Can't open /usr/share/games/fortunes/fortunes.dat.

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-11 / Re: Change language in Outlook

SubjectAuthor
* Change language in OutlookFokke Nauta
+* Re: Change language in OutlookCarlos E.R.
|`- Re: Change language in OutlookFokke Nauta
+* Re: Change language in Outlook...w¡ñ§±¤ñ
|+* Re: Change language in OutlookPaul
||+- Re: Change language in OutlookFokke Nauta
||`- Re: Change language in Outlook...w¡ñ§±¤ñ
|`- Re: Change language in OutlookFokke Nauta
+* Re: Change language in OutlookEd Cryer
|+* Re: Change language in Outlook...w¡ñ§±¤ñ
||`* Re: Change language in OutlookFokke Nauta
|| `- Re: Change language in Outlook...w¡ñ§±¤ñ
|`* Re: Change language in OutlookFokke Nauta
| `* Re: Change language in OutlookPaul
|  `* Re: Change language in OutlookFokke Nauta
|   +* Re: Change language in OutlookPaul
|   |`- Re: Change language in OutlookCarlos E.R.
|   `- Re: Change language in Outlook...w¡ñ§±¤ñ
`* Re: Change language in OutlookFokke Nauta
 `- Re: Change language in Outlook...w¡ñ§±¤ñ

1
Change language in Outlook

<l46nd5Fjus1U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4956&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#4956

From: usenet@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Subject: Change language in Outlook
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 19:19:17 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 18:19 UTC

Hi all,

I am a volunteer in a digital help desk. A customer had a problem. She
updated Outlook on her laptop, and it worked well. It has a different
view now, but the problem is that the language in Outlook is now
English. She wants it to change it back into Dutch. I have been looking
to options to change the language, but haven't found it.
Any of you have an idea?
Thanks much in advance.

With regards,
Fokke Nauta

Re: Change language in Outlook

<7ln1bkxtf4.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4957&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#4957

From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Subject: Re: Change language in Outlook
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 19:52:55 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 18:52 UTC

On 2024-02-27 19:19, Fokke Nauta wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am a volunteer in a digital help desk. A customer had a problem. She
> updated Outlook on her laptop, and it worked well. It has a different
> view now, but the problem is that the language in Outlook is now
> English. She wants it to change it back into Dutch. I have been looking
> to options to change the language, but haven't found it.
> Any of you have an idea?
I don't know about Outlook, but generally the language is chosen at
installation time. But some apps, the language is chosen at download time.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Change language in Outlook

<urlenu$3cok0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4958&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#4958

From: winstonmvp@gmail.com (...w¡ñ§±¤ñ)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 12:55:40 -0700
 by: ...w¡ñ§±¤ñ - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 19:55 UTC

Fokke Nauta wrote on 2/27/24 11:19 AM:
> Hi all,
>
> I am a volunteer in a digital help desk. A customer had a problem. She
> updated Outlook on her laptop, and it worked well. It has a different
> view now, but the problem is that the language in Outlook is now English.
> She wants it to change it back into Dutch. I have been looking to options
> to change the language, but haven't found it.
> Any of you have an idea?
> Thanks much in advance.
>
> With regards,
> Fokke Nauta
Since there are multiple versions of Outlook, the version in use makes a
difference on language choices.
Business Basic, Windows 10/11 included, and web based versions that
provide Outlook(Office for busines, Office 365 Small Business, Microsoft
365 admin, Outlook.com New, Outlook for Windows, Outlook on the web for
Exchange Server 2016, Outlook on the web for Exchange Server 2019)
- have an Settings option for Language(Language & Time or Region & Time
Zone

Business Standard, Premium, Apps for Business and Consumer
versions(Office 2016/19/21, Personal, Family) with 'desktop' installed
Outlook default to Windows but have a Language option in
File/Options/<Language>.
- Business version managed by an admin may have restricted(not
available, not present, present but not selectable).
- Versions with the Language option available may require downloading
the desired Language pack prior to being set as 'preferred'

Other versions provided by Gov, Business, Edu(e.g. Pro Plus) have
language may have settings controlled by the admin or if not restricted
by the end user.

Without knowing your customer's version, the above should provide enough
info for you to ask for more details or direct that customer in the right
or necessary direction.

