Leveraging always beats prototyping.

computers / misc.phone.mobile.iphone / two updates this week

SubjectAuthor
* two updates this week*Hemidactylus*
`* Re: two updates this weekAlan Browne
 `* Re: two updates this week*Hemidactylus*
  `* Re: two updates this weekAnonymous
   `* Re: two updates this week*Hemidactylus*
    `* Re: two updates this weekAnonymous
     +* Re: two updates this weekAlan
     |+- Re: two updates this weekWilf
     |`- Re: two updates this weekChris in Makati
     `- Re: two updates this week*Hemidactylus*

1
two updates this week

<wIudnSgLA-rHfpX4nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=6933&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#6933

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: two updates this week
From: ecphoric@allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2023 23:55:06 +0000
 by: *Hemidactylus* - Mon, 18 Sep 2023 23:55 UTC

The new iOS and the 2023 Spikevax are dropping at the same time!

Coincidence????

Hopefully they both go ok. Spikevax is gonna ruin my Wednesday. I can
convalesce toying with iOS 17 if my brain doesn’t melt. The nanomagnets
might go haywire.

Re: two updates this week

<zw5OM.75933$CVBc.37131@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=6934&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#6934

Subject: Re: two updates this week
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2023 20:00:31 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Tue, 19 Sep 2023 00:00 UTC

On 2023-09-18 19:55, *Hemidactylus* wrote:
> The new iOS and the 2023 Spikevax are dropping at the same time!
>
> Coincidence????
>
> Hopefully they both go ok. Spikevax is gonna ruin my Wednesday. I can
> convalesce toying with iOS 17 if my brain doesn’t melt. The nanomagnets
> might go haywire.

Put a long iron bar under your bed (head to toe).
Orient the bed East-West.
You'll be fine.

Oh, and don't forget to do your own research.

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Re: two updates this week

<Mj6dnQ1jIoKIe5X4nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=6935&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#6935

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: ecphoric@allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 00:06:45 +0000
 by: *Hemidactylus* - Tue, 19 Sep 2023 00:06 UTC

Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com> wrote:
> On 2023-09-18 19:55, *Hemidactylus* wrote:
>> The new iOS and the 2023 Spikevax are dropping at the same time!
>>
>> Coincidence????
>>
>> Hopefully they both go ok. Spikevax is gonna ruin my Wednesday. I can
>> convalesce toying with iOS 17 if my brain doesn’t melt. The nanomagnets
>> might go haywire.
>
> Put a long iron bar under your bed (head to toe).
> Orient the bed East-West.
> You'll be fine.
>
> Oh, and don't forget to do your own research.

I usually check the comments sections on right wing kook sites for my
medical advice so should be ok.

My iOS 17 update went smoothly.

Mixing COVID and flu vaccines in different arms perhaps not so fun. Not my
first rodeo.

Re: two updates this week

<ueb2c1$2e822$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=6938&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#6938

From: anon@anon.net (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 02:51:00 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Tue, 19 Sep 2023 02:51 UTC

*Hemidactylus* wrote:
> Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com> wrote:
>> On 2023-09-18 19:55, *Hemidactylus* wrote:
>>> The new iOS and the 2023 Spikevax are dropping at the same time!
>>>
>>> Coincidence????
>>>
>>> Hopefully they both go ok. Spikevax is gonna ruin my Wednesday. I can
>>> convalesce toying with iOS 17 if my brain doesn’t melt. The nanomagnets
>>> might go haywire.
>>
>> Put a long iron bar under your bed (head to toe).
>> Orient the bed East-West.
>> You'll be fine.
>>
>> Oh, and don't forget to do your own research.
>>
> I usually check the comments sections on right wing kook sites for my
> medical advice so should be ok.
>
> My iOS 17 update went smoothly.
>
> Mixing COVID and flu vaccines in different arms perhaps not so fun. Not my
> first rodeo.

Make sure your children get the clot shot boosters:

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/meetings/downloads/slides-2023-09-12/05-COVID-Link-Gelles-508.pdf

(See slide 25)

Re: two updates this week

<N5SdnUAcgcbKgZT4nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=6939&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#6939

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: ecphoric@allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 03:58:15 +0000
 by: *Hemidactylus* - Tue, 19 Sep 2023 03:58 UTC

Anonymous <anon@anon.net> wrote:
> *Hemidactylus* wrote:
>> Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com> wrote:

>>> Put a long iron bar under your bed (head to toe).
>>> Orient the bed East-West.
>>> You'll be fine.
>>>
>>> Oh, and don't forget to do your own research.
>>>
>> I usually check the comments sections on right wing kook sites for my
>> medical advice so should be ok.
>>
>> My iOS 17 update went smoothly.
>>
>> Mixing COVID and flu vaccines in different arms perhaps not so fun. Not my
>> first rodeo.
>>

