Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 18:33:40 +0200
From: coulon@cacas.pam.obs-nice.fr (Jean-Pierre Coulon)
Subject: How to recover a menu bar I pushed too far out of the screen?
 by: Jean-Pierre Coulon - Sat, 15 Jul 2023 16:33 UTC

One of my applications has lost its menu bar. I believe I moved it too far
out of the sreen. How can I recover it?

Bye,
--
Jean-Pierre Coulon

Re: How to recover a menu bar I pushed too far out of the screen?

<1ekejnwpg784j$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=73220&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#73220

From: V@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 14:23:03 -0500
Sender: V@nguard.LH
 by: VanguardLH - Sat, 15 Jul 2023 19:23 UTC

Jean-Pierre Coulon <coulon@cacas.pam.obs-nice.fr> wrote:

> One of my applications has lost its menu bar. I believe I moved it too far
> out of the sreen. How can I recover it?

Click on its taskbar button to give it focus. Then use Alt+Spacebar to
open its control menu, hit M (move), and use the arrow keys to move its
window. When done moving where you want, hit the Enter key to get out
of move mode.

You could also click on an unused spot on the taskbar to use window
positioning, like cascade all windows, stack them, or show side by side.
Those resize the windows to fit within the desktop.

Re: How to recover a menu bar I pushed too far out of the screen?

<u8uveh$fqhb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=73222&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#73222

From: wolverine01@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 15:26:57 -0500
 by: sticks - Sat, 15 Jul 2023 20:26 UTC

On 7/15/2023 2:23 PM, VanguardLH wrote:
> Jean-Pierre Coulon <coulon@cacas.pam.obs-nice.fr> wrote:
>
>> One of my applications has lost its menu bar. I believe I moved it too far
>> out of the sreen. How can I recover it?
>
> Click on its taskbar button to give it focus. Then use Alt+Spacebar to
> open its control menu, hit M (move), and use the arrow keys to move its
> window. When done moving where you want, hit the Enter key to get out
> of move mode.

That's cool. I have a 32" LED TV I use for an extra monitor and this
happens occasionally. Now I know an easy way to grab it. Thanks!

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Re: How to recover a menu bar I pushed too far out of the screen?