--
....w¡ñ§±¤ñ

Re: Change language in Outlook

<urllt6$3ea0h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4963&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#4963

From: ed@somewhere.in.the.uk (Ed Cryer)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 21:57:11 +0000
 by: Ed Cryer - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 21:57 UTC

Fokke Nauta wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am a volunteer in a digital help desk. A customer had a problem. She
> updated Outlook on her laptop, and it worked well. It has a different
> view now, but the problem is that the language in Outlook is now
> English. She wants it to change it back into Dutch. I have been looking
> to options to change the language, but haven't found it.
> Any of you have an idea?
> Thanks much in advance.
>
> With regards,
> Fokke Nauta

I managed to get there through Help/ another Help on left/ type in
"language" on box that appears/ Change language and ..../ wait patiently
and then a dropdown Language box appears.

There's no Dutch available, although lots of Deutsch items; none for
Holland, though.

Ed

Re: Change language in Outlook

<urlnuc$3enn3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4964&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#4964

From: winstonmvp@gmail.com (...w¡ñ§±¤ñ)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 15:32:41 -0700
 by: ...w¡ñ§±¤ñ - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 22:32 UTC

Ed Cryer wrote on 2/27/24 2:57 PM:
> Fokke Nauta wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am a volunteer in a digital help desk. A customer had a problem. She
>> updated Outlook on her laptop, and it worked well. It has a different
>> view now, but the problem is that the language in Outlook is now
>> English. She wants it to change it back into Dutch. I have been looking
>> to options to change the language, but haven't found it.
>> Any of you have an idea?
>> Thanks much in advance.
>>
>> With regards,
>> Fokke Nauta
>
> I managed to get there through Help/ another Help on left/ type in
> "language" on box that appears/ Change language and ..../ wait patiently
> and then a dropdown Language box appears.
>
> There's no Dutch available, although lots of Deutsch items; none for
> Holland, though.
>
> Ed

Possibly version specific(no Dutch)

But...M365 Family, Personal both provide Dutch[Nederlands]as an available
selection(Add/Download) for Display Language and also provide as an
Dutch[Belgium], Dutch[Nederlands] as an available selection for editing,
proofing, grammar.

Irrc - some stand-alone versions Office 2013 and later or Office Pro Plus
2013 and later may when supported have available and needed language
packs for download, but once no longer supported, language packs(online
download at office.com) have been removed or deprecated(i.e. still
functional if downloaded earlier)

--
....w¡ñ§±¤ñ

Re: Change language in Outlook

<urlpm6$3f3ei$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4965&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#4965

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 18:02:30 -0500
 by: Paul - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 23:02 UTC

On 2/27/2024 2:55 PM, ...w¡ñ§±¤ñ wrote:
> Fokke Nauta wrote on 2/27/24 11:19 AM:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am a volunteer in a digital help desk. A customer had a problem. She updated Outlook on her laptop, and it worked well. It has a different view now, but the problem is that the language in Outlook is now English. She wants it to change it back into Dutch. I have been looking to options to change the language, but haven't found it.
>> Any of you have an idea?
>> Thanks much in advance.
>>
>> With regards,
>> Fokke Nauta
> Since there are multiple versions of Outlook, the version in use makes a difference on language choices.
> Business Basic, Windows 10/11 included, and web based versions that provide Outlook(Office for busines,  Office 365 Small Business, Microsoft 365 admin, Outlook.com New, Outlook for Windows,  Outlook on the web for Exchange Server 2016, Outlook on the web for Exchange Server 2019)
>  - have an Settings option for Language(Language & Time or Region & Time Zone
>
> Business Standard, Premium, Apps for Business and Consumer versions(Office 2016/19/21, Personal, Family) with 'desktop' installed Outlook default to Windows but have a Language option in File/Options/<Language>.
>  - Business version managed by an admin may have restricted(not available, not present, present but not selectable).
>  - Versions with the Language option available may require downloading the desired Language pack prior to being set as 'preferred'
>
> Other versions provided by Gov, Business, Edu(e.g. Pro Plus) have language may have settings controlled by the admin or if not restricted by the end user.
>
> Without knowing your customer's version, the above should provide enough info for you to ask for more details or direct that customer in the right or necessary direction.

Isn't there some version of Outlook.App that replaces the consumer Mail.App ?

The Mail.App seems to have gone missing from my Win11Home, and if
I check the Start menu there is an "Outlook <new>" in the list.

[Picture]

https://i.postimg.cc/44Yjc9k8/Outlook-Poor.gif

All I wanted to do, was check the Settings : General
for a language setting. But I can't, unless I kiss ass.

