From: seth@home.sethhurst.com (hurst)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Subject: what would be a good reader for a blind user of linux?
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 16:53:01 -0400
 by: hurst - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 20:53 UTC

So I'm wondering what would be a good newsreader for a blind user. I'm
currently using betterbird for text posts as well as tin. I would like a
more gui experience but pan and Sylthfeed will not allow Orca to read
the message window. I can list and post with Sylthfeed and pan but just
not read. Any advice would be great. And I would kind of like a more
dedicated newsgroup client.

Ping Brian Gaff (Was: Re: what would be a good reader for a blind user of linux?)

<1px9s31.6qljtsocb1z5N%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=632&group=news.software.readers#632

From: snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers,uk.tech.broadcast
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 01:05:43 +0100
 by: Sn!pe - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 00:05 UTC

[from news.software.readers]

hurst <seth@home.sethhurst.com> wrote:

> So I'm wondering what would be a good newsreader for a blind user. I'm
> currently using betterbird for text posts as well as tin. I would like a
> more gui experience but pan and Sylthfeed will not allow Orca to read
> the message window. I can list and post with Sylthfeed and pan but just
> not read. Any advice would be great. And I would kind of like a more
> dedicated newsgroup client.

Brian Gaff is a blind user in the UK technical groups, he's quite
clued up. I'll crosspost this to uk.tech.broadcast; I saw him in
there a couple of days ago. I'll add "Ping Brian Gaff" to the
Subject line. HTH

--
^Ï^ My pet rock Gordon just is.

~ Slava Ukraini ~

Re: Ping Brian Gaff (Was: Re: what would be a good reader for a blind user of linux?)

<tea3k3$3uhbk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=633&group=news.software.readers#633

From: brian1gaff@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers,uk.tech.broadcast
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 10:26:22 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 09:26 UTC

I've never used Linux, so do not know how the awker screenreader performs
with different software.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"Sn!pe" <snipeco.2@gmail.com> wrote in message
> [from news.software.readers]
>
> hurst <seth@home.sethhurst.com> wrote:
>
>> So I'm wondering what would be a good newsreader for a blind user. I'm
>> currently using betterbird for text posts as well as tin. I would like a
>> more gui experience but pan and Sylthfeed will not allow Orca to read
>> the message window. I can list and post with Sylthfeed and pan but just
>> not read. Any advice would be great. And I would kind of like a more
>> dedicated newsgroup client.
>
> Brian Gaff is a blind user in the UK technical groups, he's quite
> clued up. I'll crosspost this to uk.tech.broadcast; I saw him in
> there a couple of days ago. I'll add "Ping Brian Gaff" to the
> Subject line. HTH
>
> --
> ^�^ My pet rock Gordon just is.
>
> ~ Slava Ukraini ~

Re: Ping Brian Gaff

<1pxalar.dml4lu1f9mz31N%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=634&group=news.software.readers#634

Followup: news.software.readers
From: snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers,uk.tech.broadcast
Subject: Re: Ping Brian Gaff
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 11:33:00 +0100
This article comprises only my personal opinions unless otherwise stated.
May contain traces of nuts.
 by: Sn!pe - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 10:33 UTC

Brian Gaff <brian1gaff@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've never used Linux, so do not know how the awker screenreader performs
> with different software.
> Brian

Thanks for responding, Brian.

Followup returned to news.software.readers

--
^Ï^ My pet rock Gordon just is.

~ Slava Ukraini ~