Reserve your abuse for your true friends. -- Larry Wall in <199712041852.KAA19364@wall.org>

computers / misc.phone.mobile.iphone / Re: *Why are the iKooks so completely oblivious of all facts about Apple?*

SubjectAuthor
* *Why are the iKooks so completely oblivious of all facts about Apple?*Wally J
+* Re: *Why are the iKooks so completely oblivious of all facts aboutHank Rogers
|`* Re: *Why are the iKooks so completely oblivious of all facts about Apple?*Wally J
| `- Re: *Why are the iKooks so completely oblivious of all facts aboutAlan
`- Re: *Why are the iKooks so completely oblivious of all facts aboutAlan

1
*Why are the iKooks so completely oblivious of all facts about Apple?*

<udqqbp$2tpng$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=6571&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#6571

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: *Why are the iKooks so completely oblivious of all facts about Apple?*
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 18:56:57 -0400
 by: Wally J - Tue, 12 Sep 2023 22:56 UTC

It's an _adult_ question to ask of this child-like Apple newsgroup...

*Why are the iKooks so completely oblivious of all facts about Apple?*

Background below...
candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote

>> Only if the owner of the phone had been informed beforehand. Perhaps
>> providing a switch to let the owner decide if they want that option
>> would have been prudent. In this case they were found to be guilty of
>> hiding what they were doing, which made owners upgrade to newer phones
>> rather than just get new batteries.
>>

> Ironically, they *already have a low power mode switch*. The option was
> *right there* and they just...didn't??

You have to keep in mind that I reported this first to this newsgroup.
Because I keep abreast of what is in the news about Apple products.

You have to then keep in mind that for years, the iKooks denied the truth.
They claimed all sorts of lies Apple promulgated - which failed in court.

Apple paid over a billion dollars in the main lawsuit, and another hundred
million or so in the criminal French prosecution & Attorneys General suits.

*Clearly Apple is a despicable company*
*Devoid of moral fortitude*

Any decent company would have stood by their customers when they figured
out that the power design of only some iPhones was incompetently designed.

Any decent company would have recalled the affected phones (which, let's be
very clear, was only a subset of phones - even as all the Apple iPhones and
iPads used the exact same battery technology - a point lost on iKooks).

*Had Apple been a decent company - they would have recalled the phones*
*And they would have replaced the battery on those affected phones*
*Probably for two life cycles - (approx. four years)*

Instead... *Apple tried to _hide_ their incompetent-design* mistake.

As an adult, I wonder how much it would have cost Apple to simply do the
decent moral thing instead of trying to screw the customer by
a. Secretly installing software that throttled the affected phones
b. Without telling anyone - not even Genius Bar employees
c. Such that millions of people went out and bought new phones

And worse... to further cover up
A. Apple secretly added a cryptic single line to the release notes
B. Which merely alluded to the fact they "changed power delivery"
C. And then Apple secretly _backdated_ those release notes

These _criminal_ actions by Apple were duly noticed and Apple lost every
civil and criminal case against them (AFAIK) because the proof is there.

And yet... the ignorant low-IQ uneducated religious zealot iKooks are
completely oblivious of every single well-known fact I just stated.

Why?

*Why are the iKooks so completely oblivious of all facts about Apple?*

Re: *Why are the iKooks so completely oblivious of all facts about Apple?*

<7A6MM.852$H8td.514@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=6572&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#6572

Subject: Re: *Why are the iKooks so completely oblivious of all facts about
Apple?*
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: hank@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 18:34:25 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Tue, 12 Sep 2023 23:34 UTC

Wally J wrote:
> It's an _adult_ question to ask of this child-like Apple newsgroup...
>
> *Why are the iKooks so completely oblivious of all facts about Apple?*
>

> Background below...
> candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote
>
>>> Only if the owner of the phone had been informed beforehand. Perhaps
>>> providing a switch to let the owner decide if they want that option
>>> would have been prudent. In this case they were found to be guilty of
>>> hiding what they were doing, which made owners upgrade to newer phones
>>> rather than just get new batteries.
>>>

>> Ironically, they *already have a low power mode switch*. The option was
>> *right there* and they just...didn't??
>
> You have to keep in mind that I reported this first to this newsgroup.
> Because I keep abreast of what is in the news about Apple products.
>
> You have to then keep in mind that for years, the iKooks denied the truth.
> They claimed all sorts of lies Apple promulgated - which failed in court.
>
> Apple paid over a billion dollars in the main lawsuit, and another hundred
> million or so in the criminal French prosecution & Attorneys General suits.
>
> *Clearly Apple is a despicable company*
> *Devoid of moral fortitude*
>
> Any decent company would have stood by their customers when they figured
> out that the power design of only some iPhones was incompetently designed.
>
> Any decent company would have recalled the affected phones (which, let's be
> very clear, was only a subset of phones - even as all the Apple iPhones and
> iPads used the exact same battery technology - a point lost on iKooks).
>
> *Had Apple been a decent company - they would have recalled the phones*
> *And they would have replaced the battery on those affected phones*
> *Probably for two life cycles - (approx. four years)*
>
> Instead... *Apple tried to _hide_ their incompetent-design* mistake.
>
> As an adult, I wonder how much it would have cost Apple to simply do the
> decent moral thing instead of trying to screw the customer by
> a. Secretly installing software that throttled the affected phones
> b. Without telling anyone - not even Genius Bar employees
> c. Such that millions of people went out and bought new phones
>
> And worse... to further cover up
> A. Apple secretly added a cryptic single line to the release notes
> B. Which merely alluded to the fact they "changed power delivery"
> C. And then Apple secretly _backdated_ those release notes
>
> These _criminal_ actions by Apple were duly noticed and Apple lost every
> civil and criminal case against them (AFAIK) because the proof is there.
>
> And yet... the ignorant low-IQ uneducated religious zealot iKooks are
> completely oblivious of every single well-known fact I just stated.
>
> Why?
>
> *Why are the iKooks so completely oblivious of all facts about Apple?*

If you get caught again hanging out with children, you'll go to
jail.

