If I can have honesty, it's easier to overlook mistakes. -- Kirk, "Space Seed", stardate 3141.9

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-11 / VLC and Playlists

SubjectAuthor
* VLC and PlaylistsBoris
+* Re: VLC and PlaylistsVanguardLH
|`* Re: VLC and PlaylistsBoris
| `* Re: VLC and PlaylistsVanguardLH
|  `* Re: VLC and PlaylistsBoris
|   `* Re: VLC and PlaylistsVanguardLH
|    +* Re: VLC and PlaylistsMikeS
|    |`* Re: VLC and PlaylistsVanguardLH
|    | `* Re: VLC and PlaylistsMikeS
|    |  `- Re: VLC and PlaylistsVanguardLH
|    `- Re: VLC and PlaylistsBoris
`* Re: VLC and PlaylistsPaul
 `- Re: VLC and PlaylistsBoris

1
VLC and Playlists

<XnsB12F9FCEBC31Anospaminvalidcom@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=5099&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#5099

From: nospam@invalid.com (Boris)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Subject: VLC and Playlists
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 23:42:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Boris - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 23:42 UTC

Running Windows 11 and VLC 3.0.20 Vetinari.

I generally just play individual audio and video files, but now I've created
a playlist of mp3s. How in the world do I now play the playlist?

Re: VLC and Playlists

<16wxgp7omkzif$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=5100&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#5100

From: V@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Subject: Re: VLC and Playlists
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 18:01:54 -0600
Sender: V@nguard.LH
 by: VanguardLH - Sat, 9 Mar 2024 00:01 UTC

Boris <nospam@invalid.com> wrote:

> Running Windows 11 and VLC 3.0.20 Vetinari.
>
> I generally just play individual audio and video files, but now I've created
> a playlist of mp3s. How in the world do I now play the playlist?

What happens when you load a playlist, and start playing the first item?
When it is finished, does VLC stop making sounds, or does the 2nd item
start automatically, and then the 3rd, and so on?

I've never bothered using playlists. The above is my guess how you
select one of the items in the playlist, start playing it, and expecting
the playlist to continue playing into the next item in the list.

Re: VLC and Playlists

<XnsB12FAB02B4DC6nospaminvalidcom@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=5102&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#5102

From: nospam@invalid.com (Boris)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 00:48:37 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Boris - Sat, 9 Mar 2024 00:48 UTC

VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote in news:16wxgp7omkzif$.dlg@v.nguard.lh:

> Boris <nospam@invalid.com> wrote:
>
>> Running Windows 11 and VLC 3.0.20 Vetinari.
>>
>> I generally just play individual audio and video files, but now I've
>> created a playlist of mp3s. How in the world do I now play the
>> playlist?
>
> What happens when you load a playlist, and start playing the first item?
> When it is finished, does VLC stop making sounds, or does the 2nd item
> start automatically, and then the 3rd, and so on?
>
> I've never bothered using playlists. The above is my guess how you
> select one of the items in the playlist, start playing it, and expecting
> the playlist to continue playing into the next item in the list.

I successfully made a playlist of four mp3s by dragging the files into the
playlist window. I clicked on Media>Save Playlist to File>Save. Let's
say it was Boris.xspf. It played one file after another, automatically,
after clicking on the first file in the playlist.

I closed VLC.

I launched VLC, and could find nowhere in the menu to load the playlist.

Perhaps I have to click Playback>Play>Add, and find Boris.xspf.

I have looked at the links in the Help file in the VLC menu, but have not
been able to find anything helpful.

Re: VLC and Playlists

<usgcqb$2030e$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=5103&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#5103

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 20:08:26 -0500
 by: Paul - Sat, 9 Mar 2024 01:08 UTC

On 3/8/2024 6:42 PM, Boris wrote:
> Running Windows 11 and VLC 3.0.20 Vetinari.
>
> I generally just play individual audio and video files, but now I've created
> a playlist of mp3s. How in the world do I now play the playlist?

