From: ste@io.io (Cordy)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Subject: PAN problem
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 09:54:28 +0200
 by: Cordy - Fri, 8 Jul 2022 07:54 UTC

There's an original thread on alt.comp.os.windows-11, started by me.
I am Italian and so I have an Italian version of windows 11.
I've been using pan since... I don't know... years. 2 days ago, after a
system update, alla of a sudden, PAN stopped loading, without any
further sign.

I only could detect the following registration in the event viewer
(sorry, partly in Italian, of course):
"Nome dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: pan.exe, versione:
0.144.0.0, timestamp: 0x00000000
Nome del modulo che ha generato l'errore: ntdll.dll, versione:
10.0.22000.778, timestamp: 0x5398ab6f
Codice eccezione: 0xc0000374"

This is just to inform eventual people who saw the same problem and is
looking for a solution. I don't know if this is related to the italian
version only of w11. I have no solution, now.

--
Ciao!
Stefano

Re: PAN problem

<slrntcfror.m.p_u_n_k_i_n_d@ID-313311.news.uni-berlin.de>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=581&group=news.software.readers#581

From: p_u_n_k_i_n_d@yahoo.it (issdr)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Subject: Re: PAN problem
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 08:47:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: issdr - Fri, 8 Jul 2022 08:47 UTC

On 2022-07-08, Cordy <ste@io.io> wrote:
> There's an original thread on alt.comp.os.windows-11, started by me.
> I am Italian and so I have an Italian version of windows 11.
> I've been using pan since... I don't know... years. 2 days ago, after a
> system update, alla of a sudden, PAN stopped loading, without any
> further sign.
>
> I only could detect the following registration in the event viewer
> (sorry, partly in Italian, of course):
> "Nome dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: pan.exe, versione:
> 0.144.0.0, timestamp: 0x00000000
> Nome del modulo che ha generato l'errore: ntdll.dll, versione:
> 10.0.22000.778, timestamp: 0x5398ab6f
> Codice eccezione: 0xc0000374"

might be related to unclean/interrupted install/uninstall process. i'd
try uninstalling - rebooting - installing again.

hth

Re: PAN problem

<taqgpc$15ct$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=582&group=news.software.readers#582

From: RudolphRhein@nospam.net (Rudolph Rhein)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 04:44:43 +0300
 by: Rudolph Rhein - Fri, 15 Jul 2022 01:44 UTC

Cordy <ste@io.io> wrote:

> I have no solution, now.

Saw your thread in the alt.comp.os.windows-11 newsgroup

I had suggested maybe you try 40tude dialog instead of pan
(which is what I had done, years ago, when moving off pan).

I had given you instructions for how to find dialog but they were wrong as
I just now realized the web site no longer exists. Sorry about that.