The nicest thing about the Alto is that it doesn't run faster at night.

computers / misc.phone.mobile.iphone / Re: Apparently badgolferman expects a direct apology for using his good name to ask questions

SubjectAuthor
* Apparently badgolferman expects a direct apology for using his good name to ask Wally J
+* Re: Apparently badgolferman expects a direct apology for using his good name to badgolferman
|`* Re: Apparently badgolferman expects a direct apology for using his good name to Wally J
| `* Re: Apparently badgolferman expects a direct apology for using hisAlan Browne
|  `- Re: Apparently badgolferman expects a direct apology forbadgolferman
`* Re: Apparently badgolferman expects a direct apology for using hisAlan
 `- Re: Apparently badgolferman expects a direct apology for using hisAlan Browne

1
Apparently badgolferman expects a direct apology for using his good name to ask questions

<uagq3f$1h0fn$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=5466&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#5466

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Apparently badgolferman expects a direct apology for using his good name to ask questions
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2023 14:03:14 -0400
 by: Wally J - Thu, 3 Aug 2023 18:03 UTC

I apologize for having used your nym in a question on news readers.
I added a blacklist capability to disinclude anyone in the blacklist.

See details below also posted to badgolferman on another newsgroup.

Jim Joyce <none@none.invalid> wrote

In Message-ID: <uae0hs$18tl8$1@paganini.bofh.team>. It went like this:

PS: Sorry about impersonating you. It wasn't personal. My program was
written to grab existing nyms and use them randomly, one nym per thread,
and it happened to grab yours. I don't even LOOK at what the nym is.
It's all transparent to me. It happens due to the dictionary lookups.
I manually removed you from that list (although it resorts the list
periodically so I have to make some kind of permanent blacklist).

Jim Joyce <none@none.invalid> wrote
>>I've been successful getting a few people kicked off this newsgroup, Dean
>>Hoffman being one of them due to his incessant off topic abuse on aioe.
>
> No, you haven't been successful because no one can be "kicked off" of an alt
> newsgroup. You may have meant to say that you caused enough chaos with the NSP
> that the NSP took action, but it's not clear. It's possible that you're just
> confused.

I know Usenet as well as you do, as I've posted, oh, for about twenty
years.

I also provided many details (with photos!) and tutorials and the like.
I do it to help others. It's all freely given advice. Just like you do.

But because I post so much, that is why I privatize my nyms [as the
wrapping paper (i.e., the headers) isn't where the value lies in a thread].

Even I can't find all my threads and posts since the nyms are all
randomized.

I don't use a newsreader, per se. I use scripts which call telnet in the
end.
Those scripts were written by Marek Novotny & Herbert Kleebauer mostly.

The scripts pull nyms out of a hat so to speak (it's called a dictionary
lookup).
Then the scripts pull each of the headers out of other dictionary lookups.
Even the time zone is pulled out of a hat.

I have no idea what the scripts use unless I explicitly LOOK at the posts.
The scripts take care to keep the headers intact based on each thread.

They sometimes screw up though when people change the subject line.
Mostly it keys off the subject line and the newsgroups though.
And then keeps the headers intact as long as the subject is exactly the
same.

That's why, by the way, most of my subject lines are explicitly long &
detailed.
There's a low chance that others will have the same subject line that's
long.

All this is done for privacy where there is no real value in the header
anyway.

The value is in the body of the message where there is no value ever from
the
likes of people like Rod Speed (aka "%" and "%%%" etc.) as you know.

To give more detail, for a while I was saving the offtopic posts from the
likes
of these worthless pieces of shit like Dean Hoffman and then sending them
their nntp admin (in the case of Hoffman, it was Paolo Amaroso).

Paolo instantly agreed with me, but he ended up blocking the group instead.
Solely because of Dean Hoffman's spam, aioe banned everyone from posting.

>>Then Rod Speed made his death threats, using his own email address, which
>>was duly reported to the FBI who advised me to constantly change my nyms
>>(among other things like never respond to Rod Speed ever again in Usenet).
>
> Generic advice that anyone could have given you.
> Besides, the FBI has nothing to do with Australian citizens.