The playlist can be just absolute-path text strings pointing to files.
In my test, my selections were .mp4a type.

https://wiki.videolan.org/M3U/

[Picture]

https://i.postimg.cc/vBL5q5z0/vlc-playlist.gif

Paul

Re: VLC and Playlists

<sameliznxz48.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=5105&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#5105

From: V@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 21:37:14 -0600
Sender: V@nguard.LH
 by: VanguardLH - Sat, 9 Mar 2024 03:37 UTC

Boris <nospam@invalid.com> wrote:

> VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote in news:16wxgp7omkzif$.dlg@v.nguard.lh:
>
>> Boris <nospam@invalid.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Running Windows 11 and VLC 3.0.20 Vetinari.
>>>
>>> I generally just play individual audio and video files, but now I've
>>> created a playlist of mp3s. How in the world do I now play the
>>> playlist?
>>
>> What happens when you load a playlist, and start playing the first item?
>> When it is finished, does VLC stop making sounds, or does the 2nd item
>> start automatically, and then the 3rd, and so on?
>>
>> I've never bothered using playlists. The above is my guess how you
>> select one of the items in the playlist, start playing it, and expecting
>> the playlist to continue playing into the next item in the list.
>>

> I successfully made a playlist of four mp3s by dragging the files into the
> playlist window. I clicked on Media>Save Playlist to File>Save. Let's
> say it was Boris.xspf. It played one file after another, automatically,
> after clicking on the first file in the playlist.
>
> I closed VLC.
>
> I launched VLC, and could find nowhere in the menu to load the playlist.
>
> Perhaps I have to click Playback>Play>Add, and find Boris.xspf.
>
> I have looked at the links in the Help file in the VLC menu, but have not
> been able to find anything helpful.

There isn't a Media -> File open menu? Use that to pick the playlist
file.

https://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:Playlist/
Load Playlist

Re: VLC and Playlists

<XnsB12FD53B3DD2Enospaminvalidcom@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=5106&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#5106

From: nospam@invalid.com (Boris)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 04:57:41 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Boris - Sat, 9 Mar 2024 04:57 UTC

VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote in news:sameliznxz48.dlg@v.nguard.lh:

> Boris <nospam@invalid.com> wrote:
>
>> VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote in news:16wxgp7omkzif$.dlg@v.nguard.lh:

>>> What happens when you load a playlist, and start playing the first
>>> item? When it is finished, does VLC stop making sounds, or does the
>>> 2nd item start automatically, and then the 3rd, and so on?
>>>
>>> I've never bothered using playlists. The above is my guess how you
>>> select one of the items in the playlist, start playing it, and
>>> expecting the playlist to continue playing into the next item in the
>>> list.
>>>

>> I successfully made a playlist of four mp3s by dragging the files into
>> the playlist window. I clicked on Media>Save Playlist to File>Save.
>> Let's say it was Boris.xspf. It played one file after another,
>> automatically, after clicking on the first file in the playlist.
>>
>> I closed VLC.
>>
>> I launched VLC, and could find nowhere in the menu to load the
>> playlist.
>>
>> Perhaps I have to click Playback>Play>Add, and find Boris.xspf.
>>
>> I have looked at the links in the Help file in the VLC menu, but have
>> not been able to find anything helpful.
>
> There isn't a Media -> File open menu? Use that to pick the playlist
> file.
>
> https://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:Playlist/
> Load Playlist

Under the "Load Playlist" section in wiki, wiki has me "Select the Open
option from the Media menu, then Open file dialog box is displayed". But
it's not quite like that. There is no 'Open' option in the Media menu,
but there is an 'Open File' in the Media menu. When I select 'Open File',
and navigate to where I saved my .xspf playlist (found using Everything),
and then clicking on the saved .xspf playlist, it opens VLC, and the
playlist is played from beginning to end.

So the user has to know where the created playlist was saved, and I did,
but made sure using Everything, in order to load the playlist into VLC.

I guess I was expecting a list of playlists to appear within the VLC media
play itself. That would require a default location for saving playlists.
I didn't expect to have to 'know' where I saved them. I expected
something like "Open Playlist" in the Media, or other VLC menu (Playback
menu, perhaps?). Just seems unintuitive and cumbersome.

Thanks for the tip.

Re: VLC and Playlists

<XnsB12FD6B482673nospaminvalidcom@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=5107&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#5107

From: nospam@invalid.com (Boris)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 05:06:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Boris - Sat, 9 Mar 2024 05:06 UTC

Paul <nospam@needed.invalid> wrote in news:usgcqb$2030e$1@dont-email.me:

> On 3/8/2024 6:42 PM, Boris wrote:
>> Running Windows 11 and VLC 3.0.20 Vetinari.
>>
>> I generally just play individual audio and video files, but now I've
>> created a playlist of mp3s. How in the world do I now play the
>> playlist?
>>

> The playlist can be just absolute-path text strings pointing to files.
> In my test, my selections were .mp4a type.
>
> https://wiki.videolan.org/M3U/

Thanks for that. It's a saver, and will be useful.

