You might have mail.

computers / alt.os.linux.mint / Re: USB drive read-only after Mint upgrade

SubjectAuthor
* USB drive read-only after Mint upgradeHandsome Jack
+* USB drive read-only after Mint upgradeBig Al
|`- USB drive read-only after Mint upgradeHandsome Jack
+* USB drive read-only after Mint upgradeNic
|+* USB drive read-only after Mint upgradeRonB
||`* USB drive read-only after Mint upgradeHandsome Jack
|| +* USB drive read-only after Mint upgradePaul
|| |`* USB drive read-only after Mint upgradeHandsome Jack
|| | `* USB drive read-only after Mint upgradePaul
|| |  `* USB drive read-only after Mint upgradePaul
|| |   +- USB drive read-only after Mint upgradeHandsome Jack
|| |   `* USB drive read-only after Mint upgradeHandsome Jack
|| |    `* USB drive read-only after Mint upgradePaul
|| |     `* USB drive read-only after Mint upgradeEdmund
|| |      `* USB drive read-only after Mint upgradeNic
|| |       `* USB drive read-only after Mint upgradeEdmund
|| |        `* USB drive read-only after Mint upgradeNic
|| |         `* USB drive read-only after Mint upgradeEdmund
|| |          `- USB drive read-only after Mint upgradeNic
|| `- USB drive read-only after Mint upgradeRonB
|`* USB drive read-only after Mint upgradePaul
| `- USB drive read-only after Mint upgradeHandsome Jack
+- USB drive read-only after Mint upgradeBranimir Maksimovic
`* USB drive read-only after Mint upgradeEdmund
 `* USB drive read-only after Mint upgradeRonB
  `* USB drive read-only after Mint upgradeEdmund
   `- USB drive read-only after Mint upgradewicklowham

Pages:12
Re: USB drive read-only after Mint upgrade

<uhr8s9$1450v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7050&group=alt.os.linux.mint#7050

From: nomail@hotmail.com (Edmund)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Subject: Re: USB drive read-only after Mint upgrade
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 17:09:43 +0100
 by: Edmund - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 16:09 UTC

On 10/31/23 14:23, Nic wrote:
> On 10/31/23 7:51 AM, Edmund wrote:

>>> I agree Linux Mint has its share of problems with usb at the top, but
>>> I will continue to use it instead of the m$ alternatives. It is a
>>> great system that can compete with the m$$$$$$$ way. I like to think
>>> that as computers evolve and as new knowledge is acquired eventually
>>> most of these problems will go away.
>>
>> I gave up that idea, the utter insanity and chaos in the linux society
>> make sure things will never be solved.
>>

> Perhaps it is human nature or human nature dumbed down with modern day
> foods, but when it comes to innovation you never know when a new
> Beethoven will be born to the computer scene. The insanity you speak of
> is manifesting not only in the Linux society but in society in general
> as we approach greater wars and destruction's.

Well I am not disagreeing with you here but before we get philosophical,
the linux society is so extreme chaotic and unfriendly, I am not joking
when I say it is impossible to file a bug.
Even if one looks for help how it should be possible, all you find are
fragments and no way it tells you how to actually file a bug.
IF!!! one waste lots and lots of time and figure out how a bug could be
filed, what hurdles must be taken, insanity is a way too weak word for it.
I suppose there must be have been one or two persons who took all that
trouble in the past decades to file a bug about the USB.
Of course nobody cares, the bugs are here to stay.

--
-------------

The moment any organization established from pure noble intentions get
some influence, it will be corrupted from both inside and outside.
Then we have organizations established from pure evil.

Edmund

Re: USB drive read-only after Mint upgrade

<PKa0N.205972$0UVe.106347@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7051&group=alt.os.linux.mint#7051

Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
From: Nic@none.net (Nic)
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 13:23:59 -0400
 by: Nic - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 17:23 UTC

On 10/31/23 12:09 PM, Edmund wrote:
> On 10/31/23 14:23, Nic wrote:

>>> I gave up that idea, the utter insanity and chaos in the linux society
>>> make sure things will never be solved.
>>>

>> Perhaps it is human nature or human nature dumbed down with modern
>> day foods, but when it comes to innovation you never know when a new
>> Beethoven will be born to the computer scene. The insanity you speak
>> of is manifesting not only in the Linux society but in society in
>> general as we approach greater wars and destruction's.
>
> Well I am not disagreeing with you here but before we get philosophical,
> the linux society is so extreme chaotic and unfriendly, I am not
> joking when  I say it is impossible to file a bug.
> Even if one looks for help how it should be possible, all you find are
> fragments and no way it tells you how to actually file a bug.
> IF!!! one waste lots and lots of time and figure out how a bug could
> be filed, what hurdles must be taken, insanity is a way too weak word
> for it.
> I suppose there must be have been one or two persons who took all that
> trouble in the past decades to file a bug about the USB.
> Of course nobody cares, the bugs are here to stay.

Perhaps what you are calling insanity is actually an elitist's point of
view, consider that a person, that is capable of doing the type of
coding is actually capable to code but must give up/relinquish certain
social skills, those social skills that most people take for granted.

Click here to read the complete article