I don't know what action the FBI took, but for two reasons I contacted them
(as I would with _any_ death threat that I take seriously).

1. I'm an American citizen, and,
2. It was a death threat (which is a serious crime).

Whether or not Rod Speed was contacted by the Australians, I do not know.

>>Anyway, the kindergarten morons like trader4 outnumbered me a score to one.
>>So I gave up.
>
> Good to hear.

For a while I took it upon myself to clean up the slum that this newsgroup
became even to the point of asking people like 'micky' to stop spamming it.

Micky told me he had every right in the world to be an asshole any time he
wanted, and micky even dared me to try to stop him from spamming this ng.

Here's just a few of the spams Micky said he had every right to troll with.
Continuing racism in Britain, by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/XSngUl__fMU>
Giuiliani and Trump, we're taking burlesque on the road, by micky, to
alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/upZucv43G5g>
appointing a Republican, by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/xlws3wobHCA>
trump and golf, by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/4YoAPpF8dwk>
All the Lawsuits the Trump Campaign Has Filed, by micky, to
alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/2JXVyEoK5Zg>
Mr. Trump is so wise., by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/OnsUDDb7kVY>
Who's in charge for the next 66 days., by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/8mE623STFm4>
trump's coat's wet shouldersz., by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/HjzYg525670>
NBC and CNN call Arizona for Biden., by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/gz4n9msTSug>
trump-lawyers-suffer-embarrassing-rebukes-judges-over-voter-fraud-claims,
by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/DIfUhLp1Wnw>
Clothing and politics, by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/WKTr0UY9QNA>
Joe Biden is leading in Pa. By 5587 votes., by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/cVB_M5CpeWA>
"We hereby claim Michigan", by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/ef5X-i3Rj5g>
NYS is slow, by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/LC9VwPldgDw>
Recount requested in Wisconsin, by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/pj2Eyg3w6TM>
Pres. Kennedy's perss conferences, by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/ibj9GL-6-jY>
Melania and the virus, by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/KovkKyRdXoY>
In abrupt reversal, Michigan's largest county certifies election results,
by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/_KXZ-f2ujdQ>
Why are previous lies ignored, by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/PHR2RJiSFO4>
Dead man voting!, by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/C36yknOkewQ>
fact-checking-craziest-news-conference-trump-presidency/, by micky, to
alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/Pz72WjJQzgM>
Highly places sources, by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/V9vjOLYoA2s>
Office of vaccine saftey disbanded by trump, by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/EqP4U5TpZsY>
Biden Harris on CNN, by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/z2_Dc4sSe4c>
Worth reading, how one should behave, by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/Kq7zYEKmxaY>
Videos, by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/b6Gds_UNV7Q>
mysterious credit card charges, by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/LTJsDRTJ39s>
Monorprice empties my shopping cart, by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/AHKWRY4eZQY>
3 million dollars for recount., by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/8Gj3tBM8j44>
legal matters, by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/-IOWH_5jISg>
All the deadlines for certification., by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/blqVNxi5hK4>
Alliances, by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/Xep6NDPqsd4>
Amazon drivers., by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/8h_lr9MHZ18>
Once, by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/LZO_bJq2pIw>
Should I worry?, by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/kGp4yoxrdgE>
Let's get a move on, by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/rwxqVDk1Ma4>
threats and intimidation, by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/NyjwLdxvOxY>
Finally, what I have been waiting for:, by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/iwjeyIIHyps>
My sil, by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/-zsizOa27Yg>
Wh not to say, What you have to understand is..., by micky, to
alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/kVPHhQPXgNU>
Law & Order rerun, by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/SWXYelVVK-c>
AP through WTOP., by micky, to alt.home.repair
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/41iMsx86XIY>

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Apparently badgolferman expects a direct apology for using his good name to ask questions

<xn0o55ikilpe780006@reader443.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=5467&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#5467

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2023 18:18:06 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Thu, 3 Aug 2023 18:18 UTC

Wally J wrote:

>I apologize for having used your nym in a question on news readers.
>I added a blacklist capability to disinclude anyone in the blacklist.