> [Picture]
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/vBL5q5z0/vlc-playlist.gif
>
> Paul

Alan Parsons Project (and Eric Woolfson), very nice.

Re: VLC and Playlists

<4yi8z4l2jkbj$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=5108&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#5108

From: V@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 01:01:42 -0600
Sender: V@nguard.LH
 by: VanguardLH - Sat, 9 Mar 2024 07:01 UTC

Boris <nospam@invalid.com> wrote:

> VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote in news:sameliznxz48.dlg@v.nguard.lh:
>
>> Boris <nospam@invalid.com> wrote:

>>> I successfully made a playlist of four mp3s by dragging the files into
>>> the playlist window. I clicked on Media>Save Playlist to File>Save.
>>> Let's say it was Boris.xspf. It played one file after another,
>>> automatically, after clicking on the first file in the playlist.
>>>
>>> I closed VLC.
>>>
>>> I launched VLC, and could find nowhere in the menu to load the
>>> playlist.
>>>
>>> Perhaps I have to click Playback>Play>Add, and find Boris.xspf.
>>>
>>> I have looked at the links in the Help file in the VLC menu, but have
>>> not been able to find anything helpful.
>>
>> There isn't a Media -> File open menu? Use that to pick the playlist
>> file.
>>
>> https://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:Playlist/
>> Load Playlist
>
> Under the "Load Playlist" section in wiki, wiki has me "Select the Open
> option from the Media menu, then Open file dialog box is displayed". But
> it's not quite like that. There is no 'Open' option in the Media menu,
> but there is an 'Open File' in the Media menu. When I select 'Open File',
> and navigate to where I saved my .xspf playlist (found using Everything),
> and then clicking on the saved .xspf playlist, it opens VLC, and the
> playlist is played from beginning to end.

When done playing the last song, does VLC start from the 1st song to
repeat the playlist, or does playback halt after the last song is over?

> So the user has to know where the created playlist was saved, and I did,
> but made sure using Everything, in order to load the playlist into VLC.

The playlist file would be where you chose to save it.

> I guess I was expecting a list of playlists to appear within the VLC media
> play itself. That would require a default location for saving playlists.
> I didn't expect to have to 'know' where I saved them. I expected
> something like "Open Playlist" in the Media, or other VLC menu (Playback
> menu, perhaps?). Just seems unintuitive and cumbersome.

But if you don't know where are the saved playlist files, how would you
know where to find them, like to use them in other media players, or to
backup, or to open them? Hiding the storage location would invariably
lead to "Where are the playlist files saved?" VLC acts more like a file
manager than a UI that hides its file management. Guess it depends on
how ignorant you want to remain how a program operates, and how much
handholding you want. Yeah, sometimes you don't want to make all those
decisions. Sometimes you do.

Once you save a playlist into a file, and after you create another
playlist and save it, doesn't VLC reuse the same folder where you stored
the prior playlist? Looks like VLC defaults to the user's Documents
folder. Would be handy if VLC remembered the last save location, too.

Re: VLC and Playlists

<usi04r$1b3lh$1@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=5111&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#5111

From: mikes@invalid.net (MikeS)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 15:44:28 +0000
 by: MikeS - Sat, 9 Mar 2024 15:44 UTC

On 09/03/2024 07:01, VanguardLH wrote:
> Boris <nospam@invalid.com> wrote:
>
>> VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote in news:sameliznxz48.dlg@v.nguard.lh:

>>> There isn't a Media -> File open menu? Use that to pick the playlist
>>> file.
>>>
>>> https://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:Playlist/
>>> Load Playlist
>>
>> Under the "Load Playlist" section in wiki, wiki has me "Select the Open
>> option from the Media menu, then Open file dialog box is displayed". But
>> it's not quite like that. There is no 'Open' option in the Media menu,
>> but there is an 'Open File' in the Media menu. When I select 'Open File',
>> and navigate to where I saved my .xspf playlist (found using Everything),
>> and then clicking on the saved .xspf playlist, it opens VLC, and the
>> playlist is played from beginning to end.
>
> When done playing the last song, does VLC start from the 1st song to
> repeat the playlist, or does playback halt after the last song is over?
>
>> So the user has to know where the created playlist was saved, and I did,
>> but made sure using Everything, in order to load the playlist into VLC.
>
> The playlist file would be where you chose to save it.
>
>> I guess I was expecting a list of playlists to appear within the VLC media
>> play itself. That would require a default location for saving playlists.
>> I didn't expect to have to 'know' where I saved them. I expected
>> something like "Open Playlist" in the Media, or other VLC menu (Playback
>> menu, perhaps?). Just seems unintuitive and cumbersome.
>
> But if you don't know where are the saved playlist files, how would you
> know where to find them, like to use them in other media players, or to
> backup, or to open them? Hiding the storage location would invariably
> lead to "Where are the playlist files saved?" VLC acts more like a file
> manager than a UI that hides its file management. Guess it depends on
> how ignorant you want to remain how a program operates, and how much
> handholding you want. Yeah, sometimes you don't want to make all those
> decisions. Sometimes you do.
>
> Once you save a playlist into a file, and after you create another
> playlist and save it, doesn't VLC reuse the same folder where you stored
> the prior playlist? Looks like VLC defaults to the user's Documents
> folder. Would be handy if VLC remembered the last save location, too.