Paul

Re: Change language in Outlook

<l488kcFr49qU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4966&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#4966

From: usenet@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 09:19:24 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 08:19 UTC

On 27/02/2024 19:52, Carlos E.R. wrote:
> On 2024-02-27 19:19, Fokke Nauta wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am a volunteer in a digital help desk. A customer had a problem. She
>> updated Outlook on her laptop, and it worked well. It has a different
>> view now, but the problem is that the language in Outlook is now
>> English. She wants it to change it back into Dutch. I have been
>> looking to options to change the language, but haven't found it.
>> Any of you have an idea?
> I don't know about Outlook, but generally the language is chosen at
> installation time. But some apps, the language is chosen at download time.

There was no chance to choose a language.

Fokke

Re: Change language in Outlook

<l488ngFr49qU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4967&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#4967

From: usenet@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 09:21:05 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 08:21 UTC

On 27/02/2024 20:55, ...w¡ñ§±¤ñ wrote:
> Fokke Nauta wrote on 2/27/24 11:19 AM:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am a volunteer in a digital help desk. A customer had a problem. She
>> updated Outlook on her laptop, and it worked well. It has a different
>> view now, but the problem is that the language in Outlook is now
>> English. She wants it to change it back into Dutch. I have been
>> looking to options to change the language, but haven't found it.
>> Any of you have an idea?
>> Thanks much in advance.
>>
>> With regards,
>> Fokke Nauta
> Since there are multiple versions of Outlook, the version in use makes a
> difference on language choices.
> Business Basic, Windows 10/11 included, and web based versions that
> provide Outlook(Office for busines,  Office 365 Small Business,
> Microsoft 365 admin, Outlook.com New, Outlook for Windows,  Outlook on
> the web for Exchange Server 2016, Outlook on the web for Exchange Server
> 2019)
>  - have an Settings option for Language(Language & Time or Region &
> Time Zone
>
> Business Standard, Premium, Apps for Business and Consumer
> versions(Office 2016/19/21, Personal, Family) with 'desktop' installed
> Outlook default to Windows but have a Language option in
> File/Options/<Language>.
>  - Business version managed by an admin may have restricted(not
> available, not present, present but not selectable).
>  - Versions with the Language option available may require downloading
> the desired Language pack prior to being set as 'preferred'
>
> Other versions provided by Gov, Business, Edu(e.g. Pro Plus) have
> language may have settings controlled by the admin or if not restricted
> by the end user.
>
> Without knowing your customer's version, the above should provide enough
> info for you to ask for more details or direct that customer in the
> right or necessary direction.

I haven't got a clue as to what version she has. I will take a look in
this and will come back.

Fokke

Re: Change language in Outlook

<l488r9Fr49qU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4968&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#4968

From: usenet@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 09:23:05 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 08:23 UTC

On 28/02/2024 00:02, Paul wrote:
> On 2/27/2024 2:55 PM, ...w¡ñ§±¤ñ wrote:
>> Fokke Nauta wrote on 2/27/24 11:19 AM:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am a volunteer in a digital help desk. A customer had a problem. She updated Outlook on her laptop, and it worked well. It has a different view now, but the problem is that the language in Outlook is now English. She wants it to change it back into Dutch. I have been looking to options to change the language, but haven't found it.
>>> Any of you have an idea?
>>> Thanks much in advance.
>>>
>>> With regards,
>>> Fokke Nauta
>> Since there are multiple versions of Outlook, the version in use makes a difference on language choices.
>> Business Basic, Windows 10/11 included, and web based versions that provide Outlook(Office for busines,  Office 365 Small Business, Microsoft 365 admin, Outlook.com New, Outlook for Windows,  Outlook on the web for Exchange Server 2016, Outlook on the web for Exchange Server 2019)
>>  - have an Settings option for Language(Language & Time or Region & Time Zone
>>
>> Business Standard, Premium, Apps for Business and Consumer versions(Office 2016/19/21, Personal, Family) with 'desktop' installed Outlook default to Windows but have a Language option in File/Options/<Language>.
>>  - Business version managed by an admin may have restricted(not available, not present, present but not selectable).
>>  - Versions with the Language option available may require downloading the desired Language pack prior to being set as 'preferred'
>>
>> Other versions provided by Gov, Business, Edu(e.g. Pro Plus) have language may have settings controlled by the admin or if not restricted by the end user.
>>
>> Without knowing your customer's version, the above should provide enough info for you to ask for more details or direct that customer in the right or necessary direction.
>>

> Isn't there some version of Outlook.App that replaces the consumer Mail.App ?