> Make sure your children get the clot shot boosters:
>
> https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/meetings/downloads/slides-2023-09-12/05-COVID-Link-Gelles-508.pdf
>
> (See slide 25)

Where in a slide about adults over 18 years does it mention “clot” shots in
children? What about this slide are you rambling about? You realize the
updated boosters target XBB 1.5 right? The bivalent in that slide did
better against two other strains but not XBB 1.5? The bivalent back then
was specific toward BA.4 and BA.5:

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-fda-authorizes-moderna-pfizer-biontech-bivalent-covid-19-vaccines-use

Article date August 31, 2022

The range of dates for XBB 1.5 on that slide was Jan 18-May 31 2023.

The XBB 1.5 targeted vaccines are just being released.

So what is it you’re insinuating?

Re: two updates this week

<uedgcl$2ks04$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7073&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#7073

From: anon@anon.net (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 01:03:00 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Wed, 20 Sep 2023 01:03 UTC

*Hemidactylus* wrote:
> Anonymous <anon@anon.net> wrote:
>> *Hemidactylus* wrote:

>>> I usually check the comments sections on right wing kook sites for my
>>> medical advice so should be ok.
>>>
>>> My iOS 17 update went smoothly.
>>>
>>> Mixing COVID and flu vaccines in different arms perhaps not so fun. Not my
>>> first rodeo.
>>>

>> Make sure your children get the clot shot boosters:
>>
>> https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/meetings/downloads/slides-2023-09-12/05-COVID-Link-Gelles-508.pdf
>>
>> (See slide 25)
>>
> Where in a slide about adults over 18 years does it mention “clot” shots in
> children? What about this slide are you rambling about? You realize the
> updated boosters target XBB 1.5 right? The bivalent in that slide did
> better against two other strains but not XBB 1.5? The bivalent back then
> was specific toward BA.4 and BA.5:
>
> https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-fda-authorizes-moderna-pfizer-biontech-bivalent-covid-19-vaccines-use
>
> Article date August 31, 2022
>
> The range of dates for XBB 1.5 on that slide was Jan 18-May 31 2023.
>
> The XBB 1.5 targeted vaccines are just being released.
>
> So what is it you’re insinuating?

Taking only the original shot made it more likely that you would be
hospitalized. If you took the bivalent booster, but more than three
months in the past, you were also more likely to be hospitalized.

The clot shots DAMAGE immune response. If you want to avoid that, you
need to keep taking shot after shot every three months or so. But doing
THAT means you're at cumulative additional risk of a serious or fatal
side effect with each new dose.

Re: two updates this week

<uee7bc$2r266$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7088&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#7088

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 00:35:08 -0700
 by: Alan - Wed, 20 Sep 2023 07:35 UTC

On 2023-09-19 18:03, Anonymous wrote:
> *Hemidactylus* wrote:
>> Anonymous <anon@anon.net> wrote:

>>> Make sure your children get the clot shot boosters:
>>>
>>> https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/meetings/downloads/slides-2023-09-12/05-COVID-Link-Gelles-508.pdf
>>>
>>> (See slide 25)
>>>
>> Where in a slide about adults over 18 years does it mention “clot” shots in
>> children? What about this slide are you rambling about? You realize the
>> updated boosters target XBB 1.5 right? The bivalent in that slide did
>> better against two other strains but not XBB 1.5? The bivalent back then
>> was specific toward BA.4 and BA.5:
>>
>> https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-fda-authorizes-moderna-pfizer-biontech-bivalent-covid-19-vaccines-use
>>
>> Article date August 31, 2022
>>
>> The range of dates for XBB 1.5 on that slide was Jan 18-May 31 2023.
>>
>> The XBB 1.5 targeted vaccines are just being released.
>>
>> So what is it you’re insinuating?
>>

> Taking only the original shot made it more likely that you would be
> hospitalized. If you took the bivalent booster, but more than three
> months in the past, you were also more likely to be hospitalized.
>
> The clot shots DAMAGE immune response. If you want to avoid that, you
> need to keep taking shot after shot every three months or so. But doing
> THAT means you're at cumulative additional risk of a serious or fatal
> side effect with each new dose.

And your source for all this is...