Thank you. I appreciate your explanation and apology.

Now back to the regularly scheduled program...

Re: Apparently badgolferman expects a direct apology for using his good name to ask questions

<uags66$sacb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=5469&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#5469

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Apparently badgolferman expects a direct apology for using his
good name to ask questions
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2023 11:37:58 -0700
 by: Alan - Thu, 3 Aug 2023 18:37 UTC

On 2023-08-03 11:03, Wally J wrote:
> I apologize for having used your nym in a question on news readers.
> I added a blacklist capability to disinclude anyone in the blacklist.
>
> See details below also posted to badgolferman on another newsgroup.
>
> Jim Joyce <none@none.invalid> wrote
>
> In Message-ID: <uae0hs$18tl8$1@paganini.bofh.team>. It went like this:
>
> PS: Sorry about impersonating you. It wasn't personal. My program was
> written to grab existing nyms and use them randomly, one nym per thread,
> and it happened to grab yours. I don't even LOOK at what the nym is.
> It's all transparent to me. It happens due to the dictionary lookups.
> I manually removed you from that list (although it resorts the list
> periodically so I have to make some kind of permanent blacklist).

You always have to lie, don't you?

> Jim Joyce <none@none.invalid> wrote
>>> I've been successful getting a few people kicked off this newsgroup, Dean
>>> Hoffman being one of them due to his incessant off topic abuse on aioe.
>>
>> No, you haven't been successful because no one can be "kicked off" of an alt
>> newsgroup. You may have meant to say that you caused enough chaos with the NSP
>> that the NSP took action, but it's not clear. It's possible that you're just
>> confused.
>
> I know Usenet as well as you do, as I've posted, oh, for about twenty
> years.

I've posted for more than 30 years

> I also provided many details (with photos!) and tutorials and the like.
> I do it to help others. It's all freely given advice. Just like you do.
>
> But because I post so much, that is why I privatize my nyms [as the
> wrapping paper (i.e., the headers) isn't where the value lies in a thread].

You use nyms because you're a troll.

> Even I can't find all my threads and posts since the nyms are all
> randomized.

Liar.

> I don't use a newsreader, per se. I use scripts which call telnet in the
> end.
> Those scripts were written by Marek Novotny & Herbert Kleebauer mostly.

Liar.

> The scripts pull nyms out of a hat so to speak (it's called a dictionary
> lookup).
> Then the scripts pull each of the headers out of other dictionary lookups.
> Even the time zone is pulled out of a hat.

Liar.

Re: Apparently badgolferman expects a direct apology for using his good name to ask questions

<FbTyM.111193$uLJb.9427@fx41.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=5470&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#5470

good name to ask questions
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2023 15:26:29 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Thu, 3 Aug 2023 19:26 UTC

On 2023-08-03 14:37, Alan wrote:
> On 2023-08-03 11:03, Wally J wrote:
>> I apo
>
> You always have to lie, don't you?

No. But it's now its ingrained habit with it. Probably confused now.

--
“If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything."
-Ronald Coase

Re: Apparently badgolferman expects a direct apology for using his good name to ask questions

<uakj1h$1saec$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=5507&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#5507

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2023 05:27:16 +0100
 by: Wally J - Sat, 5 Aug 2023 04:27 UTC

badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote

> Wally J wrote:
>
>>I apologize for having used your nym in a question on news readers.
>>I added a blacklist capability to disinclude anyone in the blacklist.
>
> Thank you. I appreciate your explanation and apology.
>
> Now back to the regularly scheduled program...

This is the ONLY POST I will read in this thread.
As I'm putting this thread on ignore (see rationale below).
Plus it's time to retire the Wally anyway (you'll know when it's me).

Only an utter idiot wouldn't be able to instantly recognize my posts.

