From: me@somewhere.invalid (Terry Pinnell)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Ctrl + L not working
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 16:17:00 +0000
 by: Terry Pinnell - Fri, 29 Mar 2024 16:17 UTC

I can no longer use Ctrl + l to open a message in my browser. Not sure
if it's relevant but this follows some housekeeping: adding a new desk
and some folders and moving many hundred of messages.

Nor can I now find the method for this command that does not use the
shortcut.

Have not yet tried a Win 10 reboot but will do so shortly.

Terry

Re: Ctrl + L not working

<g8td0jlqj2bmk787j231l1mmrheq0c30jv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=5555&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5555

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: Ctrl + L not working
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 06:32:11 +1300
 by: Ralph Fox - Fri, 29 Mar 2024 17:32 UTC

On Fri, 29 Mar 2024 16:17:00 +0000, Terry Pinnell wrote:

> I can no longer use Ctrl + l to open a message in my browser. Not sure
> if it's relevant but this follows some housekeeping: adding a new desk
> and some folders and moving many hundred of messages.
>
> Nor can I now find the method for this command that does not use the
> shortcut.
>
> Have not yet tried a Win 10 reboot but will do so shortly.
>
> Terry

The method using the menus is at: Message >> Launch in Browser
(second from the bottom on the "Message" pull-down menu).

If Agent cannot open the message in your browser, I expect Agent would
display a pop-up of some kind.

Unless you have changed your Agent "Launch Confirmation" settings, you
would also get a pop-up like this whether or not Agent can open the
message in your browser:
Screen-shot: <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=27_3lpd0j__agents_launch-in-browser.png>

--
Kind regards
Ralph Fox

Forewarn'd forearm'd.

Re: Ctrl + L not working

<3dvd0jlo8qbe8f1deopr4njbvu7bda8k04@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=5556&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5556

From: me@somewhere.invalid (Terry Pinnell)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 17:44:21 +0000
 by: Terry Pinnell - Fri, 29 Mar 2024 17:44 UTC

Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:

>On Fri, 29 Mar 2024 16:17:00 +0000, Terry Pinnell wrote:
>
>> I can no longer use Ctrl + l to open a message in my browser. Not sure
>> if it's relevant but this follows some housekeeping: adding a new desk
>> and some folders and moving many hundred of messages.
>>
>> Nor can I now find the method for this command that does not use the
>> shortcut.
>>
>> Have not yet tried a Win 10 reboot but will do so shortly.
>>
>> Terry

>The method using the menus is at: Message >> Launch in Browser
>(second from the bottom on the "Message" pull-down menu).
>
>If Agent cannot open the message in your browser, I expect Agent would
>display a pop-up of some kind.
>
>Unless you have changed your Agent "Launch Confirmation" settings, you
>would also get a pop-up like this whether or not Agent can open the
>message in your browser:
>Screen-shot: <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=27_3lpd0j__agents_launch-in-browser.png>

Thanks for the fast response Ralph.

Happy to report that the PC reboot fixed it.

Terry