?/categories/14-Google-Spam

>--
>"C'est un Nagra. C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: google prediction

<AABl1w1GnfUAAC+0.A3.flnews@yamo.pasdenom.info>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4983&group=news.admin.net-abuse.usenet#4983

From: yamo@beurdin.invalid (yamo')
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 10:00:54 +0100
sha1:6y4TzoGZbb7sZCYEciXOU2n2MWI= sha256:yNYlgenrZ8dDW+hByNcuTYJe/Dw+LK0DEYqRBF5FUas=
sha1:5EODq0HTFqpj0m4H+Qs/Pf6NkLw= sha256:QGYPclD226qm6WGj/gCmLiX54D5FoUC6AmegUkbjLq8=
 by: yamo' - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 09:00 UTC

Hi,
Indira a tapoté :

> Spammers will always spam.
> But Google should STOP them from spamming.

Maybe they are not competent or simply don't bother of that.

--
Stéphane
Sorry for my bad English.