However, please see this repost of a post to Jim Joyce on the subject.
The problem should NOT happen again (see why in the explanation below).

Note: I think it's funny though that Alan Baker is so incredibly stupid
that he argued for MONTHS that it was IMPOSSIBLE to change the newreader
header - if you don't believe me - look here - but my point is that all
these iKooks always prove to have absolutely no intelligence at all.
https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/EiNl6hyMBDo/m/0AEXja55AQAJ

The problem on this newsgroup is the iKooks all lack normal intelligence.
Alan Baker = IQ about 40 (which, let's be clear, is extremely stupid)
Alan Browne = double that (he still claims he can't see a walled garden!)

Seriously... who is _that_ stupid?
Nobody normal.

Anyway...

Alan Baker is on Usenet for one reason only - and that's his amusement.
At least Alan Browne "tries" to understand the adult topics discussed.
Nospam is another story - he simply defends Apple to the death always.
And JR? He's always going to viciously attack anyone who says the truth.

(See copy and paste below).
Jim Joyce <none@none.invalid> wrote

>>I wrote a *DIRECT APOLOGY* very clearly and openly in the ng he frequents.
>
> Not everyone can see signature blocks, so I questioned the decision to place it
> there. That's all.

Thanks for your advice as you have been stating the facts all along.

You're reasonable, and as I said to badgolferman, I don't give a shit who
says what they say - as who said it isn't important - it's WHAT they say
that's important.

Note: Badgolferman is always amazed when I agree with the morons like Dean
Hoffman who, like a broken clock, sometimes say things that are actually
correct. It doesn't matter to me what the nntp header is. The body matters.

The value of the gift isn't in the wrapping paper.

Anyway, to be clear, I wrote an ENTIRE THREAD on the apology for
badgolferman. In the iPhone newsgroup. Which I know he frequents.

He has all he could possibly ask for.
It's his right.

However, I put that thread on mute because I know it will be a shit storm.
But it's there in the complete record.

Bear in mind it's not in a sig but in it's own thread in and of itself.

Moving on to prevent the problem in the future...
*I've changed the dictionaries since then based on your comments.*

I swept the Internet for lists of logins tied to names.

Then I mated that to the existing dictionaries of the current newsreader
lines (which already existed) along with the most common timezones (again,
which already existed). Plus the random headers and random attributions.

The problem of accidentally re-using an existing nym on Usenet is slim now.

It's not zero - but it's damn close (like getting struck by lightning).

Thanks for your advice.

And thanks to everyone for helping me on thousands of threads over the
past decades - and - for me helping others on yet more thousands.

I've written so many tutorials, I can't even count them (many hundreds!).

I'm not on Usenet for amusement (which Powlowki and Hoffman & micky are).
I give the gift of the value in the body of the message.

Those trolls hate me.
So be it.
--
BTW, the "%" poster in this newsgroup is Rod Speed who had issued the death
threat which is in the public record so he can't deny his own words.

Re: Apparently badgolferman expects a direct apology for using his good name to ask questions

<xZtzM.47360$VPEa.550@fx33.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=5517&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#5517

good name to ask questions
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2023 11:33:48 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Sat, 5 Aug 2023 15:33 UTC

On 2023-08-05 00:27, Wally J wrote:

> Plus it's time to retire the Wally anyway (you'll know when it's me).

Must suck to be a nym shifting troll like you...

--
“If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything."
-Ronald Coase

Re: Apparently badgolferman expects a direct apology for using his good name to ask questions

<ualvct$1qg57$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=5522&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#5522

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Apparently badgolferman expects a direct apology for
using his good name to ask questions
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2023 17:03:25 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:5tkbNvN+EWSSsEgiWbByCyyILkc=
 by: badgolferman - Sat, 5 Aug 2023 17:03 UTC

Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com> wrote:
> On 2023-08-05 00:27, Wally J wrote:
>
>> Plus it's time to retire the Wally anyway (you'll know when it's me).
>
> Must suck to be a nym shifting troll like you...

I don’t know about you but I always wanted to be someone else when I was a
kid!