I don't know. It looks different so that could be right.

> The Mail.App seems to have gone missing from my Win11Home, and if
> I check the Start menu there is an "Outlook <new>" in the list.
>
> [Picture]
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/44Yjc9k8/Outlook-Poor.gif
>
> All I wanted to do, was check the Settings : General
> for a language setting. But I can't, unless I kiss ass.
>
> Paul

I can't find language settings.

Fokke

Re: Change language in Outlook

<l488unFr49qU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4969&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#4969

From: usenet@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 09:24:55 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 08:24 UTC

On 27/02/2024 22:57, Ed Cryer wrote:
> Fokke Nauta wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am a volunteer in a digital help desk. A customer had a problem. She
>> updated Outlook on her laptop, and it worked well. It has a different
>> view now, but the problem is that the language in Outlook is now
>> English. She wants it to change it back into Dutch. I have been
>> looking to options to change the language, but haven't found it.
>> Any of you have an idea?
>> Thanks much in advance.
>>
>> With regards,
>> Fokke Nauta
>
> I managed to get there through Help/ another Help on left/ type in
> "language" on box that appears/ Change language and ..../ wait patiently
> and then a dropdown Language box appears.
>
> There's no Dutch available, although lots of Deutsch items; none for
> Holland, though.
>
> Ed

OK, good that you found that. As there is no Dutch available, I'll give
it up.
Thanks anyway.

Fokke

Re: Change language in Outlook

<l4893mFr49qU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4970&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#4970

From: usenet@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 09:27:34 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 08:27 UTC

On 27/02/2024 23:32, ...w¡ñ§±¤ñ wrote:
> Ed Cryer wrote on 2/27/24 2:57 PM:
>> Fokke Nauta wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am a volunteer in a digital help desk. A customer had a problem.
>>> She updated Outlook on her laptop, and it worked well. It has a
>>> different view now, but the problem is that the language in Outlook
>>> is now English. She wants it to change it back into Dutch. I have
>>> been looking to options to change the language, but haven't found it.
>>> Any of you have an idea?
>>> Thanks much in advance.
>>>
>>> With regards,
>>> Fokke Nauta
>>
>> I managed to get there through Help/ another Help on left/ type in
>> "language" on box that appears/ Change language and ..../ wait
>> patiently and then a dropdown Language box appears.
>>
>> There's no Dutch available, although lots of Deutsch items; none for
>> Holland, though.
>>
>> Ed
>>
> Possibly version specific(no Dutch)
>
> But...M365 Family, Personal both provide Dutch[Nederlands]as an
> available selection(Add/Download) for Display Language and also provide
> as an Dutch[Belgium], Dutch[Nederlands] as an available selection for
> editing, proofing, grammar.
>
> Irrc - some stand-alone versions Office 2013 and later or Office Pro
> Plus 2013 and later may when supported have available and needed
> language packs for download, but once no longer supported, language
> packs(online download at office.com) have been removed or
> deprecated(i.e. still functional if downloaded earlier)

I will check which version she has.
And I understand that when it's M365, there is a Duch language
available. I'm curious.

Fokke

Re: Change language in Outlook

<urmsdp$4du0$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4971&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#4971

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 03:55:21 -0500
 by: Paul - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 08:55 UTC

On 2/28/2024 3:24 AM, Fokke Nauta wrote:
> On 27/02/2024 22:57, Ed Cryer wrote:
>> Fokke Nauta wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am a volunteer in a digital help desk. A customer had a problem. She updated Outlook on her laptop, and it worked well. It has a different view now, but the problem is that the language in Outlook is now English. She wants it to change it back into Dutch. I have been looking to options to change the language, but haven't found it.
>>> Any of you have an idea?
>>> Thanks much in advance.
>>>
>>> With regards,
>>> Fokke Nauta
>>
>> I managed to get there through Help/ another Help on left/ type in "language" on box that appears/ Change language and ..../ wait patiently and then a dropdown Language box appears.
>>
>> There's no Dutch available, although lots of Deutsch items; none for Holland, though.
>>
>> Ed
>>

> OK, good that you found that. As there is no Dutch available, I'll give it up.
> Thanks anyway.
>
> Fokke

It's got locales.

