From: hope@hope.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: urls
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2024 20:26:40 +0100
 by: hope@hope.com - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 19:26 UTC

hi all

I have a problem

I get sent a email with a link in like www.xxxx.com

I use to double click it and it use to open up Firefox and go to that www page

BUT now it only opens up Firefox and does not go to the site

any ides

www.avg.com

Re: urls

<rqe11jdfviun2vkkhiobqqslhrqu6jtse5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=5570&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5570

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: urls
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2024 16:43:23 +1300
 by: Ralph Fox - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 03:43 UTC

On Fri, 05 Apr 2024 20:26:40 +0100, hope@hope.com wrote:

> hi all
> I have a problem
> I get sent a email with a link in like www.xxxx.com
> I use to double click it and it use to open up Firefox and go to that www page
> BUT now it only opens up Firefox and does not go to the site
> any ides

The answer for links like www.xxxx.com will depend on which way
your Agent is configured to open *http:* URLs at
Tools >> Options >> URL and MIME Settings >> URL Types.

  (a)  “Use windows registry settings”
  (b)  “Use custom settings (below)”

This newsgroup does not know what your personal setting is.

If your setting for http: URLs happens to be (b) above, then:
  1.  Click the “Help” button on the “URL Types” settings panel;
  2.  Pay *close* attention to the help section for the *first*
      ‘Application’ box, including the two bullet points in that
      section.

--
Kind regards
Ralph Fox

They that can cobble and clout, shall have work when others go without.

Re: urls

<19u51j1qaj36h89p86t5j657o140hohuc5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=5582&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5582

From: hope@hope.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2024 21:11:43 +0100
 by: hope@hope.com - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 20:11 UTC

On Sat, 06 Apr 2024 16:43:23 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:>

>The answer for links like www.xxxx.com will depend on which way
>your Agent is configured to open *http:* URLs at
>Tools >> Options >> URL and MIME Settings >> URL Types.
>
>  (a)  “Use windows registry settings”
>  (b)  “Use custom settings (below)”
>
>This newsgroup does not know what your personal setting is.
>

>If your setting for http: URLs happens to be (b) above, then:
>  1.  Click the “Help” button on the “URL Types” settings panel;
>  2.  Pay *close* attention to the help section for the *first*
>      ‘Application’ box, including the two bullet points in that
>      section.

Hi Ralph
Thanks for getting back

I think I'm trying to something that I can't

what I wanted to do is send a link in agent to my son to go to my web site and download the xxx.exe
file , then when download run it.

I have this
http://xxxx.co.uk/remote/johns%20xxxxx.exe

which works fine on my agent ,opens the download then click save as and all okay, BUT when I email
the link to him and he gets it does not work on his agent, all sorts of things come up about like
url urls mine etc etc . he would not have a clue.
Also on the above link it does go and get the file and download it but not run it.

I think I'm asking agent to do something that it cannot do , or I have it all wrong

What it is I have a remote connection program on my server to him but he has to download the file
and run it on his PC then I can connect to him

Many Thanks

www.avg.com

Re: urls

<oi761jtl8dtbr1lsuvprufndv793i3qvnm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=5585&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5585

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2024 10:44:24 +1200
 by: Ralph Fox - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 22:44 UTC

On Sun, 07 Apr 2024 21:11:43 +0100, hope@hope.com wrote:

> what I wanted to do is send a link in agent to my son to go to my web site and download the xxx.exe
> file , then when download run it.
>
> I have this
> http://xxxx.co.uk/remote/johns%20xxxxx.exe
>
> which works fine on my agent ,opens the download then click save as and all okay, BUT when I email
> the link to him and he gets it does not work on his agent, all sorts of things come up about like
> url urls mine etc etc . he would not have a clue.

Tell him to copy the link and paste it into his web browser's URL bar.

> Also on the above link it does go and get the file and download it but not run it.

That is up to the web browser, not up to Agent.

--
Kind regards
Ralph Fox

He that hath no heart let him have heels. So we see, Nature hath provided timorous creatures, as Deers, Hares, Rabbets, with good heels, to save themselves by flight.

Re: urls

<1ct91jpr0d0t4ooo21igsbv1ap2i8qol8a@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=5586&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5586

From: hope@hope.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2024 09:02:47 +0100
 by: hope@hope.com - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 08:02 UTC

On Mon, 08 Apr 2024 10:44:24 +1200, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:

>Tell him to copy the link and paste it into his web browser's URL bar.
>

>> Also on the above link it does go and get the file and download it but not run it.
>
>That is up to the web browser, not up to Agent.

Thanks Ralph

All sorted and running all okay

Thank you for your help AGAIN

Kind Regards