Re: *Why are the iKooks so completely oblivious of all facts about Apple?*

<udqunk$1poch$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=6573&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#6573

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Apple?*
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 17:11:32 -0700
 by: Alan - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 00:11 UTC

On 2023-09-12 15:56, Wally J wrote:
> It's an _adult_ question to ask of this child-like Apple newsgroup...
>
> *Why are the iKooks so completely oblivious of all facts about Apple?*
>

> Background below...
> candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote
>
>>> Only if the owner of the phone had been informed beforehand. Perhaps
>>> providing a switch to let the owner decide if they want that option
>>> would have been prudent. In this case they were found to be guilty of
>>> hiding what they were doing, which made owners upgrade to newer phones
>>> rather than just get new batteries.
>>>

>> Ironically, they *already have a low power mode switch*. The option was
>> *right there* and they just...didn't??
>
> You have to keep in mind that I reported this first to this newsgroup.
> Because I keep abreast of what is in the news about Apple products.
>
> You have to then keep in mind that for years, the iKooks denied the truth.
> They claimed all sorts of lies Apple promulgated - which failed in court.
>
> Apple paid over a billion dollars in the main lawsuit, and another hundred
> million or so in the criminal French prosecution & Attorneys General suits.

There was no "criminal French prosecution".

You know that to be false, so not only are you "just stating facts"...

....you're flat-out lying.

And Apple did NOT pay "over a billion dollars" in the main lawsuit.

In FACT, the real number is less than half that.

> Why?

Why are you so willing to lie?

I have no idea.

Re: *Why are the iKooks so completely oblivious of all facts about Apple?*

<udr0ap$32l34$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=6575&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#6575

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 20:38:49 -0400
 by: Wally J - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 00:38 UTC

Hank Rogers <hank@nospam.invalid> wrote

>> *Why are the iKooks so completely oblivious of all facts about Apple?*
>>

> If you get caught again hanging out with children, you'll go to
> jail.

The point is the iKooks are oblivious to the facts.

It's a fact that the French criminal system prosecuted Apple.
Apple made a deal with them but the prosecution was clearly criminal.

The money Apple paid went to the Paris district attorney's office in fact.

Yet the iKooks are completely oblivious of that fact.

It's a fact that Apple accepted a half-billion dollar settlement in one
lawsuit alone (where the other half billion was included in the tremendous
legal costs plus the various and sundry 'smaller' lawsuits such as those in
the many tens of millions settled with the Attorneys General and there's
even a Canadian lawsuit which I'm unaware myself of what the status is).

Yet the iKooks are completely oblivious of those facts.

It's a fact that only some of the (worst designed) iPhones had this problem
where only those incompetently designed iPhones were secretly throttled.

Yet iKooks blame batteries - which shows how incredibly stupid they are.

It's a fact that Apple never told anyone, and, in fact, they didn't even
tell their own support personnel, such that countless people were told that
it's normal for an iPhone to slow down after an update so they needed a new
iPhone.

Yet the iKooks are completely oblivious that Apple never told anyone.

It's a fact that Apple, when they realized certain iPhones had this
atrocious design flaw, did NOT do the decent thing and recall the phones.

Why don't the iKooks realize recalling the phones would have been the
decent thing for Apple to do?

What's wrong with iKooks that they are completely ignorant of the truth?

Re: *Why are the iKooks so completely oblivious of all facts about Apple?*

<udr1ah$1q0o8$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=6576&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#6576

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Apple?*
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 17:55:45 -0700
 by: Alan - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 00:55 UTC

On 2023-09-12 17:38, Wally J wrote:
> Hank Rogers <hank@nospam.invalid> wrote
>
>>> *Why are the iKooks so completely oblivious of all facts about Apple?*
>>>

>> If you get caught again hanging out with children, you'll go to
>> jail.
>
> The point is the iKooks are oblivious to the facts.
>
> It's a fact that the French criminal system prosecuted Apple.

That's not a fact.

> Apple made a deal with them but the prosecution was clearly criminal.

That's not a fact.

> The money Apple paid went to the Paris district attorney's office in fact.

Cite, please!

> Yet the iKooks are completely oblivious of that fact.
>
> It's a fact that Apple accepted a half-billion dollar settlement in one
> lawsuit alone (where the other half billion was included in the tremendous
> legal costs plus the various and sundry 'smaller' lawsuits such as those in
> the many tens of millions settled with the Attorneys General and there's
> even a Canadian lawsuit which I'm unaware myself of what the status is).

Cite, please!

> Yet the iKooks are completely oblivious of those facts.
>
> It's a fact that only some of the (worst designed) iPhones had this problem
> where only those incompetently designed iPhones were secretly throttled.
>
> Yet iKooks blame batteries - which shows how incredibly stupid they are.

No one is "blaming" batteries.

Batteries run down.

THAT is a fact.

> It's a fact that Apple never told anyone, and, in fact, they didn't even
> tell their own support personnel, such that countless people were told that
> it's normal for an iPhone to slow down after an update so they needed a new
> iPhone.

Cite, please!

> Yet the iKooks are completely oblivious that Apple never told anyone.
>
> It's a fact that Apple, when they realized certain iPhones had this
> atrocious design flaw, did NOT do the decent thing and recall the phones.

There was no design flaw.

Devices running on batteries run out of power at some point.

That is a fact.

computers / misc.phone.mobile.iphone / Re: *Why are the iKooks so completely oblivious of all facts about Apple?*