OK, how does Windows pass a locale as an environment variable ? Region setting is User Locale.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/intl/locales-and-languages

LOCALE_USER_DEFAULT 0x0400 # and 0403 is English

By the way, the program name is "olk.exe".

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.OutlookForWindows_1.2024.111.100_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\locales

02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> af
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> am
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> ar
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> as-IN
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> az-Latn-AZ
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> bg
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> bn-IN
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> bs-Latn-BA
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> ca
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> ca-Es-VALENCIA
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> cs
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> cy
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> da
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> de
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> el
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> en
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> en-GB
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> es
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> es-MX
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> et
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> eu
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> fa
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> fi
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> fil
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> fr
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> fr-CA
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> ga-IE
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> gd-gb
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> gl
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> gu
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> he
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> hi
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> hr
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> hu
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> hy
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> id
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> is
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> it
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> ja
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> ka
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> kk
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> km-KH
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> kn
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> ko
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> kok
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> lb-LU
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> lo-LA
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> lt
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> lv
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> mi-NZ
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> mk
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> ml
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> mr
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> ms
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> mt-MT
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> ne-NP
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> nl <============ OK, how to trigger???
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> nn-NO
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> no
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> or
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> pa-IN
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> pl
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> pt
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> pt-PT
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> qps-ploc
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> qps-ploca
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> qps-plocm
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> quz-PE
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> ro
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> ru
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> sk
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> sl
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> sq
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> sr
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> sr-Cyrl
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> sr-Cyrl-BA
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> sv
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> ta
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> te
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> th
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> tr
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> tt
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> ug-CN
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> uk
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> ur
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> uz
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> vi
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> zh-Hans
02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> zh-Hant

https://ss64.com/locale.html

"In Windows PowerShell, to retrieve the current locale (short code) use:

PS C:\> Get-WinSystemLocale

or to list all the installed language packs:
PS C:\> $os = Get-CIMInstance -computerName computer64 -ClassName Win32_OperatingSystem
PS C:\> [CultureInfo[]]$os.MUILanguages
"

Dutch nl 0x13 19
Dutch (Aruba) nl-AW 0x1000 4096
Dutch (Belgium) nl-BE 0x813 2067
Dutch (Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba) nl-BQ 0x1000 4096
Dutch (Curaçao) nl-CW 0x1000 4096
Dutch (Netherlands) nl-NL 0x413 1043
Dutch (Sint Maarten) nl-SX 0x1000 4096
Dutch (Suriname) nl-SR 0x1000 4096

English (United States) en-US 0x409 1033 Sunday

The System Locale might not be the same as the User Locale (set in Region).
I also don't understand the different between "nl" and "nl-NL". As there
aren't folders for both in the installation. The program also has "en" folder
and not an "en-US" folder.

To examine the Region control panel, use right-click Start then the Run box
and run "control.exe", followed by the Region control panel. There is a Format
value of "Match Windows display language (recommended)", so presumably
the OS could be installed as an English one, and the problem now is
the user account Region setting.

The other possibility, is the setting is inside the Outlook.App itself.

Paul

Re: Change language in Outlook

<l48cgaFr84pU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4972&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#4972

From: usenet@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 10:25:30 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 09:25 UTC

On 28/02/2024 09:55, Paul wrote:
> [...]
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> lv
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> mi-NZ
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> mk
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> ml
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> mr
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> ms
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> mt-MT
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> ne-NP
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> nl <============ OK, how to trigger???
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> nn-NO
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> no
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> or
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> pa-IN
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> pl
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> pt
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> pt-PT
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> qps-ploc
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> qps-ploca
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> qps-plocm
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> quz-PE
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> ro
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> ru
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> sk
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> sl
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> sq
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> sr
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> sr-Cyrl
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> sr-Cyrl-BA
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> sv
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> ta
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> te
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> th
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> tr
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> tt
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> ug-CN
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> uk
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> ur
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> uz
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> vi
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> zh-Hans
> 02/07/2024 12:51 AM <DIR> zh-Hant
>
> https://ss64.com/locale.html
>
> "In Windows PowerShell, to retrieve the current locale (short code) use:
>
> PS C:\> Get-WinSystemLocale
>
> or to list all the installed language packs:
> PS C:\> $os = Get-CIMInstance -computerName computer64 -ClassName Win32_OperatingSystem
> PS C:\> [CultureInfo[]]$os.MUILanguages
> "
>
> Dutch nl 0x13 19
> Dutch (Aruba) nl-AW 0x1000 4096
> Dutch (Belgium) nl-BE 0x813 2067
> Dutch (Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba) nl-BQ 0x1000 4096
> Dutch (Curaçao) nl-CW 0x1000 4096
> Dutch (Netherlands) nl-NL 0x413 1043
> Dutch (Sint Maarten) nl-SX 0x1000 4096
> Dutch (Suriname) nl-SR 0x1000 4096
>
> English (United States) en-US 0x409 1033 Sunday
>
> The System Locale might not be the same as the User Locale (set in Region).
> I also don't understand the different between "nl" and "nl-NL". As there
> aren't folders for both in the installation. The program also has "en" folder
> and not an "en-US" folder.
>
> To examine the Region control panel, use right-click Start then the Run box
> and run "control.exe", followed by the Region control panel. There is a Format
> value of "Match Windows display language (recommended)", so presumably
> the OS could be installed as an English one, and the problem now is
> the user account Region setting.
>
> The other possibility, is the setting is inside the Outlook.App itself.

