Rocksolid Light

Welcome to Rocksolid Light

mail  files  register  newsreader  groups  login

Message-ID:  

A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in God.


computers / Rocksolid Nodes Help / Re: Configuring RSLight to sync one group with multiple peers?

SubjectAuthor
* Configuring RSLight to sync one group with multiple peers?Syber Shock
`- Configuring RSLight to sync one group with multipleRetro Guy

1
Configuring RSLight to sync one group with multiple peers?

<8b934105e0718cd07465c7ef51c7da75$1@sybershock.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=608&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#608

  copy link   Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Path: i2pn2.org!rocksolid2!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: admin@sybershock.com (Syber Shock)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Subject: Configuring RSLight to sync one group with multiple peers?
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 09:56:06 -0500
Organization: sybershock.com
Message-ID: <8b934105e0718cd07465c7ef51c7da75$1@sybershock.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Injection-Info: novabbs.org;
logging-data="4031226"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org";
posting-account="TzG3Hl99Aa0Fgb506WreKRgRTO2mG9+aGjVDifyfNqo";
 by: Syber Shock - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 14:56 UTC

If I configure RSLight to sync a group with multiple peers will this
likely cause problems?

Envision two sections in config/ with alt.arts.poetry.comments :

--------------------------------------

file:config/poetry.inc.php ~>
'remote_server' => 'news.peer1.url',

file:poetry/groups.txt ~>
alt.arts.poetry.comments <<<
alt.poems

--------------------------------------

file:config/literature.inc.php
'remote_server' => 'news.peer2.url',

file:literature/groups.txt
alt.english.usage
alt.writing
alt.arts.poetry.comments <<<

--------------------------------------

Expect: alt.arts.poetry.comments will sync with each configured group.

Would this lead to any kind of conflict in the backend, spool, or cron
job execution? Would it duplicate group data in the tradspool or sqlite
database? Would it double-download data or would the first synced
section update transfer to the second section sync job?

Also, if I programmatically changed the remote peer in <section>.inc.php
between cron jobs, would that cause any problems?

--
SugarBug | https://sybershock.com | NNTP | Usenet | Forum
Fediverse | https://syfershock.com/users/syfershock
NightBulb | https://nightbulb.net | Flip the night switch.

Re: Configuring RSLight to sync one group with multiple peers?

<40777a2c172f43a98e115bd0c66c0782@rocksolidbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=611&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#611

  copy link   Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Path: i2pn2.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Subject: Re: Configuring RSLight to sync one group with multiple
peers?
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 16:26:11 +0000
Organization: RetroBBS
Message-ID: <40777a2c172f43a98e115bd0c66c0782@rocksolidbbs.com>
References: <8b934105e0718cd07465c7ef51c7da75$1@sybershock.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Info: i2pn2.org;
logging-data="292681"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@i2pn2.org";
posting-account="qk6pvs/sIyKYNRNFdjVS+ghlZZkCUq7cWs+7p7kaLpU";
User-Agent: Rocksolid Light 0.9.1
X-Rslight-Site: $2y$10$InMFYNFf5Xn4gKR1VjcwI.JIyE4rPATsxR9kWdmSdTfsLGoirj8Sa
X-Rslight-Posting-User: 7f2224730128256930309c9186f6203084896743
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 4.0.0 (2022-12-13) on i2pn2.org
X-Face: .&YR-G(w(DZ$$,}%k=]*5*!p'=(anr"IT`wZG'2VWdfl\r)l[42u7JH`n(JUQ*e5*A|XCDf
?&\X&uwkl38"CYX3O8m}C8E4p'%N$2#kSTVzx{Ly|DjLT\Vk7NE}NQ(VC$Yq]i:7|z[.9iv^g>*8_B
H0=hZt'[%)4kG|
 by: Retro Guy - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 16:26 UTC

Syber Shock wrote:

> If I configure RSLight to sync a group with multiple peers will this
> likely cause problems?

> Envision two sections in config/ with alt.arts.poetry.comments :

> --------------------------------------

> file:config/poetry.inc.php ~>
> 'remote_server' => 'news.peer1.url',

> file:poetry/groups.txt ~>
> alt.arts.poetry.comments <<<
> alt.poems

> --------------------------------------

> file:config/literature.inc.php
> 'remote_server' => 'news.peer2.url',

> file:literature/groups.txt
> alt.english.usage
> alt.writing
> alt.arts.poetry.comments <<<

> --------------------------------------

> Expect: alt.arts.poetry.comments will sync with each configured group.

That should work. It will be necessary to create the web dirs, even though
you won't use the web interface (these dirs are where the scripts run from).

Also, don't forget to add 'poetry' and 'literature' to menu.conf.

> Would this lead to any kind of conflict in the backend, spool, or cron
> job execution? Would it duplicate group data in the tradspool or sqlite
> database? Would it double-download data or would the first synced
> section update transfer to the second section sync job?

Each section would maintain a file with article number pointers to the server
configured for that section.

Before downloading any article from a remote server, rslight checks the
message-ids from XOVER. If the message-id is in our history or overview db,
the article is not downloaded, and shows as 'Duplicate' in the log file.
This should all work fine.

> Also, if I programmatically changed the remote peer in <section>.inc.php
> between cron jobs, would that cause any problems?

Same as above. rslight will create a new file for the new remote peer, and
go from there. Then, expect to see a bunch of 'Duplicate' messages in the logs
(spoolnews.log). When you see 'Duplicate', it's just notifying you. It did not
download the message.

--
Retro Guy


computers / Rocksolid Nodes Help / Re: Configuring RSLight to sync one group with multiple peers?

1
server_pubkey.txt

rocksolid light 0.9.81
clearnet tor