From: gmkeros@gmail.com (kyonshi)
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg
Subject: [gizmochina] A Dungeons and Dragons VR Game is Reportedly Under
Development
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 17:50:39 +0100
 by: kyonshi - Wed, 24 Jan 2024 16:50 UTC

https://www.gizmochina.com/2024/01/24/dungeons-and-dragons-vr-game/

A Dungeons and Dragons VR Game is Reportedly Under Development
By Anubhav -Jan 24, 2024

The iconic universe of Dungeons & Dragons is about to leap from the
tabletop to the virtual world. Resolution Games, acclaimed for their
digital fantasy tabletop adventure Demeo, is joining forces with Wizards
of the Coast to create the first-ever Dungeons & Dragons VR game. This
collaboration marks a thrilling new chapter for D&D enthusiasts,
promising an immersive experience that transcends traditional gaming
boundaries.
Dungeons and Dragons is an iconic fantasy game that many are familiar with

Tommy Palm, the brain behind Resolution Games, expressed his enthusiasm
for the project. His words reflect a deep-seated passion for
role-playing games and their unique ability to weave communal
narratives. This new venture is not just a game; it’s an homage to one
of the richest fantasy worlds ever crafted.

What makes Resolution Games the ideal choice for this ambitious project?
Their track record with Demeo, a game deeply inspired by Dungeons &
Dragons, speaks volumes. They’ve shown they can capture the essence of
tabletop gaming and translate it into a digital format that’s both fun
and accessible. Their expertise in VR technology is set to elevate the
D&D universe to an unprecedented level of immersion.

Eugene Evans from Wizards of the Coast and Hasbro highlights this
synergy. He views Resolution Games as the perfect ally to bring the
Dungeons & Dragons universe to life in VR. This collaboration is more
than just a licensing deal; it’s a shared vision to expand the reach and
appeal of one of the world’s most beloved gaming franchises.

While details about the game, including its release date and platform
availability, remain under wraps, the anticipation is already mounting.
This project arrives amidst a resurgence of interest in Dungeons &
Dragons, fueled by recent successes like the movie “Honour Among
Thieves” and the game “Baldur’s Gate 3“. It seems the stars have aligned
for D&D, as it continues to captivate new audiences while honoring its
rich legacy.

Re: [gizmochina] A Dungeons and Dragons VR Game is Reportedly Under Development

<02t4ril03feuua2j7g8q5nooj1rltaqtpe@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=629&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg#629

From: spallshurgenson@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg
Subject: Re: [gizmochina] A Dungeons and Dragons VR Game is Reportedly Under Development
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 09:49:06 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Thu, 25 Jan 2024 14:49 UTC

On Wed, 24 Jan 2024 17:50:39 +0100, kyonshi <gmkeros@gmail.com> wrote:

>https://www.gizmochina.com/2024/01/24/dungeons-and-dragons-vr-game/
>

>A Dungeons and Dragons VR Game is Reportedly Under Development
>By Anubhav -Jan 24, 2024
>
>The iconic universe of Dungeons & Dragons is about to leap from the
>tabletop to the virtual world. Resolution Games, acclaimed for their
>digital fantasy tabletop adventure Demeo, is joining forces with Wizards
>of the Coast to create the first-ever Dungeons & Dragons VR game. This
>collaboration marks a thrilling new chapter for D&D enthusiasts,
>promising an immersive experience that transcends traditional gaming
>boundaries.

It's good to see Hasbro has such faith in their license as to hand the
game off to such a renowned studio as the one that made classic games
like "Acron: Attack of the Squirrels" and "Angry Birds VR".

We wouldn't want the game in the hands of hacks like Larian or even
Bioware, after all.

Re: [gizmochina] A Dungeons and Dragons VR Game is Reportedly Under Development

<uou8hh$2d8fa$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=630&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg#630

From: gmkeros@gmail.com (kyonshi)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg
Development
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 19:16:18 +0100
 by: kyonshi - Thu, 25 Jan 2024 18:16 UTC

On 1/25/2024 3:49 PM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Jan 2024 17:50:39 +0100, kyonshi <gmkeros@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> https://www.gizmochina.com/2024/01/24/dungeons-and-dragons-vr-game/
>>

>> A Dungeons and Dragons VR Game is Reportedly Under Development
>> By Anubhav -Jan 24, 2024
>>
>> The iconic universe of Dungeons & Dragons is about to leap from the
>> tabletop to the virtual world. Resolution Games, acclaimed for their
>> digital fantasy tabletop adventure Demeo, is joining forces with Wizards
>> of the Coast to create the first-ever Dungeons & Dragons VR game. This
>> collaboration marks a thrilling new chapter for D&D enthusiasts,
>> promising an immersive experience that transcends traditional gaming
>> boundaries.
>
> It's good to see Hasbro has such faith in their license as to hand the
> game off to such a renowned studio as the one that made classic games
> like "Acron: Attack of the Squirrels" and "Angry Birds VR".
>
> We wouldn't want the game in the hands of hacks like Larian or even
> Bioware, after all.

They hand it off to whoever can pay the licensing fee. It's not like
it's the first time some 3rd rate studio made a mess of things
concerning DnD.