Thanks, Paul.

It looks a bit complicated and I never used Powershell before, but in
case I can not change the language inside the Outlook app, I will try this.

Fokke

Re: Change language in Outlook

<urn44s$4q1t$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4973&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#4973

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 06:07:09 -0500
 by: Paul - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 11:07 UTC

On 2/28/2024 4:25 AM, Fokke Nauta wrote:
> [...]
>> 02/07/2024  12:51 AM    <DIR>          qps-ploc
>> 02/07/2024  12:51 AM    <DIR>          qps-ploca
>> 02/07/2024  12:51 AM    <DIR>          qps-plocm
>> 02/07/2024  12:51 AM    <DIR>          quz-PE
>> 02/07/2024  12:51 AM    <DIR>          ro
>> 02/07/2024  12:51 AM    <DIR>          ru
>> 02/07/2024  12:51 AM    <DIR>          sk
>> 02/07/2024  12:51 AM    <DIR>          sl
>> 02/07/2024  12:51 AM    <DIR>          sq
>> 02/07/2024  12:51 AM    <DIR>          sr
>> 02/07/2024  12:51 AM    <DIR>          sr-Cyrl
>> 02/07/2024  12:51 AM    <DIR>          sr-Cyrl-BA
>> 02/07/2024  12:51 AM    <DIR>          sv
>> 02/07/2024  12:51 AM    <DIR>          ta
>> 02/07/2024  12:51 AM    <DIR>          te
>> 02/07/2024  12:51 AM    <DIR>          th
>> 02/07/2024  12:51 AM    <DIR>          tr
>> 02/07/2024  12:51 AM    <DIR>          tt
>> 02/07/2024  12:51 AM    <DIR>          ug-CN
>> 02/07/2024  12:51 AM    <DIR>          uk
>> 02/07/2024  12:51 AM    <DIR>          ur
>> 02/07/2024  12:51 AM    <DIR>          uz
>> 02/07/2024  12:51 AM    <DIR>          vi
>> 02/07/2024  12:51 AM    <DIR>          zh-Hans
>> 02/07/2024  12:51 AM    <DIR>          zh-Hant
>>
>> https://ss64.com/locale.html
>>
>>    "In Windows PowerShell, to retrieve the current locale (short code) use:
>>
>>     PS C:\> Get-WinSystemLocale
>>
>>     or to list all the installed language packs:
>>     PS C:\> $os = Get-CIMInstance -computerName computer64 -ClassName Win32_OperatingSystem
>>     PS C:\> [CultureInfo[]]$os.MUILanguages
>>    "
>>
>> Dutch                                     nl      0x13     19
>> Dutch (Aruba)                             nl-AW   0x1000   4096
>> Dutch (Belgium)                           nl-BE   0x813    2067
>> Dutch (Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba)  nl-BQ   0x1000   4096
>> Dutch (Curaçao)                           nl-CW   0x1000   4096
>> Dutch (Netherlands)                       nl-NL   0x413    1043
>> Dutch (Sint Maarten)                      nl-SX   0x1000   4096
>> Dutch (Suriname)                          nl-SR   0x1000   4096
>>
>> English (United States)                   en-US   0x409    1033  Sunday
>>
>> The System Locale might not be the same as the User Locale (set in Region).
>> I also don't understand the different between "nl" and "nl-NL". As there
>> aren't folders for both in the installation. The program also has "en" folder
>> and not an "en-US" folder.
>>
>> To examine the Region control panel, use right-click Start then the Run box
>> and run "control.exe", followed by the Region control panel. There is a Format
>> value of "Match Windows display language (recommended)", so presumably
>> the OS could be installed as an English one, and the problem now is
>> the user account Region setting.
>>
>> The other possibility, is the setting is inside the Outlook.App itself.
>>
>>     Paul
>
> Thanks, Paul.
>
> It looks a bit complicated and I never used Powershell before, but in case I can not change the language inside the Outlook app, I will try this.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Change language in Outlook