This thread seems to be nonsense as VLC does exactly what the OP says
they want.

Create a playlist in VLC, save it to a folder of your choice. Reload it
by using Media, Open file then navigate back to that folder and select
it. VLC will list the contents in the same place you saved it from. The
playlist will only start to play automatically if you set VLC to do that.

Re: VLC and Playlists

<XnsB1304EFDD9A06nospaminvalidcom@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=5112&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#5112

From: nospam@invalid.com (Boris)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 15:45:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Boris - Sat, 9 Mar 2024 15:45 UTC

VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote in news:4yi8z4l2jkbj$.dlg@v.nguard.lh:

> Boris <nospam@invalid.com> wrote:
>
>> VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote in news:sameliznxz48.dlg@v.nguard.lh:

>>> There isn't a Media -> File open menu? Use that to pick the playlist
>>> file.
>>>
>>> https://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:Playlist/
>>> Load Playlist
>>
>> Under the "Load Playlist" section in wiki, wiki has me "Select the Open
>> option from the Media menu, then Open file dialog box is displayed".
>> But it's not quite like that. There is no 'Open' option in the Media
>> menu, but there is an 'Open File' in the Media menu. When I select
>> 'Open File', and navigate to where I saved my .xspf playlist (found
>> using Everything), and then clicking on the saved .xspf playlist, it
>> opens VLC, and the playlist is played from beginning to end.
>
> When done playing the last song, does VLC start from the 1st song to
> repeat the playlist, or does playback halt after the last song is over?

It comes to a dead stop at the end of the last song. There is a loop
button.

>> So the user has to know where the created playlist was saved, and I
>> did, but made sure using Everything, in order to load the playlist into
>> VLC.
>
> The playlist file would be where you chose to save it.

It is.

>> I guess I was expecting a list of playlists to appear within the VLC
>> media play itself. That would require a default location for saving
>> playlists. I didn't expect to have to 'know' where I saved them. I
>> expected something like "Open Playlist" in the Media, or other VLC menu
>> (Playback menu, perhaps?). Just seems unintuitive and cumbersome.
>
> But if you don't know where are the saved playlist files, how would you
> know where to find them, like to use them in other media players, or to
> backup, or to open them? Hiding the storage location would invariably
> lead to "Where are the playlist files saved?" VLC acts more like a file
> manager than a UI that hides its file management.

That's what I'm finding.

Guess it depends on
> how ignorant you want to remain how a program operates, and how much
> handholding you want. Yeah, sometimes you don't want to make all those
> decisions. Sometimes you do.
>
> Once you save a playlist into a file, and after you create another
> playlist and save it, doesn't VLC reuse the same folder where you stored
> the prior playlist? Looks like VLC defaults to the user's Documents
> folder. Would be handy if VLC remembered the last save location, too.

Re: VLC and Playlists

<g1r8ywfobadr$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=5114&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#5114

From: V@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 11:47:38 -0600
Sender: V@nguard.LH
 by: VanguardLH - Sat, 9 Mar 2024 17:47 UTC

MikeS <mikes@invalid.net> wrote:

> On 09/03/2024 07:01, VanguardLH wrote:
>> Boris <nospam@invalid.com> wrote:

>>> Under the "Load Playlist" section in wiki, wiki has me "Select the Open
>>> option from the Media menu, then Open file dialog box is displayed". But
>>> it's not quite like that. There is no 'Open' option in the Media menu,
>>> but there is an 'Open File' in the Media menu. When I select 'Open File',
>>> and navigate to where I saved my .xspf playlist (found using Everything),
>>> and then clicking on the saved .xspf playlist, it opens VLC, and the
>>> playlist is played from beginning to end.
>>
>> When done playing the last song, does VLC start from the 1st song to
>> repeat the playlist, or does playback halt after the last song is over?
>>
>>> So the user has to know where the created playlist was saved, and I did,
>>> but made sure using Everything, in order to load the playlist into VLC.
>>
>> The playlist file would be where you chose to save it.
>>
>>> I guess I was expecting a list of playlists to appear within the VLC media
>>> play itself. That would require a default location for saving playlists.
>>> I didn't expect to have to 'know' where I saved them. I expected
>>> something like "Open Playlist" in the Media, or other VLC menu (Playback
>>> menu, perhaps?). Just seems unintuitive and cumbersome.
>>
>> But if you don't know where are the saved playlist files, how would you
>> know where to find them, like to use them in other media players, or to
>> backup, or to open them? Hiding the storage location would invariably
>> lead to "Where are the playlist files saved?" VLC acts more like a file
>> manager than a UI that hides its file management. Guess it depends on
>> how ignorant you want to remain how a program operates, and how much
>> handholding you want. Yeah, sometimes you don't want to make all those
>> decisions. Sometimes you do.
>>
>> Once you save a playlist into a file, and after you create another
>> playlist and save it, doesn't VLC reuse the same folder where you stored
>> the prior playlist? Looks like VLC defaults to the user's Documents
>> folder. Would be handy if VLC remembered the last save location, too.
>
> This thread seems to be nonsense as VLC does exactly what the OP says
> they want.
>
> Create a playlist in VLC, save it to a folder of your choice. Reload it
> by using Media, Open file then navigate back to that folder and select
> it. VLC will list the contents in the same place you saved it from. The
> playlist will only start to play automatically if you set VLC to do that.

So your contribution is to whine, ignore subtopics, and duplicate what
others have already stated. Wow, what a wonderful helper you are.

Re: VLC and Playlists

<usknqp$168fn$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=5126&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#5126

From: mikes@is.invalid (MikeS)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 16:40:57 +0000
 by: MikeS - Sun, 10 Mar 2024 16:40 UTC

On 09/03/2024 17:47, VanguardLH wrote:
> MikeS <mikes@invalid.net> wrote:

>>> When done playing the last song, does VLC start from the 1st song to
>>> repeat the playlist, or does playback halt after the last song is over?

>>> The playlist file would be where you chose to save it.

>>> But if you don't know where are the saved playlist files, how would you
>>> know where to find them, like to use them in other media players, or to
>>> backup, or to open them? Hiding the storage location would invariably
>>> lead to "Where are the playlist files saved?" VLC acts more like a file
>>> manager than a UI that hides its file management. Guess it depends on
>>> how ignorant you want to remain how a program operates, and how much
>>> handholding you want. Yeah, sometimes you don't want to make all those
>>> decisions. Sometimes you do.
>>>
>>> Once you save a playlist into a file, and after you create another
>>> playlist and save it, doesn't VLC reuse the same folder where you stored
>>> the prior playlist? Looks like VLC defaults to the user's Documents
>>> folder. Would be handy if VLC remembered the last save location, too.
>>
>> This thread seems to be nonsense as VLC does exactly what the OP says
>> they want.
>>
>> Create a playlist in VLC, save it to a folder of your choice. Reload it
>> by using Media, Open file then navigate back to that folder and select
>> it. VLC will list the contents in the same place you saved it from. The
>> playlist will only start to play automatically if you set VLC to do that.
>
> So your contribution is to whine, ignore subtopics, and duplicate what
> others have already stated. Wow, what a wonderful helper you are.

All you managed to post was irrelevant drivel and questions.

Re: VLC and Playlists

<walxya3o3de6$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=5128&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#5128

From: V@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 12:07:30 -0500
Sender: V@nguard.LH
 by: VanguardLH - Sun, 10 Mar 2024 17:07 UTC

MikeS <mikes@is.invalid> wrote:

> On 09/03/2024 17:47, VanguardLH wrote:
>> MikeS <mikes@invalid.net> wrote:

>>> This thread seems to be nonsense as VLC does exactly what the OP says
>>> they want.
>>>
>>> Create a playlist in VLC, save it to a folder of your choice. Reload it
>>> by using Media, Open file then navigate back to that folder and select
>>> it. VLC will list the contents in the same place you saved it from. The
>>> playlist will only start to play automatically if you set VLC to do that.
>>
>> So your contribution is to whine, ignore subtopics, and duplicate what
>> others have already stated. Wow, what a wonderful helper you are.
>
> All you managed to post was irrelevant drivel and questions.

I did answer the OP's inquiries despite your choice to ignore them. I
then added questions to the OP *after* providing the help. And what's
your contribution here? NOTHING.