Re: two updates this week

<uee87r$cmmr$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7089&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#7089

From: wilf21@is.invalid (Wilf)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 08:50:20 +0100
 by: Wilf - Wed, 20 Sep 2023 07:50 UTC

On 20/09/2023 at 08:35, Alan wrote:
> On 2023-09-19 18:03, Anonymous wrote:
>> *Hemidactylus* wrote:

>>> Where in a slide about adults over 18 years does it mention “clot” shots in
>>> children? What about this slide are you rambling about? You realize the
>>> updated boosters target XBB 1.5 right? The bivalent in that slide did
>>> better against two other strains but not XBB 1.5? The bivalent back then
>>> was specific toward BA.4 and BA.5:
>>>
>>> https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-fda-authorizes-moderna-pfizer-biontech-bivalent-covid-19-vaccines-use
>>>
>>> Article date August 31, 2022
>>>
>>> The range of dates for XBB 1.5 on that slide was Jan 18-May 31 2023.
>>>
>>> The XBB 1.5 targeted vaccines are just being released.
>>>
>>> So what is it you’re insinuating?
>>>

>> Taking only the original shot made it more likely that you would be
>> hospitalized. If you took the bivalent booster, but more than three
>> months in the past, you were also more likely to be hospitalized.
>>
>> The clot shots DAMAGE immune response. If you want to avoid that, you
>> need to keep taking shot after shot every three months or so. But doing
>> THAT means you're at cumulative additional risk of a serious or fatal
>> side effect with each new dose.
>
> And your source for all this is...

Probably a friend's sister's boyfriend's facebook page.

--
Wilf

Re: two updates this week

<IgWdnewnCfduVpf4nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7094&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#7094

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: ecphoric@allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 10:39:47 +0000
 by: *Hemidactylus* - Wed, 20 Sep 2023 10:39 UTC

Anonymous <anon@anon.net> wrote:
> *Hemidactylus* wrote:
>> Anonymous <anon@anon.net> wrote:

>>> Make sure your children get the clot shot boosters:
>>>
>>> https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/meetings/downloads/slides-2023-09-12/05-COVID-Link-Gelles-508.pdf
>>>
>>> (See slide 25)
>>>
>> Where in a slide about adults over 18 years does it mention “clot” shots in
>> children? What about this slide are you rambling about? You realize the
>> updated boosters target XBB 1.5 right? The bivalent in that slide did
>> better against two other strains but not XBB 1.5? The bivalent back then
>> was specific toward BA.4 and BA.5:
>>
>> https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-fda-authorizes-moderna-pfizer-biontech-bivalent-covid-19-vaccines-use
>>
>> Article date August 31, 2022
>>
>> The range of dates for XBB 1.5 on that slide was Jan 18-May 31 2023.
>>
>> The XBB 1.5 targeted vaccines are just being released.
>>
>> So what is it you’re insinuating?
>>

> Taking only the original shot made it more likely that you would be
> hospitalized. If you took the bivalent booster, but more than three
> months in the past, you were also more likely to be hospitalized.
>
> The clot shots DAMAGE immune response. If you want to avoid that, you
> need to keep taking shot after shot every three months or so. But doing
> THAT means you're at cumulative additional risk of a serious or fatal
> side effect with each new dose.

By way of comparison given the shorter life span of the artificial spike
product in the body I wonder what multiple infections with the clot virus
might do to us. The virus lasts a while since it reproduces in our body.
The mRNA doesn’t replicate like a virus. It gets translated on ribosomes
and eventually dissipates.

There is imprinting (aka original sin) where previous immune response
history sets the tone for success or failure of future responses. This also
is an aspect of flu shots and infections over time. Previous infection with
a non-COVID cold coronavirus could either help or hinder response to
various strains of COVID dependent on antigen profile versus antibodies
produced.

For me after a year since my last booster being injected with the XBB 1.5
specific booster makes sense. My response has probably waned and the memory
is weak so hopefully imprinting is less a problem. I dunno. People infected
by the virus itself and/or having been previously immunized will have
different responses than me. I’ve never been infected that I know of or the
shots kept me from being symptomatic.

This is the world we live in unfortunately. It’s an arms race between
immune response and virus where vaccines are a tool in the arsenal.

Re: two updates this week

<p4plgi5hroc1732hvl3f8is35bas5vaga0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7097&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#7097

From: mail@nospam.com (Chris in Makati)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 13:27:28 +0100
 by: Chris in Makati - Wed, 20 Sep 2023 12:27 UTC

On Wed, 20 Sep 2023 00:35:08 -0700, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

>> The clot shots DAMAGE immune response. If you want to avoid that, you
>> need to keep taking shot after shot every three months or so. But doing
>> THAT means you're at cumulative additional risk of a serious or fatal
>> side effect with each new dose.
>
>And your source for all this is...

Probably from some conspiracy theorist on YouTube. But he was wearing
a white coat, so he must have been a real doctor.

computers / misc.phone.mobile.iphone / two updates this week