<1mn3bkxsfs.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4975&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#4975

From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 14:05:37 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 13:05 UTC

On 2024-02-28 12:07, Paul wrote:
> On 2/28/2024 4:25 AM, Fokke Nauta wrote:

>> Fokke
>
> I think you should check the language-of-install, as well as
> the user locale defined in the Region control panel.
>
> I don't know how language packs fit into this mess.
> The Get-WinSystemLocale is more likely to be related
> to OS language packs. Whereas the user specification of a runtime
> locale, could be in the Region control panel.
>
> In Linux, you could pass the locale on the command line,
> but that's not really an option for an Outlook.App. Apps do
> not support command line invocation and the shortcut definition
> is grayed out to prevent it.
>
> Changing the Region control panel is a blunt instrument.

On one machine I have the plain user in Spanish (the default or factory
language) and the admin user in English: I changed it after creation, it
took some time downloading files.

The machine started on W7, later updated to 10. I don't remember when I
did the operation, on 7 or 10.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Change language in Outlook

<urnshc$pc6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4976&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#4976

From: winstonmvp@gmail.com (...w¡ñ§±¤ñ)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 11:03:22 -0700
 by: ...w¡ñ§±¤ñ - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 18:03 UTC

Fokke Nauta wrote on 2/28/24 1:27 AM:
> On 27/02/2024 23:32, ...w¡ñ§±¤ñ wrote:
>> Ed Cryer wrote on 2/27/24 2:57 PM:

>>> I managed to get there through Help/ another Help on left/ type in
>>> "language" on box that appears/ Change language and ..../ wait
>>> patiently and then a dropdown Language box appears.
>>>
>>> There's no Dutch available, although lots of Deutsch items; none for
>>> Holland, though.
>>>
>>> Ed
>>>
>> Possibly version specific(no Dutch)
>>
>> But...M365 Family, Personal both provide Dutch[Nederlands]as an
>> available selection(Add/Download) for Display Language and also provide
>> as an Dutch[Belgium], Dutch[Nederlands] as an available selection for
>> editing, proofing, grammar.
>>
>> Irrc - some stand-alone versions Office 2013 and later or Office Pro
>> Plus 2013 and later may when supported have available and needed
>> language packs for download, but once no longer supported, language
>> packs(online download at office.com) have been removed or
>> deprecated(i.e. still functional if downloaded earlier)
>>

> I will check which version she has.
> And I understand that when it's M365, there is a Duch language available.
> I'm curious.
>
> Fokke

One subtle correction on my part.
I classified the Office programs as versions, they are editions.

Once you find the installed 'editioin'
If the choices are in the installed program(Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
should be just a matter of selection.

If the choices are not in the program, close the program, then go
here(link below), download and install the language pack, then return to
the program and select the desired language.

<https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/language-accessory-pack-for-microsoft-365-82ee1236-0f9a-45ee-9c72-05b026ee809f#ID0EBBF>

Note: the Link says microsoft-365 but once loaded you can see it applies
to Office programs as far back as 2013. There is a comment in the
article, if the program is admin controlled, the admin installs language
packs.

It's possible that something is corrupted preventing the language choices
in the program as a selection but not functional...then it may be
necessary to repair Office, remove/reinstall Office or just download the
language pack(and follow the instructions in the above link).
--
....w¡ñ§±¤ñ

Re: Change language in Outlook

<urntb9$u44$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4977&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#4977

From: winstonmvp@gmail.com (...w¡ñ§±¤ñ)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 11:17:13 -0700
 by: ...w¡ñ§±¤ñ - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 18:17 UTC

<urphs0$elgs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=4981&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#4981

From: winstonmvp@gmail.com (...w¡ñ§±¤ñ)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 02:13:34 -0700
 by: ...w¡ñ§±¤ñ - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 09:13 UTC

Paul wrote on 2/27/24 4:02 PM:
> On 2/27/2024 2:55 PM, ...w¡ñ§±¤ñ wrote:
>> Fokke Nauta wrote on 2/27/24 11:19 AM:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am a volunteer in a digital help desk. A customer had a problem. She updated Outlook on her laptop, and it worked well. It has a different view now, but the problem is that the language in Outlook is now English. She wants it to change it back into Dutch. I have been looking to options to change the language, but haven't found it.
>>> Any of you have an idea?
>>> Thanks much in advance.
>>>
>>> With regards,
>>> Fokke Nauta
>> Since there are multiple versions of Outlook, the version in use makes a difference on language choices.
>> Business Basic, Windows 10/11 included, and web based versions that provide Outlook(Office for busines,  Office 365 Small Business, Microsoft 365 admin, Outlook.com New, Outlook for Windows,  Outlook on the web for Exchange Server 2016, Outlook on the web for Exchange Server 2019)
>>  - have an Settings option for Language(Language & Time or Region & Time Zone
>>
>> Business Standard, Premium, Apps for Business and Consumer versions(Office 2016/19/21, Personal, Family) with 'desktop' installed Outlook default to Windows but have a Language option in File/Options/<Language>.
>>  - Business version managed by an admin may have restricted(not available, not present, present but not selectable).
>>  - Versions with the Language option available may require downloading the desired Language pack prior to being set as 'preferred'
>>
>> Other versions provided by Gov, Business, Edu(e.g. Pro Plus) have language may have settings controlled by the admin or if not restricted by the end user.
>>
>> Without knowing your customer's version, the above should provide enough info for you to ask for more details or direct that customer in the right or necessary direction.
>>

> Isn't there some version of Outlook.App that replaces the consumer Mail.App ?
>
> The Mail.App seems to have gone missing from my Win11Home, and if
> I check the Start menu there is an "Outlook <new>" in the list.
>
> [Picture]
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/44Yjc9k8/Outlook-Poor.gif
>
> All I wanted to do, was check the Settings : General
> for a language setting. But I can't, unless I kiss ass.
>
> Paul

Lol...no need to kiss anything. Just a few steps behind the available
information for Windows 11 made available in 2023.
On this Win11 Pro
- the Start screen, all apps has both items Mail and Outlook (new)

Open Outlook (new) and toggle the slider to the left(i.e. Off)
- the Mail app will open instead of Outlook (new)

Fyi
In the Outlook (New) app
=> Settings/General/Language
In the Mail app
=> You'd be wasting your time. No Language option in the Mail app.

Eventually(this year, later in 2024, the Mail app will be completely
removed from Win11, as well as the option to toggle the On/Off preference
for Outlook(new) - Outlook(new) will be the only option.

--
....w¡ñ§±¤ñ

Re: Change language in Outlook

<l4om7fFdqslU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=5057&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#5057

From: usenet@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 14:49:36 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 13:49 UTC

On 27/02/2024 19:19, Fokke Nauta wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am a volunteer in a digital help desk. A customer had a problem. She
> updated Outlook on her laptop, and it worked well. It has a different
> view now, but the problem is that the language in Outlook is now
> English. She wants it to change it back into Dutch. I have been looking
> to options to change the language, but haven't found it.
> Any of you have an idea?
> Thanks much in advance.
>
> With regards,
> Fokke Nauta

Thank you all for your help.
I managed to change the language into Dutch.

With regards,
Fokke Nauta

Re: Change language in Outlook

<us7l72$3sddb$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=5061&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#5061

From: winstonmvp@gmail.com (...w¡ñ§±¤ñ)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 10:36:34 -0700
 by: ...w¡ñ§±¤ñ - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 17:36 UTC

Fokke Nauta wrote on 3/5/24 6:49 AM:
> On 27/02/2024 19:19, Fokke Nauta wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am a volunteer in a digital help desk. A customer had a problem. She
>> updated Outlook on her laptop, and it worked well. It has a different
>> view now, but the problem is that the language in Outlook is now
>> English. She wants it to change it back into Dutch. I have been looking
>> to options to change the language, but haven't found it.
>> Any of you have an idea?
>> Thanks much in advance.
>>
>> With regards,
>> Fokke Nauta
>
> Thank you all for your help.
> I managed to change the language into Dutch.
>
> With regards,
> Fokke Nauta

Good news.
..and what did you do or need to do to accomplish the task??

--